• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Howarts House?

Since there was the announcment of the new book, the poll seemed fitting. I took the super duper official quiz on pottermore twice and was placed into Gryffindor. It even tells you what kind of wand you get. I got Holly wood with a phoenix feather core like Harry Potter because I'm the greatest. Anyways, if you don't want to sign up with your email you can just list the results from other quizzes, they're all over the internet.

Gryffindor is clearly the superior house, just saying.

Grey Wind

I took the Pottermore quiz twice too and got Ravenclaw. There's actually a copy of the quiz somewhere online that shows the percentage you are of each house, I'll try and find it. e: Here.

(And as if Gryffindor is the best house...)

Last edited:

Myaoigirl

According to Pottermore, Slytherin.
Gryff is a bit cliché :v
(Besides, 52% of the fans are from Gryffindor :> ).

Bananarama

The light is coming
I took the quiz and also got Ravenclaw. I kind of thought that I would be in Slytherin for some reason.

Spacial

procrastination
I got 93% Gryffindor, I've only read the books and seen the films once but I've friends who are massive fans so what J.K. Rowling said about the reason Gryffindor has so many /members/ is that the members are all possess qualities which would mean they should be in another house - Harry in Slytherin, Hermione in Ravenclaw, Neville in Hufflepuff - but they are also brave. Basically the point is that anyone has the potential to be brave which is why anyone has the potential to be in Gryffindor while the other houses require certain traits, such as ambition for Slytherin, loyalty for Hufflepuff and intellectuality for Ravenclaw.

Also, it's Hogwarts.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Did the test years ago and got Gryffindor, took the new test last week and once again got Gryffindor. So I get to keep my scarf that I bought at the Harry Potter studios.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just took the test right now and got Gryffindor. I wasn't expecting that tbh, I thought maybe I'd be a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I got Gryffindor even though I was like, "Ravenclaw would probably be my thing." The percentages are rather interesting, I thought: 78% Gryffindor, 65% for both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, and 52% for Slytherin.

I got 93% Gryffindor, I've only read the books and seen the films once but I've friends who are massive fans so what J.K. Rowling said about the reason Gryffindor has so many /members/ is that the members are all possess qualities which would mean they should be in another house - Harry in Slytherin, Hermione in Ravenclaw, Neville in Hufflepuff - but they are also brave. Basically the point is that anyone has the potential to be brave which is why anyone has the potential to be in Gryffindor while the other houses require certain traits, such as ambition for Slytherin, loyalty for Hufflepuff and intellectuality for Ravenclaw.

Forgot about that, that would explain it.

Pathfinder

No Angel
When I took the Pottermore quiz last week the Sorting Hat placed me in Slytherin house, and the wand that chose me was made from Elder wood and a Phoenix feather core.

I was hoping to be a Ravenclaw though. That one was always my favorite house.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I got Gryffindor at 89%, Slytherin at 88%, Ravenclaw at 76% and Hufflepuff at 51%

Also, it's Hogwarts.

I was also reading that you're sorted according to what you value, not necessarily your ability. I would say that most people have the potential to be all those things too, I think most people get Gryffindor not because most people are actually chilvarous and noble, but because most people value those traits over others. While I did want to be in Ravenclaw, I guess Gryffindor was the better choice for me. While I value intelligence and wisdom, even really wicked people can be wise and intelligent.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Gryffindor 78%
Ravenclaw 69%
Hufflepuff 56%
Slytherin 53%

Gryffindor or Ravenclaw would be fine with me. I am a big Harry Potter fan, but I'm not sure if I'll buy Harry Potter: and the Cursed Child because J.K. Rowling said it's not the 8th book. It's just the script of the play written in book form. I am curious about what happens in the book and if it'll be considered canon?

EDIT: I actually just read that J.K. Rowling helped create the play and posted on Twitter that it SHOULD be considered canon.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Well, I guess that makes me the first Hufflepuff of the thread XD

I've taken many different house placement tests out of curiosity sake and 9/10 I get Hufflepuff. I was kinda disappointed with it at first, but now it's really grown on me! Never was into the fandom growing up, so I don't have that overwhelming love for the series, but I respect it for what it is.

If we're going by wands as well, mine was Hazel wood with a Phoenix feather core 10 ¾" and Unyielding flexibility.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
First Pottermore account I had, I was Slytherin. Made another few years later, Slytherin again.
It seems rather fitting honestly given my personality

But seriously glad I'm not a Hufflepuff. lol

Edit: Took the new quiz, still Slytherin. Whoop!

Gillachu

Banned
I haven't read HP in years but according to the quiz I got Gryffindor as my Howarts house, just like Hrry, Rn, and Hermine.