• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your ideal Champion

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Venusaur has a x4 weakness to Psychic.
Skarmory has a x4 weakness to electric

Does that help? AND I SAID THERE WAS THREE

Actually they're both 2x.

And proper grammar is "there WERE three."

Fail.

Edit: Oh, f*ck. Someone already corrected you.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Battle Tower seems to break that rule all the time.
In fact, they use "minor legendaries" because you are allowed it too. And I don't like that either -_-

Battle Tower was made to "mimic" competitive battling. I wouldn't compare the Battle facilities with in-game champions.

I never liked the Battle Tower. Those battles became more hold item-based for me.
Who here liked the Battle Arcade?

If I changed the chart, Grass would be weak against Steel.

Haggahagga

Wakka Wakka!
To me, it has to be Cynthia, come on her team is near perfect, shes the only female Champion, she has a decent backstory and, hello, SHE'S HOT!!!!! I also love her music as well, seems very fitting.

An ideal team, It should have a staller at least (Ferrathorn FTW!) and should compose a vareity of types but have a similar trait.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
would prefer good effort points pokemon. especially those that gives 3 effort points. though i don't own 5th gen, if champion has a team of 3 effort points pokemon, any pokemon he/she has i would like it no matter what, also a balance team would be good from attack to speed type.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Someone who likes cheese and can battle.

Mato

FIREMAN
Why did they bring down the Elite Four levels in Platinum? In D/P, they were around Lv. 60. But in Pt, they're around Lv. 50.

IDK Maybe they thought they were too high and brought them down in Platinum. Even though Platinum has more story between the beginning and the League, so you could get way more stronger......IDK

An ideal champion would have no repeatitive types, even duals. Wait a hot second.... CYNTHIA

PokeLegend: Were you really born to take it ezy? RVB nuff said.

Last edited:
ZZAZZ is the most powerful trainer in all of Pokemon.

His first Pokemon is a level 153 Charizard with 65,000 HP. Oh, he also changes your in-game name so your Pokemon no longer obey you. Worse, most of your Pokemon's moves are now Explosion. Good luck!

Skevengal

Pokémon Rogue
ZZAZZ is the most powerful trainer in all of Pokemon.

His first Pokemon is a level 153 Charizard with 65,000 HP. Oh, he also changes your in-game name so your Pokemon no longer obey you. Worse, most of your Pokemon's moves are now Explosion. Good luck!

I was going to say the same thing...lol

The Outcast

Terminate421
Here's what I would have Expected Alder to use:

Braviary
Volcarona
(Starter that was opposite to yours)
Gyarados
Ferrothorn
Salamence

Too many bugs were dissapointing, also the music sucked.

Cuddlebuns

A champion who uses all novelty Pokemon would be pretty badass. Or someone who uses a team full of Magikarps that know moves they shouldn't know.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
Guys, what's with all the Magikarp hatin going around?! (see my name)

But I agree, a novelty pokemon champion would drive home the message of "Use pokemon you like"

Farfetch'd/Corsola/Luvdisc/Pachirisu/Delibird/Stunfisk would definitely make you scratch your head a little bit and wonder how such a person becomes champion

Guys, what's with all the Magikarp hatin going around?! (see my name)

But I agree, a novelty pokemon champion would drive home the message of "Use pokemon you like"

Farfetch'd/Corsola/Luvdisc/Pachirisu/Delibird/Stunfisk would definitely make you scratch your head a little bit and wonder how such a person becomes champion

That would be a disappointing Champion since all his Pokemon would suck, and get swept with ease. If anything that Champion would prove "use novelty pokemon" if you want to lose.

Pokemon you like to use =//= bad Pokemon. I'm sure Cynthia loves her Garchomp.

Professor Poke

I want the champion to be the future version of the player. ie all evolved version of the current team. Or at the very least, someone who can time travel/see the future and copied your current team.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
The best champion for me is Gary in FRLG.High level challenging

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
a dark type champ FTW

Female and older (like a cynthia cross alder)

pokemon:
Absol (epic)
Houndoom (illiminates bug weekness and is strong if you had a grass starter)
Sharpedo/Crawdaunt (good against a fire starter)
Shiftry/Caturne (strong for water starter)
Sableye/Spirtomb (no weakness)
Honchkrow/Mandibuzz (strong against fighting types)

Dark types + good balance = EPIC!!!