• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Ideas of Using the Pokeradar on Stupid Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leona

YOU JELLY?
Right guys, this has been bothering me, and im sure it has been bothering a lot of people too (well for professional pokeradar users :p). I want to know what peoples ideas are on using the pokeradar on stupid areas such as Route 228 (Sandstorm Route) or Route 216 (Snowy route). I wanna know how you people can use it on impossible areas like these.
It's been happening to a lot of people like say for example you wanted to chain on Route 228 because you want to chain Beldum, because your swarm is Beldum or even chain for the pokeradar pokemon such as Trapinch or Vibrava.
Or in the snowy route you wanted to chain Snover or Swinub(swarm)

Cumon guys! give your ideas.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I usually tilt my DS a certain way so that I can see the shaking patches. Unfortunately, I can't get a chain higher than 20 in the Sandstorm. It's easier to go farther down to Route 216 where the snow isn't blowing so hard. I can't see the patches shaking on Route 217..

Last edited:
I was told Snorunt swarm on Lake Acuity, but have never found them actually on the lake. It's utterly impossible for me to chain in Snow/Sandstorm though. I guess shinies there were meant to be super rare.

Darthkirby707

YINGER-HINGER-DURGEN
I tried to chain in a snowstorm, just for the heck of it. I got 11 sneasel as my highest chain >.<

I can only get as high as a 5 chain in both sandstorm and hail...In the ashes near Mt.Stark, perhaps about 10.

m15-07

EX/Ace Ruin Maniac
My best chain in hail or a sandstorm was 6 Dugtrio, becuses i was training my EV's not trying for a shiny.

Note: I think chaining for shinys is a really stupid thing to do they are meant to be rare.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Kind of off-topic but try chaining something in the fog.(Without clearing it) It seems that in the codeing Nintendo put the fog under the chain animation.
It's hard to explane but try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Holy crap you got a lot of shinies. :eek: Anyway the best i've ever done in a sandstorm was 3 beldum. It's so hard to see.

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
the highest chain i've had in the snowstorm area is 13 ursaring, lol. i found it easier to see the shaking patches of grass in the morning, rather than at later on in the day or at night. in the sandstorm bit i think i only ever got up to 3 or something, and that was chaining hippowdon's to try get a female.

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
Snowstorm is extremely hard to chain in.

Sandstorm of course is very possible to do. Be in the darkest place possible (Middle of the night in your room with the lights off) have your DS's time setting so it is during the day. (The brightest time) And tilt your screen a little. You are able to see every patch. I can get pretty high with chains in these but... I haven't tried chaining since August.

SkittyOnWailord- Amazing find. (I tested it)

Myself- I just chain for getting my pokemon EV trained and after I'm done with that, go for a shiny. lol (works everytime)

Last edited:

Darkaj

Trainer of Legends
I used it in the snow areas....I could see it barely with the lights out, but one patch was shiny and I didn't realize it until I came across a shiny female Machoke.

Haven't tried in the sandstorm yet though......

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I got a chain of 41 beldum in a sandstorm once. The 41st was a shiny, but it struggled itself to death. T-T I accidentally broke my chain soon after, and I may never get another chance at a shiny beldum. xD Tis sad.

Anyway, I was able to get it that high by setting the brightness on my DS Lite at the highest setting, and chaining only the sparkling patches. It also helps to tilt the screen towards you just a bit, and look at it from above. ;)

Lol. I got a 37 Chain of Sneasel in Route 216, but then the Pokeradar stopped working for some reason. NO SHINY.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I can't get past 5 in the sandstorm. >_>
I sometimes flip my DS Directions to see the shaking. ^_^

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
its easy to chain in snowstorm routes when its not snowing(diamond dust thingy)

S.H.L

Blah just battle
When I first started out chaining I use to chain in really small areas, then I found out that it was hopeless to do so, so I moved on and the first shiny I got was a shiny tyrougue on the route next to eterna city my record of a shiny has been the lowest yet encounter 2.

Godlikeone

--Sandstorm--
I once got 30 Sneasles in the snow...
but that was fluke.
I wasn't trying.

The way i do it in the snow is tilt the ds so you're looking at it sorta from the top =/

that way the patches are easier to see..

got a chain of about 43 skarmorys this way...
but that's ash sooo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.