• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your knowledge on the Ultra Necrozma battle

Did you know about Ultra Necrozma beforehand?

• Yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, but I made a strategy after losing to it once

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’ve seen a lot if people say how easy UN was and most times their response was “oh I used Zoroark/Malamar/Magnezone”. This was obviously from someone somebody who’s heard about Ultra Necrozma and searched up a counter before fighting it. Did you fight UN blind?

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I did know about Ultra Necrozma beforehand since I like to prepare for what's coming up. And I'm glad I knew about it because in my personal opinion, Ultra Necrozma is a poorly designed boss fight. When you have to exploit the boss fight to win the majority of the time, there's something wrong; because to me that's not challenge, it feels quite unfair.

Barrysun

I've just waited until Pokémon bank updated so I can transfer a strong Pokémon to Ultra sun/Ultra moon, then took on Ultra Necrozma without problems.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
No, but I went into that fight with a Bisharp and an unaware Clefable.

Necrozma nearly knocked Clefable out in one shot!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've heard that the battle is incredibly hard beforehand but nothing else like Zoroark after that. When I realized it's strategy was basically just spamming stat-raised attacks, I recall using priority moves, Mimikyu's disguise and paralyses.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I read up about people's accounts of fighting Ultra Necrozma on the Pokémon subreddit which needless to say changed my plans for my in-game team (using Magnezone rather than trying out Vikavolt). My strategy ended up being using Vaporeon's Haze to strip it of its buffs then using Toxic from Magnezone and stalling it out till Ultra Necrozma expires from Poison damage (don't want to use up my free Focus Sash).

Saberu

I raised a malamar for my second playthrough and still lost horribly the first time. I ended up using a roto boost, I think? Or just resetting for a better outcome.

And then there was nothing it could do to me.

Fun story, I also raised a Pokémon specifically for that double battle in the rainbow rocket mission. An espeon with magic bounce, to bounce back insomnia. I'm so glad I did. That battle was brutal the first time around. Two against one spamming sleep? Just terrible. I thought fun had already been invented when this game came out!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I knew about the battle itself, but I didn't do anything special to prepare for it. I had a few high-level Pokemon when I commenced that fight however, so I didn't struggle as much as most players.

It was a long time since I destroyed it but I believe I just spammed my Mawile's Play Rough until it died. I could've also spammed my Decidueye's Spirit Shackle and probably also used Sinister Arrow Raid, Decidueye's Special Z-Move.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I fully knew about him, but went in with a completely normal team, surprisingly won in the first try, but barely

ballinamon

THAT'S a Boss Battle. I had not felt so many hype since Platinum (actually for that time I had not played BW and I still need BW2). The Z Moves actually come handy here + Mimikyu and he force me to use the mighty Max Revive, that only use in the difficult situations.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
In my mono fairy run of US. Ultra Necrozma was a battle I had to make preparations for in order to win. Ribombee, focus sash and stun spore was my strategy and my Mimikyu REALLY did a number on Necrozma. (Thank the rainbow beans.) Not to mention most of my pokemon were around ten levels lower than it.

What a battle.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Went in blind but I won on the first try with the help of my Mimkyu, and Magnezone with quick claw. It was not easy (used a lot of revival herbs) but I was immensely happy and proud of that battle. One of my favorite things of Gen 7

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I went in blind & lost like 20 tìmes before looking up strategies online & then it still took me like 5 more times to beat it.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I knew it existed and I knew it's typing and I knew it was something people struggled with, but I beat in one attempt (but it fainted all of my team at least once, I had revives though), I did get confused about it's typing and used a not-very effective Z-move but then I realised my mistake and eventually beat it with my Primarina as my last mon standing.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I only won because I had my Salazzle use Toxic