• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your LEAST favorite shiny!

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
Hey guys, I know this topic has been posted before, but its realllllyyy old, (Last post was like in 2010, yikes!) and I wanted some fresh opinions, so I hope no one minds if I make a new one!

I was just wondering which shiny you guys absolutely can't stand?

Were you disappointed when your shiny baby evolved into a pukey mess?

For me, my absolute BIGGEST disappointment was Dratini > Dragonair > Dragonite.
Oh god, how did he go from that adorable pink

149.png

to this sewage green with purple wings?!

I also am not fond of shinies with minimal color change, like only being slightly darker and whatnot.. though I'd certainly take that over puke green. x.0

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I have always disliked Garbodor's shiny. Blue and Purple chunks just look like blue and purple chunks, but green and orange chunks look a lot like vomit.

ysmr97

Garchomp of course!

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
General shoutout to all shinies that look almost exactly like their normal forms. Let me scan through and find some who, unless I view the two forms side-to-side, I cannot tell whether or not it's even shiny.

- Squirtle
- Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
- Rhydon
- Articuno
- Zapdos
- Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
- Mantine
- Regice
- Piplup
- Burmy/Wormadam (all forms)
- Shellos/Gastrodon (both forms)
- Garchomp (By far the worst offender)
- Munchlax
- Heatran
- Manaphy/Phione
- Carracosta
- Dwebble
- Deerling/Sawsbuck
- Galvantula
- Tornadus/Thundurus (both forms)
- Keldeo

I'm sure some of those are obvious to a fair majority of you, but that's just my list of shinies who are WAY too close to their normal colors for me to even notice without a side-by-side comparison.

As for one which stands out to me otherwise, Nidoqueen. This is mainly because I love how Nidoking takes on her colors when shiny, but she doesn't return the favor. Such a waste.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I wanted to go into the Pokémon world and exterminate all Garchomps when I first saw those horrible shiny colors. He's a disgrace to the other shinies.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Shiny Garchomp. Its colours don't possess much of a difference to its normal form.

Benny4893

Pokemon Trader
As much as I love Arcanine, and it is my favourite Pokemon. Yellow instead of Orange really just makes me cringe.

SimH8

Lugia and Swampert. Both awesome designs and they used pink which I can't stand. Swampert looks especially terrible, and I thought Lugia had so much more potential.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
Garchomp and Bidoof. Garchomp, because I had to compare two pictures to see the shiny difference. (It was an awesome Pokemon, they should've kept Gible's shiny colors.) Bidoof, because the little yellow tinge just doesn't look good to me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Espeon. It looks too Martian.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Any pokemon with a slight colour change for a shiny. It seems lazy to me.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Jolteon, ew! And most shinies that have only a slight change. :c