• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your methods of training

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I was wondering, how do all of you train up your pokemon? I'm often lazy and use exp share.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Get them EV trained then Rare candy them up to 50 if I want them in the battle tower or just leave them if they're for WiFi.

lvl 100 Charizard

I don't EV train; what's the point? my pokemon are strong enough. I've only ever EV trained a Blissey and a salamence, and both failed miserably. What I do is:
1. Get a team of pokemon about the same level
2. Put my team in order weakest to to strongest, so the weakest is in the first slot.
3. Go to a place where the wild pokemon are about two levels lower than my weakest pokemon.
4. Battle wild pokemon to level up.
5. Once the weakest pokemon is stronger than another pokemon in my party, I switch them around so the weakest is in the first slot.
6. If my pokemon are too strong for the area I'm in I move on.
7. Reapeat steps 4-6 until my pokemon are the desired level.

Mystify

Graceful
IRT the above poster, EV training is a must if you're going to battle competitively. Also I don't understand how your EV training 'failed'. Unless you accidentally trained your Blissey in Attack rather than Defence? I'm confused. =S

Personally, after I hatch the right natured/IV'd baby, I feed it 10 vitamins in the stats I'll be
EV training it in, then I give it Pokerus and the EXP.Share and get to the EV training.

Once it's maxed out its EV's, then its repetitive E4 runs FTW. Also gives you a hell of a lot of money if you've got the amulet coin

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
I train EVs.

The EV training isn't hard or impossible to do. Eveything I must know is:
- what stats should be high
- what wild pokemon will give me desirable EVs (example- attack-Machoke)
- what moveset I want
- what nature a trained pokemon should have.

Next step:
- catching a desirable pokemon with good nature! Here I need a lot of patience because finding the right pokemon sometimes takes a lot of times.
- if I already have it I go to the tall grass and starting the training.
- I give my pokemon vitamins
- I also give them a Pokerus. It's very helpful.

I'm not a heatless person without imagination. Like I said in the thread "It's only a game" - I love to use my full imagination durning playing and I always like my pokemon as friends and partners.

Lucario Hero

Defying Gravity
I'm too lazy to specifically EV train, but I sometimes battle Pokemon like Machoke just to raise my Tyranitar's attack and things like that. I never use Rare Candies, but I do use Exp. Share, especially on newly hatched Pokemon( I'm a breeder).

firewall

don't pee in my lake
I only learned about ev training when I joined serebiiforums. I hadn't before and I only do it a bit now, mainly to cover the stats that are behind. I don't do the iv deal and don't select for natures either. I essentially assess what my pokes strong points are and work around what they can do rather than seeing what they can't. Plus, there are often ways to make up for their weakspots.

I use cheating devices to train my Pokemon. Beware my Lv.100 shiny Arceus!

However, when I don't have access to a cheating device, I train my pokes the normal way. (I have no idea what ev training is).

mangaeyes

EV users vs EV haters....

anyway I just train them normally however I broke my no EVing rule for competitive battling. I was tired of loosing...

Fire Suicune

I'm not against EV-training, I just don't do it much, and I prefer to raise my team without using all that. I just battle the E4/wild Pokes over and over until I get to the desired level. I've only Ev trained, like....2 or 3 Pokemon, and I have no idea if I did it correctly.

-F.S. out

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
However, when I don't have access to a cheating device, I train my pokes the normal way. (I have no idea what ev training is).

Amen. I've been around since the old days, and I havent the faintest on how to EV train, Im not exactly against it, I really just dont get it

But usually when I start I train the hell out of my starter, the I build my team around It, Then I usually have about 4 pokemon up til the 4th or 5th Gym, afterwards I'll most likely have a Team of 6, then I use the Rivals Levels as a guidlines as how high I should go before I meet him/her, Then By the E4 Im at about 60 for the starter and 50's for everybody else, After that I keep thestarter and slowly build a new team, usually with Pokemon from a different regions, or pokemon I dont normally use

Riversong

Buggy down.
Well, I don't EV train since I don't feel the need to. I just rebattle trainers and the E4, and occasionally wild pokemon.

relic666

I do a mix of both EV training and giving others just Iron, Calcium, Protein, etc. I can say that with EV training, the stats are remarkably higher in the certain areas you like, but sometimes I want a pokemon quick and i use the supplements. One of the best ways to quickly EV train is to play the battle tower and collect BP's and then purchse the different power items. When equipped, they make ev training much faster. Then, just find a video online where there is a trainer with the pokemon you want to battle to earn the EV points and then find the trainer in the game. That is what I have done, and so far and in just a couple days, I have my Drapion and Crobat perfectly ev trained. =]

Last edited:

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
A few months ago, I just started getting into breeding for the desired nature, and decents IVs.

And then I proceed with EV training.

I don't EV train all the time though. I do it when I have time to kill.

=^_^=

Tomato Jr.

i never ev train, just battle other pokemon. i sometimes use the vitamins, but only if there is a stat that is way down on what it should be. EV training, breeding loads of the same pokemon to get a perfect nature, releasing those that don't make it, it seems like a form of virtual nazisim.

??????

That guy.
I EV train, and if using 1-3 generation Pokemon, use the 2nd Fr/Lg E4.

virtual nazisim
Thats the only way to battle on WiFi. And the fact thats it's virtual disallows for it to be cruel.