• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most 'AARGH!!' moment

Hudsonn98

It took me, quite literally, three and a half days to find a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave. Then, my Sableye got a crit. Damn!

G50

No longer posting
Every single time my game freezes when I face the Elite 4. This always happens when I level up my Pokemon, and then get ko'd.

aswertyuiol

Cold turkey.
I found a shiny Pelipper in Emerald, only to find I had no Pokeballs. I WAS FRICKIN SIX YEARS OLD!!

cantab

It took me, quite literally, three and a half days to find a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave. Then, my Sableye got a crit. Damn!

That reminds me of my one. Finding out that Cryogonal, which I'd encountered and casually KOed on my story run, is a 1% encounter rate outside winter :( Fortunately it was autumn in-game on the European release, so I didn't have too long to wait.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Recently, in Platinum, someone flinched me 3 times in a row with the same move. Later in that battle, his Mothim's silver wind increased his stats twice in a row, giving him legendary-level power.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
That reminds me of my one. Finding out that Cryogonal, which I'd encountered and casually KOed on my story run, is a 1% encounter rate outside winter :( Fortunately it was autumn in-game on the European release, so I didn't have too long to wait.

I remember seeing a Cryogonal back in October last year and I didn't see another Cryogonal since. Then I waited 5 months (now it is February), I took my False Swiper Zangoose to Twist Mountain with me, I wished I would see another Cryogonal, then a wild Pokemon shows up and it's a CRYOGONAL! I used False Swipe on it and it was a pain to catch. I had to use 8 Dusk Balls to catch the darn thing! I was even thinking it was a "Legendary" Cryogonal. I was so relieved when I caught it after waiting 5 months, ironically it was summer when I caught it and they have like, a 1% encounter rate if it's not winter.

My Cryogonal turned out with a Gentle nature and the characteristic "Strongly defiant". Not too shabby.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I remember seeing a Cryogonal back in October last year and I didn't see another Cryogonal since. Then I waited 5 months (now it is February), I took my False Swiper Zangoose to Twist Mountain with me, I wished I would see another Cryogonal, then a wild Pokemon shows up and it's a CRYOGONAL! I used False Swipe on it and it was a pain to catch. I had to use 8 Dusk Balls to catch the darn thing! I was even thinking it was a "Legendary" Cryogonal. I was so relieved when I caught it after waiting 5 months, ironically it was summer when I caught it and they have like, a 1% encounter rate if it's not winter.

It's easier to manually set what Season you want it to be, then you don't have to worry about that low capture rate.

I do that all the time.

Snorby

Snorby
Finding a Shiny Metang on Black. I False-Swiped for about 15 minutes till it was at 1 hp, yawned it, and threw all 450 Ultra balls I had at it. i then caught it using a regular pokeball on the first try. I then discovered it was Flawless and Adament :D

Arkaitz

<<Obsessed>>
My greatest upset moment would have to be when I was starting a new file in Pokemon Ruby for fun. In my regular file, I was preparing to battle the final Elite 4 member. I had no intentions of saving it, I just wanted to see what having a Treeko was like, since I had a Torchic. And lo and behold, my brother saves the game. So now I suck at Pokemon Ruby. It was horrible.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
Well, I have met 2 legit wild shinies in my life before

The first one was graveler in pokemon platinum, and i threw a ultra ball at it, afraid i might kill it. Then it used explosion.

The second one was pidgey in pokemon heartgold, and i didn't get my pokeballs yet.

GOD DARN IT

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It's easier to manually set what Season you want it to be, then you don't have to worry about that low capture rate.

I do that all the time.

It was February 1st when I caught that Cryogonal, mine turned out with a Gentle nature. If I want another one I'd just breed it with my Ditto.

I don't change my clock unless if daylight saving changes.

PsiOmega

An old soul
My Skarmory. For a Pokemon incapable of losing accuracy, it's 90 accuracy Steel Wing sure does miss a lot...

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
I usually have a lot of AARGH moments in the battle subway...

But I'd say my most aargh moment was the Battle Castle in Platinum, I ran into a shiny Sandslash. :( My second shiny encounter ever and it had to be in the freaking Battle Caste. I've come to find plenty of awesome shinies since then. :D Ditto and Audino ftw.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
In Pokemon Emerald, I tried to catch Registeel for THREE HOURS.

Also in Emerald, I found a Shiny Milotic in the Battle Pike. I tried using Pokeballs on it and the game said: "Items can't be used here." I was like: "AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR RULES, JUST GIVE ME MY SHINY POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vandslaux

In the Battle Tower, all of my attacks missed. ALL. Freaking Brightpowder cheaters.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Also, chaining for a shiny Shinx in Platinum and my chain gets broken at 39 by a BIDOOF.

Those things are out to get us, I swear. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF