• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most 'AARGH!!' moment

Tosh420

I play pokemon.
Battle subway super single, 100+ wins, going strong, only to be stopped dead in my tracks by a mud bomb+softboiled+toxic+minimize Blissey. aargh.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Battle subway super single, 100+ wins, going strong, only to be stopped dead in my tracks by a mud bomb+softboiled+toxic+minimize Blissey. aargh.

So sad, Blissey has walled you...

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
Its a beautiful regular morning and you're lazily EV training when suddenly...
a wild shiny pokemon appeared!
Sadly no Quickball available.
Switches to weakest team member with the lowest attack stat.
Uses the weakest base stat attack move.
Critical hit happens.
Accidentally faints the shiny wild pokemon.
Mind explodes.

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
That Xatu that was nailing me with confusion over and over again. Lost the 20th battle that day... so close to the Frontier Brain :(

Thara

ive had two major ones

so,once on my dimond, i was bored, so i started a new game without deleting my old one (so when i turned my ds off the file would be gone). i ran around for a while, and all of a sudden a random shiny girafarig appeared! (insert face palm here)

also, one time i got lost in a cave (dont remember witch) and i had been wandering around for a while to no avail. then a shiny bronzor appeared. all of my pokemon were to strong to catch it, so i went to the weakest pokemon and used its weakest move. it was a critical hit. i died a little bit inside..

PsiOmega

An old soul
Battle Pyramid. Lost on the 20th floor. Blue warp panel right next to me. Why, Rich Boy Dustin? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Vitals

Ghetsis' impossible level 54 Hydreigon in White version. My OCD was NOT happy.

In Pokemon Crystal version (back when I was playing it when it first came out), my mystery egg hatched to reveal a Cleffa, and for some reason it sparkled! I didn't understand shinies at the time, so I figured it was just because it was a hatched Pokemon. I ended up trading it for a Natu.

All of the surfing in Hoenn

My SS
Me:Lugia,i will get you in my Poke Ball!
3 failed attempts with lugia koing himself(or her)with struggle
Me:Forget this,i'm just gonna use my ultra ball!
1...2...3...Gotcha!LUGIA was caught!
Me:ARRRGH!Why didn't i do that in the first place?!ARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackterravolt

Penguin Lover
I have 2 "ARRGH!!" moments during my time playing pokemon. Once was when I encountered a shiny Voltorb that used Selfdestruct and the other was when I saw a shiny Onix but ran out of pokeballs. -__-

Z-man

Pokemon equality!!!
You must have gotten a bad number generated. Darn RNGs, at least you caught it in a Regular Poke Ball which I hear happening to so many people who caught Legendaries.

Yea... I basically had the worst of luck... I restarted 15 TIMES. And it was while watching Chuggaaconroy catch it, which usually gives me good luck.

Trying to catch a Pokemon and after wasting 20+ Ultra Balls, you tried a joke using a Poke Ball before restarting then it get caught.

Flame Mistress

When I lost my Black, which had half a dozen shinies, half a dozen Events, dozens of Egg Move Pokemon, dozens of Pokemon with alright IVs (as in, at least one or two 31s), and all my treasured Pokemon from HeartGold. Six months later it turned up in my wardrobe.

First thing I thought was: Why not earlier?

Aurea

Sees into your soul!
I ran out of balls trying to catch Cresselia, then she ran away and I moved one square in the long grass and..... Shiny Ponyta appears! *slams head into wall*

I scream "AARGH!!" when I use my Chatot.

Everytime I fight a Ghost type, I either get pelted with Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, or Curse.
Makes me want to use Curse.

All those times trying to catch a non evolving pokemon. Especially in the earlier games. Took around 5 tries and 50 balls of varying level to catch a level 10 Heracross in Pokemon Silver, 30+balls on Stantlers, Girafarigs and Yanmas. I expect this sort of behaviour with legendaries but these things are not so and therefore should be easier to catch. :p Murkrow in my diamond was also a prat... luckily that exact scenario led to me finding a shiny Buneary so all good in the end I guess.

Over 9000 balls on Beldum. Don't even go there with Beldum... just transfer the free one you get in gen 3 and get it busy with Ditto.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
All those times trying to catch a non evolving pokemon. Especially in the earlier games. Took around 5 tries and 50 balls of varying level to catch a level 10 Heracross in Pokemon Silver, 30+balls on Stantlers, Girafarigs and Yanmas. I expect this sort of behaviour with legendaries but these things are not so and therefore should be easier to catch. :p Murkrow in my diamond was also a prat... luckily that exact scenario led to me finding a shiny Buneary so all good in the end I guess.

Over 9000 balls on Beldum. Don't even go there with Beldum... just transfer the free one you get in gen 3 and get it busy with Ditto.

You must have been so unlucky if you had to waste 30 balls on just one Stantler.

And yeah, Beldum's catch rate is equal to some Legendaries. No wonder I Poke Transferred mine.