• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most 'AARGH!!' moment

wolf king

Resistance is futile
battling the rival in SS, we where both down to our last poke and both had red HP, all that was needed was one more quick attack and he was finnished, i tried to be a smart - *bleep* and used flame wheel instead. He moved first - since when was a blue crocodile faster than a stoat on fire. ARGHHHH.

diablo3guide

I don't always say AAARGH. But when I do, I almost had it. Its so frustrating catching Legendaries! Get them down to there last HP, put em to sleep or paralyze em and they STILL break out! I went through almost 50 ultra balls trying to catch Latios... >_< Do Legendaries have to be the EXCEPTION when it comes to catch rate!?

pokemaster3394

Running into Giratina with barely any ultra balls

PsiOmega

An old soul
Going to the Battle Castle... and finding a Shiny Treecko.

pokemaster3394

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Throwing about 40 ultra balls at Lugia in SoulSilver, and then throwing a Poké Ball for the sake of it.
Guess what?
Lugia was caught. :[

ROBO PIKA Tek 2

Kid with Pantz
I was on Smogon's tournament channel in OU.

1v1
Forretress (About 45% HP remaining) used Volt Switch. Slowbro took 35% HP
Me: YES! I WIN!
Slowbro (Poisoned, had about 5% HP left) used Fire Blast! Slowbro missed!
Slowbro is hurt by poison!
Slowbro Fainted!
Opponent: In your f*****g face.

When you encounter a shiny and you have no pokeballs left AARGH!!!

-Nator-

Unintentionally critting wild Pokemon (especially rare ones) when you're trying to catch them, but instead knock them out.

Romain

Err'body Luv Mama!
Guuuuuurl,, mama don't get, "AARGH", moments; mama gets, "Oh gurl, please. Why'd y'all have to go and do that? You now on mama's list of enemies!"

This happens everytime mama is trying to level up a specific Pokémon, and the poor child gets whacked by some rock slide. They make mama cry!

TheEliteEmpoleon

When you encounter a shiny and you have no pokeballs left AARGH!!!

That's why I always carry backup.
Mi AAARRGGHH moments are getting criticle hits on shinies and killing them, or finding a shiny when I'm hunting for something else.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
One of mine would be fighting Lance. He was down to his last Dragonite. I someone managed to not get killed for 3 whole turns. Problem was my Blizzard missed... 3 times in a row. I proceeded to lose. I thought I had it in the bag, and just everything went down hill.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Man that is why you have ice beam!

When I sad down and played SS, I started at ilex forest, play the whole game to battle with lugia without saving, stock up with balls to catch lugia, battle lugia, it takes down my first Pokemon, finger slips and a accidentally tap flee, I don't turn off cos I've basically played from the beginning of the game.
I learned my lesson from that.