• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most 'AARGH!!' moment

Lethal Llama

Random Trainer
I had an AAARGHH! moment today on Ruby. I was in the Hoenn desert, training before Norman as you do. I swear to GOD Sand Veil is the most annoying ability ever there. I was practically screaming at every Sandshrew I saw....

paracelsus

Encountering a shiny weezing on cinnabar island in my leafgreen, false swiping it to 1 HP, hypnotizing it, and proceeding to blow 200 ultra balls on it. I literally ran out of balls. It was ridiculous

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I've got another one - finding a foreign pokemon which isn't fake, that's hard because for all we know they could be lying.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Beldums are AARGH!!-ish to capture

Tenebris

Acta non verba
The amount of zubats in the early gen games? lol

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I believe it was when I was facing a Fearow(I think) and it spammed double team to the max. And when I had finally gotten it down to yellow it used Roost

Larry

This one time I could not capture a Chatot for the life of me. It resulted in me throwing my DS.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I found my first-ever random shiny. In the Battle Frontier.

AARGH!!

golem12

Dragon Trainer
catching rayquaza on emerald it took me arround 1 a 2 hours just for that rayquaza and because of this he is my favorite poké too

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I remember once when I was battling a shiny Graveler and it KO'd itself with Explosion. That doesn't really matter now, though, since I have a shiny Geodude anyway from HeartGold.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Grinding on Weedle and Caterpie (and the occasional Pikachu) in Viridian Forest. That tops EVERYTHING you guys can say simply because of how repetitive and not all that helpful it truly is.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Defeating a legendary unintentionally when trying to lower it's health for a catch

Losing to Red ( Though I expected that to happen. I beat himon my 3rd try )

When a rare pokemon flees in the Safari Zone

L

LilyAurelia

Running after the roaming legends in Soul Silver, finding them, get the hp down and find them 80 more times trying to catch them, wish I had a pokemon with arena trap or something.

Agree on the amount of zubat, really hate those caves -.-

PsiOmega

An old soul
Encountering a shiny weezing on cinnabar island in my leafgreen, false swiping it to 1 HP, hypnotizing it, and proceeding to blow 200 ultra balls on it. I literally ran out of balls. It was ridiculous

Replace Shiny Weezing with Shiny Metang, replace LeafGreen with White, and replace Cinnibar with Giant Chasm, and you have my AARRRG moment.

Jusala

Poultry Farmer
My AAARRRGGHH moment: Stumbling upon a Lvl 95 Togekiss that I trained up a few years ago in my box. "Awesome!"
...Togekiss's Ability: Hustle
O__- AAARRRGGGHHH

aswertyuiol

Cold turkey.
Running after the roaming legends in Soul Silver, finding them, get the hp down and find them 80 more times trying to catch them, wish I had a pokemon with arena trap or something.

You can get Wobbuffet at night on the Peak of the Safari Zone. Thought it might help.

I was playing Emerald. I was floating along the sea, happy as ever, when I encountered a Pelipper. At first, it looked normal enough. Them I noticed that instead of blue, it was green. That was the first shiny I ever found without my brother's hacks. I carefully lowered its health with my Gyarados, then hypnotised it with Jigglypuff. I opened my bag and skipped to the Pokeballs section. Guess what? I had no Pokeballs. I was only six, so I had no idea what to do. I wanted to make a Pokeball magically appear in my hand with my brother's hacks, but I wanted it fair and square. After about five tantrums, I made the difficult decision to flee. "Ill catch one someday," I told myself. But I never did. I'm still upset about that even now.

BlizzardFireblaze

Ibedrinkin2much4sure
Your opponent getting crits. ARGH!

jmdavid12

Challenge Accepted
I was trying to get Ho-oh in HeartGold. I had it down very far into the red. I then proceed to waste 100 frikin' Ultra Balls, only to catch it with A POKEBALL. I literally yelled,"SCREW YOU, HO-OH!!!!!!" AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
SRing and getting neutral natures ten times in a row.