• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most embarrassing In-Game Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbio

NINJA!
In emerald I thought all the Rock, Ground and Fighting types weere Rock and Fighting. Cards.

Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28

Hungry as a Snorlax
Uhh when I first got red version back in like 1997 I couldn't figure out how to get out of my house XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I couldn't figure out how to fly.

I thought it you just had to activate the HM, I didn't know I had to select the Pokemon.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
On several occasions, I tried using Strength to move the Snorlax blocking Diglett's Cave. I didn't know you had to use the Poke Flute.

For the record, Strength cannot be used to move sleeping Snorlaxes.

Well...most of them are in FR, but I guess it applies to R/B/Y.

FR:

-Couldn't find Oak.
-Thought non-attacking moves were useless.
-Could NOT for the life of me get through the Silph Place.
-On the Sevii Islands, I couldn't get the Sapphire. I had to call Nintendo for help. >_<
-I played XD first, so I tried to catch a Bug Catcher's Weedle...

XD:

-Thought that if you had 6 Pokemon in your Party, you could not catch any more.
-Did not know how to work the PC. So when I wanted to take out my Teddiursa, I accidentally released it.

Soybean

Probably catching a slew of caterpies and metapods in viridian forest.

Getting in an eternal harden battle with a bug catcher.

I also got lost in the seafoam islands for days. And I had an escape rope right in front of me at the time.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
When I first played my Red, I only trained my Charmander/Charmeleon and ended up owned by Misty.

swampsperts

Fight Fire with Fire
The infamous-deadly-no-win-situation of metapod vs. metapod.
Also only using my charmander, even though I had no problems to significant to share...

Mirag3

When I first played my Red, I only trained my Charmander/Charmeleon and ended up owned by Misty.

Same with me. When I first started I was guilty of only training my starter. I still remember the day I finally beat Gary in the Elite 4. Aside from my Charizard my highest trained pokemon was Lapras and only by a few levels more then when you receive him. It came down to my low lvl Pidgey. (and I mean low, like lvl 12 or something) I quick attacked and his Blastoise had 1 HP left and I won. It was pretty epic. XD

Glitcher

I had a big pixel leak in my fat gray gameboy and I thought it was a pokemon and kept trying to chase it.

Wow, that is the weirdest one I've heard yet.

There are an alarming number of people here who couldn't find their way out of their own house. These are top-class explorers, I tell you. For my own account, I had a Gameshark that I exploited quite extensively in Blue. This was back in the days when 'Pokegods' like Pikablu and Anthrax flooded the internet, and I used my GS to catch 'em all - as well as the other 151 Pokemon. I realized they were just scrambled monsters that produced weird glitches during gameplay, but as you can tell from my username, I quite enjoyed messing around with them with no regard to consequences. Anyway, I was on the train during a school trip to Berlin in 1998 when I was playing with the Pokegod Spooky (the apparent evolved form of Gengar). All was well, when suddenly Spooky caused the game to crash in a Pokemon Centre. I shrugged and restarted my Gameboy. To my horror, my save file had been deleted! My complete Pokedex and Pokegods had vanished in an instant. Now this wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't left my Gameshark at home. And when I reached Berlin, I saw something amazing next to the Gedächtniskirche; a giant Pokeball building full of trainers battling, trading and comparing their Pokedexes! And there I was, standing forlorn, with nothing but an empty save file in my hands. I suppose there's a lesson to be learned here... T_T

Where do I begin?

- I guess my first problem was being stuck in my house. I restarted 20 times before I figured it out.
- I hadn't played games with a save option before, so I kept the game on until the batteries died.
- Having only seen the anime, I assumed, because Charmander kicked Golem's butt in the show, that he'd be good against Brock.
- Like everyone else, I kept training my starter.
- I never paid attention to the items at the Pokemart other than the original Pokeballs.
- I never paid attention to the Item balls laying around.
- I used my Masterball on Zapdos, not knowing about Mewtwo.
- I always thought you HAD to get through Rock Tunnel in the dark.

The list goes on.

I think that if the internet was like it is now, most of those mistakes would've never happened.

Another embarrassing incident, though my brother was responsible for this.

I let him play it for awhile. He thought that you were suppose to release Butterfree, like in the show, and he released my level 100 Butterfree, my first ever level 100. I almost became a murderer that day.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Another embarrassing incident, though my brother was responsible for this.

I let him play it for awhile. He thought that you were suppose to release Butterfree, like in the show, and he released my level 100 Butterfree, my first ever level 100. I almost became a murderer that day.

well did he save the game?

well it was this year i ordered yellow from amazon and whenever i weant to the house it took 10 minutes to get out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.