• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most unusual foes that you swear were hacked

03jnb

Veteran Trainer
It's the Japanease players that hack. I went against one who sent out a Shiny Charizard in a Master Ball... O_O

donphan123

Wannabe Breeder
lol i saw 1 that had a cerebii with bout 700 attack or sumin and it have volt tackle , with rock head ??

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Two in particular, a rain team with two Kyorges (And a Darkrai, par for the course), and a guy with an average Johto team who named his party after the FF13 cast. Got both passes.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
OMG! I just fought(wi-fi) someone with pokemon from black and white! how in the h*** is that legit? I just seriously fought him!

How the bloody heck is PBR's hack checker that weak; hacks is one thing, but freaking player-built character models? Have people even hacked PBR that deeply?

I don't want to call you a liar, but I can't believe it.

docxy

lone wolf
i ran into a guy with a freshly caught giratina and the three starters' evolved
two of the starters were in masterballs
i kicked his ***

Skyshaymin492

Dimensional Traveler
I battled a guy who was an uber-lover. Had six (count 'em, six!) Mewtwos. They all had the same moves and stuff. Please tell me that he was a hacker, no way in hell he had the patience to play through a video-game six times straight.
Trust me when I say, some people would go to h*** and back just to get the number of Legendaries that they want

From my Firered and Leafgreen games, I got eight Mewtwo, eight Articuno, eight Zapdos, eight Moltress, four Ho-oh, four Lugia, and other various one-time-per-game Pokemon

i fought this dude over WiFi who KO'd 3 of my Pokemon w/ a Crobat using Fly & Air Slash
Just because somebody's Crobat was strong enough to take down half of your team, that doesn't mean it was hacked.

How the bloody heck is PBR's hack checker that weak; hacks is one thing, but freaking player-built character models? Have people even hacked PBR that deeply?

I don't want to call you a liar, but I can't believe it.
I don't think that PBR has a hack check.

Last edited:

Kodama木魂

∩( ・ω・)∩
The most unusual case I can remember is fighting a Japanese trainer that had 6 *shiny Giratina on his/her team. I thought !hack! right away, however, I don't re-call the Giratina using any non-learnable moves/having extraordinary stats that KO'd my Pokémon instantly. Still though, I'd be highly surprised if this guy legitimately obtained 6 *shiny Giratina without hacking.

Just to mention, I did manage to beat him. Sooo, eh, who knows?

xXxBattousaixXx

Unova Wanderer
I fought my friend who has a Lugia that knows Psycho Boost. I'm pretty sure on Deoxys can learn that move

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
One thing that gets me mad on the wifi are guys who abuse the lack of an item clause AND use hacked pokes. I fought this guy once with all fighting types, 2 shines, and all of them had either an LO or a Choice item. Unoriginal much?

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
OMG! I just fought(wi-fi) someone with pokemon from black and white! how in the h*** is that legit? I just seriously fought him!

What? PBR can connect to black and white and use them online? That's crazy. I had no idea! I hope I run into someone like that; I'm very interested to see this.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
a kyogre that messed up my brave bird as my star wasn't hurt by it. also kyogre def is so high(why my brave bird only hit 1/5 of his hp?) so i straight away disconnected.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
One time I was battling this dude and he had a raichu with surf caught in an ultra ball. I got his friend pass and the nature was modest and was male. I thought that female pikachu and raichu with a hardy nature and in a pokeball can have surf.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
/\ right on the money. Even the surfing pikachu from the Pokewalker are all female, though their natures can vary. and their all in pokeballs, not ultraballs.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
I've seen my fair share of PBR Pokemon that have been hacked, but my favorite by far has to be the player whose team consisted of a Giratina, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Charizard, Salamence, and Deoxys. All shiny and all in Cherish Balls. A fairly standard n00b hack that normally would have been forgotten easily, but it was the stats that made it memorable. Every stat for every Pokemon on the team was 666.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
I've seen my fair share of PBR Pokemon that have been hacked, but my favorite by far has to be the player whose team consisted of a Giratina, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Charizard, Salamence, and Deoxys. All shiny and all in Cherish Balls. A fairly standard n00b hack that normally would have been forgotten easily, but it was the stats that made it memorable. Every stat for every Pokemon on the team was 666.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I don't think that PBR has a hack check.

Collusseum did, it goes without saying that PBR does.

How did you figure that o- waaaaaaait