• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your most unusual foes that you swear were hacked

card986

i fought a guy who had 2 girantina. One girantina was shiny. he also had a blissey that when i used a salamence earthquake on it, it did less then half damage. even with max hp and def it not possible since its max defense is 140 or something around there. i dont know i just sorta had a hunch they hacked.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I once battled someone with an Articuno that has Hydro Pump and Thunder .. I mean WTF !? The good thing is that I easily defeated it using me one and only Medicham ^-^

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
I am annoyed when I face a hacker who justs hacks pokes b/c they are legends. The closest thing I do to hacking is on my Ranger 3 game when I use an AR to bypass the Deoxys mission's 2-player requirement, and even then the obtained Deoxys is still technically legit.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
I had a battle with a guy of a team of

Giratina
Palkia
Dialga
Rayquaza
Deoxys

i would have completely forgotten if it werent for the last poke
DESUKAN!
and all had 666 in all stats
it made me really mad to see PBRs hack checker be so low

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
DESUKAN???? What does it look like? was its cry right?

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
no it sounded like a wobuffet when it came out but the sprite and the moves where exactly like Desukan except for the stats

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
/\ point taken, has anyone seen a Zoroark? I'll be suprised if I see one when I get back on PBR (once my new team is done).

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I battled a guy/girl who had all shiny starters in cherish balls -_-
The Charizard had Fissure and the Venusaur had Thunder
I was all like: o_O

isac

i once versed a team that consisted of pokemon only with fake out, and they also had a persian and purugly that knew hypnosis
they somehow did not manage to miss, they hit first every time, and my armaldo's (who is the only slow one on my team) focus sash didnt work
and the last thing they didnt trade friend passes so it was kinda obvious it was hacked

and i also have to say that pbr's hack counter isnt too low, i got a shiny shaymin from a friend and it wasnt allowed to go on to pbr because it wasnt legit enough so i highly doubt that you would see fifth gen pokes on pbr

isac

i once versed a team that consisted of pokemon only with fake out, and they also had a persian and purugly that knew hypnosis
they somehow did not manage to miss, they hit first every time, and my armaldo's (who is the only slow one on my team) focus sash didnt work
and the last thing they didnt trade friend passes so it was kinda obvious it was hacked

and i also have to say that pbr's hack counter isnt too low, i got a shiny shaymin from a friend and it wasnt allowed to go on to pbr because it wasnt legit enough so i highly doubt that you would see fifth gen pokes on pbr

Skyshaymin492

Dimensional Traveler

Just because someone's entire team has Fake-out, that doesn't mean it's hacked; it's actually a common gimmick team. As for Hypnosis hitting every time, that's all up to chance, and could possibly be affected by items. (By the way, how many times did it use Hypnosis?)
Also, hacks over Wi-fi or wireless on any game for any system only work on one side; ex: there's a hack that maxes out a Pokemon's Hp to 999 at any time in a battle in D.S. series games, which affects only one side, whereas the hack that gives a one hit KO on any attack move can't affect the other side since there are no hacks enabled. So in other words, you probably took a fraction of damage without noticing, (which broke the focus sash) and then it was taken out afterwards. Finally, not many people like to trade friend passes, or they've already collected the max amount.

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
I once fought a guy with a Rampardos that managed to outspeed my Electivire, Weavile, and Sceptile, all trained for speed. I looked up the min/max stats of each, and there is no possible way a legitimate Rampardos could outrun even the slowest of them, even with maxed out IV's, EV's, and a Choice Scarf.

Oh, and that was my first time using PBR's WiFi battle. So yeah.

thornmud

<< Happiness...
some guy had a spiritomb with wonder guard, but i had a machoke with foresight and some fighting moves of course, so it was all good

Skyshaymin492

Dimensional Traveler
some guy had a spiritomb with wonder guard, but i had a machoke with foresight and some fighting moves of course, so it was all good

Lol! I just love when a hacker's supposedly invincible Pokemon get a dose of reality; Wonderguard won't always be there to protect you!

Ditto123

~Word~
i fought a team of 6 sunkern
all of them had sheer cold and hit
so hax

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I just battled a trainer with nearly all hacked pokemon. I thought that Shiny Manaphy weren't even allowed on wifi at all?! Well, apparently I was wrong. Other obvious hacks on his team included a Jolteon caught on Route 214, an Electivire and a Croakgunk. All shiny and in Cherish balls. Seriously kids, if you're going to hack, at least do it well. I guess this answers the question as to whether or not PBR has a hack check... (A big resounding NO)

The worse thing about this is that he beat me. I'm so mad right now! I know it seems stupid, but I really hate it when I lose to such badly hacked crap. I mean, I worked hard to get my pokemon shiny and flawless legitly! I should at least win. D=

I know, I'm a poor sport. But it's not being a good sport to use stupid hacks like that...

Hikaru 2000

Lugia's No.1 fan
I versed a guy with starters in ultra balls. obvious hack is obvious

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
I met a guy on Wi-fi with 5 shiny ampharos, 3 in master balls. Marowak still outsped them at 140 speed, no scarf, and OHKO'd all 3 that he threw out. Oh, P.S. the last Pokémon was shiny Mew with Sketch!!!