• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Nuzlocking Experiences

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
i was completely wiped out by pierce after my heracross was killed by steelix... "-__-
however i decided to give myself a second chance. I could "revive" 6 pokemon from my graveyard using my alive pokemon as sacrifices.
I got back Togekiss, Magneton, Heracross, Gyarados, and Beedril+Arbok even though they are becoming useless as attacker, but i still need them as hm slaves...
(Arbok's crunch does absolutely nothing... D:)

Grimer

Pokemon #088
I'm actually really good at them and I've only tried a Nuzlocke once, I got up to the 4th Gym without any deaths!

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Well, earlier today I got a gut punch in my Platinum Nuzlocke. Managed to beat Gardenia without losing a team member, despite my team comprising Grotle, Budew, Shellos, Geodude, Buneary, and Meditite. I managed to lose Grotle and Roselia (he evolved after the fight with Gardenia) in the battle against Jupiter. Her Skuntank spammed up Night Slash and landed a critical to kill Treebeard and another to kill Flowerguy.

I barely managed to make it through the battle without losing anybody else. I lost my starter. I'm definitely not as optimistic as I once was about this run. I have the Togepi egg from Cynthia. Going to hatch that in town and hope I can rebuild from here.

I've started my HeartGold Nuzlocke now, too. Hopefully my Totodile doesn't suffer the same fate as my Grotle.

pokenutter

Warrior of Time
My experiences tell me that base stat-weak Pokémon typically don't last long in Nuzlocke runs. This is to be expected- if they're not powerful, it becomes difficult to keep them alive at high levels. However, in my Yellow run, I captured a Rattata. I named him Major, and in the comic script that may or may not be finished one day, he kind of had the personality of a grizzled war veteran. He was captured on Route 3, and didn't level as fast as either my Pikachu or Spearow. I kept him around, though, because more manpower is always a good thing in these games.

I encountered the Team Rocket trio at the end of Mt. Moon, and they proceeded to lay a total smackdown on my team. THey killed my Pikachu and Spearow, leaving me with only Major. Thanks to a streak of lucky criticals and low enemy accuracy, he managed to survive.

I built up the team some more, and eventually arrived at Giovanni's gym. My team consisted of Major, a Venusaur, and four others that weren't likely to be one-or-two shotted by Ground-type attacks. I led with Venusaur, who had been powerleveled to 60. His Dugtrio's first attack hit. That hit happened to be Fissure. I watched my team drop one by one, inflicting minimal casualties... Until Major came onto the field. I had given him Blizzard a few levels back just to clear up inventory space. He proceeded to sweep the remainder of Giovanni's team, once again the sole survivor of a massacre.

Sadly, his luck didn't last forever. I used him fairly regularly during the Elite Four, but kept from using Blizzard. I fought Lance, and managed to get him down to just his Dragonite. It somehow survived a critical hit from Blizzard, and retaliated with its own Blizzard. Major didn't survive the hit, but he did lower Dragonite's HP enough that my Flareon could KO it.

I ended up winning that league challenge, and I get the sense that Major was the biggest part of it. If the comic ever finishes, his last words are going to be ones of support. Words of hope for the one, final, personal battle that awaits...

Shadow Lucario 50

Shadow Pokemon
Pokémon Ruby was my first Nuzlocke. I was always underleveled when getting to the Gyms, but I never lost a Pokémon. My team before going to the Elite Four was Blaziken, Absol, Zangoose, Tentacruel, Vileplume, and Exploud. I beat all the Elite Four with my team... And then they were all wiped out by the Champion. So I had to make a new team from random Pokémon in my box. My second team consisted of Mightyena, Pelipper, Dustox, Wigglytuff, Skarmory, and Groudon. They took out Steven (or, should I say Groudon took out his team) and beat the game.

I can't recall it much since I never made art or anything for it and I just wanted to know how a Nuzlocke went. So... Yeah, I can't remember much.

AllyNidhogg

Double the fun!
Is a Nuzlocke challenge considered completed when you beat the Elite Four + Champion?

That's what most people consider at least. Sometimes I tend to carry on further until I grow tired of it though.

So my Nuzlocke career started when I saw a post concerning the rules. I decided to look for my Pokemon Ruby Version, and did a Nuzlocke Run. I got 6 deaths, though the three last could've been easily avoided. (Like my desperate attempt at raising a Pelipper by letting it fight a Magneton. You get the idea how that ended.) Needless to say, I got hooked on the Nuzlocke Challenge.

On the other hand, my White 2 Nuzlocke went pretty well, and I was quite satisfied with my team. (Imagine my shock after I encountered a Lapras on my first try.) 5 deaths. Sadly Lapras was one of them T-T