• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Online Self vs. Your IRL Self

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
This is how I'd rate myself:

YOS- 9/10

IRL- 4/10

I blab my mouth here often but I'm quite supressed in real life, I suck at making friends, the only way I make friends is the use of something.... like:

Person(Looks at my laptop during a college class): "Oh, what game is that?"

Me: "Super Mario 64",

Person: "Oh can I try?"

Me: "Sure"

BAM we are friends.lol

Hyperlust

Swamp Logger
I'm more open to start or participate in convos online (obviously. wouldn't bust into the middle of a group talking)

In real life, I don't speak my mind as much - usually because utter crap is what comes out.

gamzee

bard of rage
i'm pretty much the same lol i'm even socially awkward/anxious on the internet as i am irl. lame.

i used to be complete keyboard warrior when i was younger though which looking back was kinda really freaking hilarious

~Starlight~

Cold Inside
I have severe social anxiety so I almost never speak IRL, and when I do speak my voice is extremely quiet and flat.

Online It's not as bad, but I still struggle with the anxiety. :(

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Nobody knows who I am on the internet, and in real life.

I revel in the crippling anonymity.

TicoPokemonMaster

My real self is being shy at first but once I get to know people well I'm more outspoken. My online self is the outspoken person that I am.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Hmm... I'm kinda the same. The only difference is I'm more willing to express my feelings/opinions online. And that I'm kinda not ashamed to show stuff online than in real life. Like my stories and art... yeah...

aggiegwyn

The way I type is a lot more planned out than when I talk. When I talk, I almost always stop in midsentence when realizing something or being distracted. Also, I am a lot meaner in person. As my English teacher stated "...brutally honest...".

The few friends I do happen to have I am pretty loyal too. Also, I'm a lot more perverted in speech(not in action). That is mainly due to good ol' forum rules.

YOS- i often make stupid mistakes while reading and im varying depending who is using this account. mostly ill go for the offensive when i get the chance.

IRL- one of the most annoying person you will meet (if your family even worse)
im rather shy around people in my school just because i want to be accepted. but to people i know im kind and understanding and quite freindly

BTW im giratina

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
The way I type is a lot more planned out than when I talk. When I talk, I almost always stop in midsentence when realizing something or being distracted. Also, I am a lot meaner in person. As my English teacher stated "...brutally honest...".

The few friends I do happen to have I am pretty loyal too. Also, I'm a lot more perverted in speech(not in action). That is mainly due to good ol' forum rules.

I'm exactly the same way... Except IRL no one gets my jokes. T.T

Just like on the internet, it varies for me. I can be obscene one minute(although I don't let that side out on forums that often for obvious reasons) and rather proper the next. I can be shy, and outgoing, shallow and deep, concrete one moment, a dumb*** the next. :3

Fawomp

Floppaloppagus!
Well when i am online i may seem un real, energetic and somewhat arrogant, but the cool think is when im offline im 10 times worse =)

Chris

Old Coot
I'm pretty much the same online as I am in person. Probably the only difference is it's easier for me to express myself online. In person, I tend to keep to myself a little more. Only around people I trust will I be as open as I usually am.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Im mostly the same, but when taking part in disscussions online, I tend to make smarter posts, mainly because the people here are for the most part, alot smarter then the people at my school who only care about getting laid or high ect. Theres really no social stupidity here so I can take my time with what I say or do. I'm also more of a badass irl, but only to keep up my repututation as the "funny guy". I'd much rather keep to myself, but socity doesn't let me do that.

Teshub

Banned
I'm more obscene in real life, if you can believe that. The Pentagon and Israel tracks your azz online.