1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion of making marijuana legal

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by JamestheFreak, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamestheFreak

JamestheFreak FIRING MAH LAZOR!!!

Whats your thoughts of the plant? do you think they should make it legal? I would like to have it legal since it never killed someone and that it isn't harmful like drugs. Also people are not so violent when your high unlike people who drink. so what do you think? (sorry if there was already a thread i didn't see one)

2. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

It's a brilliant idea! Let's let more drugs into the world and have a ball!

3. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

Nope, it should only be used for medicinal puposes.

It'd be great if there weren't any non-medicinal drugs. But it's hard to get it out of society. Especially tabacco and alcohol.

Yes it's true it's one of the "more healthy" drugs. But you get high and can do things that'll kill you or others while you're under influence, just like that friend of my sis who wanted to play a game, run as fast as you can over the train's rails. He's dead now.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  4. JamestheFreak

JamestheFreak FIRING MAH LAZOR!!!

it's not a drug really because its from nature and does grow from a plant, hell i smoke it myself and it makes things better especially in stressful situations

nature = good
    man made = bad

5. Drake Pokétrainer

Well, the stuff that makes you high is actually a poison to scare away the animals, so that they won't eat the plant -_-'.

And yes it's a drug, just a natural one. I know it doesn't harm the body that much and isn't really dangerous in small doses. But it's when people get really stoned that they'll do dangerous things.

Even if it would be allowed in small doses, there would always be morons who abuse it. And it'll be easier for them as they could get it legally.

6. BynineB

Mushrooms are from nature, too, but you don't eat them.

F*ck, poison ivy is from nature, but you don't eat that..

7. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

I don't see why Marajuna is used for "medical purposes" anyway.

It doesn't even benifit the human body in any way.

Marajuna should be illegal like any other drug.

8. Imaginary Friend

Imaginary Friend The Galaxist

I think it should be legalised.
    As long as you don't harm anyone else while using it, it should be fine.
    But not if you're going to get high and then go driving.

9. Drake Pokétrainer

When people are high, most of them aren't aware of what they're doing, so yeah they WOULD drive a car.

Why do you think drunk people drive a car? They don't say "hey let's drive and smash ourselves into another car and kill everyone incluiding ourselves".

10. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

LEGALIZE.
    aha. Marijuana shouldn't even be considered a drug. Be real now. The only reason it's still illegal, is because of the money they make from charging people. And also the fact that there's still quite a bit of "OMG WEED IS THE DEVIL!" people around.

Honestly. Yes, weed is a drug. But the fact that people would rather smoke weed than cigarettes tell you something. Weed isn't addicting. It's psychological ..and you'll want to smoke when you think about it. But it's nothing like all these other drugs, where you actually get withdrawl from not having it. You won't shoot somebody if you don't got your weed.

I get high every day/other day. And I'm not addicted. I love smoking it, of course. But I can live without it. I don't go into deep depressions and withdrawls when I'm not smoking.

The fact that you can function pretty well high too, tells you something. When is a time when you hear about a car accident happening because somebody was high? I mean ..when you're BLAZED, you should not do anything that requires that kind of stuff. But when you're just a little high, you can easily drive a car. I'm not telling people "OH GET HIGH AND DRIVE!" I'm just saying, it's not like being drunk ..at all. You're able to function and know what's going on when you're high.

I'm able to work high, and do most things high.

Marijuana is so harmless. Seriously. The smoking part (lungs, tar, all that ****) is bad for your health of course. But honestly, what more harm is it doing to us than all these other things in the world?

11. Imaginary Friend

Why haven't they banned alcohol then? Seeing as how when you're drunk you go on a reckless joy ride.

12. BynineB

I'd like to know; what's so great about being high?

Not being condesending now, I've never experienced it, so..

13. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

You won't know until you actually experience it.

I, myself, love it, because it makes you feel so calm and chill ..but also makes you laugh at anything more than usual. When you're with people, you'll talk about the most random stuff, and it's just all fun.

It basically just takes the pain out of life for a bit. You're able to feel at ease, even if you're having a rough time at the moment.

OH AND. Marijuana and alcohol are NOTHING alike. Alcohol makes you think that "OH I'M FINE! I'M GONNA DRIVE! I'M FINE. I need to move and party!"
    Weed ...when you're high ...you just want to sit or lay where you're at. You don't want to get up and go out.
    honestly, when I'm alone high ..I'll usually just fall to sleep.

14. pocketmunster

pocketmunster munster in my pocket

Your a moron. Its used to stimulate appitite and its used as a pain killer with non addicttive properties. Cancer patients have to take really addictive opiates that give them terrible withdrawal symptoms. So dont talk sh** if you have no idea what you talking about. Do a little research.
    You obviously never been high. You are FULLY aware of your surroundings. Just because your friends are immature morons dosent mean that weed should be illegal. Drugs can be used in a safe way and the majority of the time weed, alcohol and tobbacco are used responsibly. That why not every sigle person you know isnt dead from just getting high or drunk.

You have a right as a human being to alter YOUR conciousness and your not a criminal if you do so responsibly. Save the jails for rapiest and murderers.

15. Drake Pokétrainer

Imagine how the people would react if they banned alcohol tomorrow.
    It's been in society for millenia, even the ancient Egyptians made it.

And the government gets a lot of money from the taxes.

Well, my right lung is almost completely ruined, so no I didn't ever smoke anything. I can barely breathe if someone smokes near me.

16. Imaginary Friend

So it's okay to keep something that's harmful legal because we're used to it?

17. BynineB

Well then why the eff is it banned?

18. Mandi.

Mandi. 3:

And something nice to think about.

Did hippies ever have war or fought?
    Nope, and you know why?
    Because they were fricken high 24/7.
    Weed = peace.
    yes yes. :]
    mwha.

I mentioned that in my first post, dear.

19. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

Yes, make it legal. It's safer than alcohol. And alcohol and tobacco are legal. This whole "War on Drugs" has been a complete and total failure. Do people not realize HOW idiotic it is to put someone in jail for possession of marijuana or for simply smoking a joint? It's idiotic. My family's tax money should not be going to jail to fund people who simply smoked a joint and got high. It would free up our jails quite a bit, if you ask me. Two, it would bring in some economic revenue. Yes, I know, there will still be people who want it for free, but there are plenty of people who would pay for it as long as it is not overly taxed.

20. pocketmunster

pocketmunster munster in my pocket

I dont see what that has to do with anything. Dont smoke or go to bars then. You do realize you dont have to smoke weed right?
    Of course, people will justify anything to deamonize something they know nothing about.

Racism pure and simple. Look it up instead of just accepting it.
    Dude, the egyptians smoked ganja too! It goes back in human history probabley further than alcohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.