1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on Emboar

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Emboar_Rulez, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I forgot how op choice scarf Emboar can be with reckless and max speed ivs a total monster!

Leonhart likes this.
  2. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Emboar is personally my least fave of the Unova starters, but I don’t think it’s ugly or terrible. It’s still a nice hard-hitting physical attacker with some nice TM and Move Tutor coverage. It’s just because it happened to be the third consecutive Fire/Fighting starter that I think caused all the hate it generated. I don’t see Emboar being hated on much these days which shows many have gotten over it.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. Emboar_Rulez

I don’t see Serperier or Samurott able to take down Mega Rayquazzas!

4. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

I would probably agree with that statement. We had 3 straight Fire/Fighting types, so how does Emboar differentiate from Blaziken and Infernape? Blaziken was probably the best because of it's access to a mega evolution, and it has a clear role. Given how much speed played a part of the metagame, Emboar's lack of speed really hurt it even though it hit a little harder.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. Emboar_Rulez

Which is why you use choice scarf Emboar with max speed ivs