• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
So a lot of people seem to hate Emboar due to him being the third firefighter starter and being “the worst one” I personally really like him and even use him competitively what’s your guys opinion on him?

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I think it can be quite useful, learning a wide range of moves, including attacks that are super-effective against Water-types such as SolarBeam or Wild Charge (not too sure about that one). In B2W2 I OHKOed Black/White Kyurem with a Fighting move plus a critical hit so I don't think it's "the worst one".

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
FINALLY someone else appreciates Emboar where have you been all this time? I think people still have mixed feelings on him.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
How to use Emboar

Step 1.Give him the are reckless ability and a focus sash

Step2.Give him moves like bulk up,Head smash,Flare blitz,and wild charge

Step3.Pit him up against a Mega Rayquazza

step4.watch him survive with 1 hp and ko Rayquazza only to die to recoil damage

step5 don’t listen to people who say Emboar sucks

step6 Enjoy your new fire pig

Last edited:

SwordDude

If I'm purely looking at the looks not skills or how viable the starters where.

Gen 5 wasnt the best with starters but i liked samurot and serperior's design those are pretty decent emboar was kinda a turn off for me it's definitely one of the top contenders of ugly pokemon of all time in my opinion.

tepig was a good design but those 2 evolutions :eek:

oshawott and dewot the water pre stages of gen 5 where kinda rough samurott was a blessing for that line.

grass won first place for gen 5 all designs where good and the water line at least ended well with the final stage evolution samurott being decent.

blaziken and infernape looked a hell lot better for fire type starters actually all fire type starters did heck i would even say that delphox looked a hell lot better than emboar and that one was rough aswell.

blaziken is one of the better looking pokemon in general in my opinion all gen 3 starters where.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I quite liked it. I thought it was very interesting that a Fire type could learn Scald which was a Water type attack. It makes sense but it is rather surprising that the only other Fire type Pokémon to learn Scald is Volcanion. You’d think Arceus would be able to as well but nope! Only Emboar and Volcanion can.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
If I'm purely looking at the looks not skills or how viable the starters where.

Gen 5 wasnt the best with starters but i liked samurot and serperior's design those are pretty decent emboar was kinda a turn off for me it's definitely one of the top contenders of ugly pokemon of all time in my opinion.

tepig was a good design but those 2 evolutions :eek:

oshawott and dewot the water pre stages of gen 5 where kinda rough samurott was a blessing for that line.

grass won first place for gen 5 all designs where good and the water line at least ended well with the final stage evolution samurott being decent.

blaziken and infernape looked a hell lot better for fire type starters actually all fire type starters did heck i would even say that delphox looked a hell lot better than emboar and that one was rough aswell.

blaziken is one of the better looking pokemon in general in my opinion all gen 3 starters where.

Thank you for politely declaring your hatred for tepig evolutions.Most people just straight up say he sucks,

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
It's not my favourite Fire starter, but I don't hate it. I honestly think people underestimate Emboar; it can hit seriously hard with Reckless and it's not even close to being one of the worst starters in that regard. But in terms of aesthetics, that's subjective and unfortunately sad it's not that popular (But I can see what people would not like it), but again, I don't hate it, never did.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Looking back they maybe should've had it stay on four legs and maybe make it fire ground with drought or some other ability to cover its 4x water weakness.

Mysteryguy

Rainbow Trainer
Despite it being disappointing for being the same typing as Blaziken and Infernape, not being as good as them and being pretty weird design-wise, he was still for me the most useful starter in Unova. I like Serperior and Samurott better as designs, but Emboar's offensive typing and high attack made him much better for me ingame than the other two. Considering the generally high base stats of gen 5 pokemon, Serperior and Samurott (less so though) were not impressive enough in their offense and their mono-typings didn't help either.

So at least Emboar has that going for it. But I don't hate Emboar anyway. Still probably my least favorite fire-starter (although Delphox is close and I find it hard to make up my mind about Cinderace design-wise).

DaddyOak

871.gif

I absolutely love gen 5 but this pokemon was a mistake by gamefreak.

ingame excluding competitive you can use any starter it's not an issue at all wich starter you use. seperior and samurott where perfectly fine on hard mode black & white 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.