• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion On The Hardest Colosseum

Hardest Colosseum?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emporar

Rocket rules.
Sunset. It was seriously annoying and they give you useless pokemon.

pokemaster001

if I can't play with pokemon I trained then I can't play
sunset uses pokemon with THE WORST moves ever...they have like tackle on lvl. 50s or something, and they're not mine!!

Typhlosion001

sunset and neon were brutal because of their rules. Giving up my tyranitar for a beedrill just isn't fair

Sunset was the worst for me. My opponent and I would pick the exact same team and yet he'd always be the first to strike or his moves seemed to be more powerful than mine...with the same pokemon.

Neon wasn't much of a problem for me, mainly because I had good timing and picked most of my team. I still haven't finished Stargazer, then again, I haven't touched PBR in quite some time.

Polar Star

Huzzah!
Neon or Sunset. It's a tie.

Firebrand

Indomitable
i think that like you, it's neon, but those master sets are really tough.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Stargazer once completed

You know with some colosseums once you completed Stargazer you battle 'em again? Well, that's what happened with stargazer. And who's the boss? THE BOSS O' GATEWAY!!!! And don't think for a second he has gateway's pokemon! OH no, he has ones that are 5 TIMES as hard as Gateway. He tore my team apart 15 TIMES (GASP!) before I beat him.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I chose Stargazer coloseum because you pretty much have to resort to using all ubers or mostly ubers for the final battle. I have still defeated him a few times, but I can't beat him 100% of the time.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Discounting the Master Round in Stargazer, I'd say Neon. It was very fun battling the leader when she'd got all my good Pokémon and left me with her team.

(I've got the hang of the wheel since then, but yeah)

JDavidC

You know with some colosseums once you completed Stargazer you battle 'em again? Well, that's what happened with stargazer. And who's the boss? THE BOSS O' GATEWAY!!!! And don't think for a second he has gateway's pokemon! OH no, he has ones that are 5 TIMES as hard as Gateway. He tore my team apart 15 TIMES (GASP!) before I beat him.
Be warned, Masters Battle gets a LOT harder than Joe. Go all out on IV breeding and EV training for your pokemon on your DS game(s) before you come here. On sets 4 and 8, I'd strongly recommend packing well trained OU/Uber pokemon for your first attempts at them. Even with Ubers, you need to know how to use them to get past just the regular trainers in there, never mind the colosseum masters.

As for Sunset Colosseum, the movesets get better as you rank up (thankfully). Rank 8 Lvl 50 All battles actually have legendaries/ubers with fairly decent movesets. There's still the trouble of luck if you and your opponent pick the same pokemon (I'm reminded of Dusty for some reason).

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Stargazer's master battle and sunset are tied for me. I can easilly get through Stargazer with my Ubers (they are hacked just for single player mode). I hate sunset's mode D:

Arthurmeg

hey....... I think colosseum is an "educational shooter" that puts you in the middle of the gladiatorial bloodsport of Ancient Rome. You play the role of Gluteus, a thief who finds himself on the wrong side of the emperor.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
neon is glowing evil, getting metapod for flygon, really ticked me off, yet I won with that metapod, metapod vs. magikarp for the last 2 pokemon.

Sunset by far. Gargahgagr. The pokemon they give you are crap, the leader always gets the best. I still havn't beat it :|

I was alright with Neon. I asked my friend to fire the things and she got my pokemon and easy PWNAGE

Sunset for me. You can't use your own team plus the choices you get are never really good even at max rank.

And wow at all the Stargazer trouble. I just use theme teams(trick room, weather effects, gravity, etc.) and you can end every match with at least 3 out of your 4 pokemon still left.

JDavidC

Neon Colosseum isn't too much trouble for me. You need to get good at aiming at the pokemon wheel (if you want to do Survival Battle, you REALLY need to be good at it), and then using the following trick. Put 1 good pokemon on your battle pass, and 5 lvl 1 magikarps/combees or something. When picking pokemon on the battle wheel, get your good pokemon first, and then pick up the enemy trainer's pokemon. Hopefully they'll pick up your level 1 pokemon (even if they get set to lvl 50, they'll still make your opponent lose if you know what you're doing), while you get their pokemon and trounce your opponent's team. The last thing you want to do at Neon Colosseum is to pack loads of ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.