• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion On The Hardest Colosseum

Hardest Colosseum?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughh...Sunset...even when I picked Dustys team, he was STILL able to beat me...after 3-4 more trys to beat him, I'm like, "I hope to never go there again..."

mas

Neon because of stupid wheel. DX
Still didn't finish it.

Stargazer is actually really easy.... but Sunset's Pokemon are like specs of dust

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Sunset and Neon Colosseum are the hardest before beating the game, but not in the sense that the trainers or the Pokemon are hard. In Neon Colosseum, you're pretty much dead if you get all of the other trainers Pokemon since all their moves suck, and in Sunset, there is nothing but these particular Pokemon.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
There was only 1 colosseum that was hard and that was Neon colosseuum all because of that stupid wheel. About 95% of the time, my team would be made up of the opponent's pokemon and they have horrible moves compared to mine.

Example:
Chimchar - Fire Spin, Scratch, Encore, Fake Out
Haunter - Hypnosis, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Curse

Haunter was from my team while Chimchar was from my opponent and we wound up swapping them.

Now whenever I go into Neon Colosseum with bad pokemon, of course i get all my own pokemon. :mad:

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
Neon, all thanks to the Wheel of Misfortune as I hate Luck based things.

Also Sunset is rather annoying as you really have to carefully look at all the pokemon and all their moves and hope you pick the right ones to go againt the opponets.

Also Stargazer, Master Round 8 is just Ugh with that Choice Scarf Kyogre. I had to put together a Choice Scarf Zapdos to get rid of that. It took more more times to get though Set 8 of the Master Battle than any other colosseum, with the possible expection of the Neon Colosseum.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
Neon, I hate the wheel mis/fortune. I always get the weak pokemon. :(

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Sunset is an obnoxious concept, you are really not offered the materials for any strategy (or thing you could call a team for that matter) except for type- trumping and loads of wasted time on toxic stall. Not to mention the only way to counter that Forretress that keeps popping up is to use Castform's Sunny Weather Ball, and after you manage to set that up Forrey has already Double Teamed twice and toxics you to death. Trust me I've run into this and similar situations too many times.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Strangely enough, I find Gateway Colosseum the hardest (even harder than Stargazer O_O). Once you reach the higher ranks, it's nearly impossible to get past some of the opponents unless you have a team of decent rental Pokemon.

Last edited:

bacon7

trainer
sunset I hate how they give me nidorans and crap.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Sunset.
I have the guide, and it was no help. I often wondered if the people who put it together ever played the game, or only did it in theory. Their mix-up on what sturdy does convinced me of that.

Neon was actually rather easy. Hold your pokeball at the 10 o'clock position, and click when it passes through the 6 o'clock position.

Wolgon

Crazy Crocodile Lady
Sunset, hands down. At least with Neon you can learn to drop your ball at the right time through practice, but with Sunset there's absolutely no skill involved, only luck. If your opponent picks decent pokemon, or if they manage to inflict status on your pokemon, that's it. You're dead.

That nightmare of a coliseum is the main reason I haven't started a new challenge (My current one is from a Diamond save I got rid of like a year and a half ago.). I don't wanna have to beat the damn thing again.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
3rd playthrough for my hg, i swept every colloseum, but neon and sunset suck until you reach high ranks. i once could use a dialga against dusty; biggest mistake i made, since he had a blaziken. stargazer's masters battle set 8 was the worst. still can't beat it. my uber team is less effective there. the sunny day team murdered me, thanks to cherrim, whom i laughed at until i saw groudon. luckily, i can handle a rain dance team easier with my hg.

rman7580

NORMAL club member
1. Neon. I eventually beat it and got the costume but you won't believe How many times my own pokemon took me out.
2. Stargazer masters 8th set
Mysterial's sun team was extremely difficult to beat. I eventually lucked out with my :302: ko his :483: with sheer cold, then my :484: and :302: pretty much dominated his :150:.

rman7580

NORMAL club member
1. Neon. I eventually beat it and got the costume but you won't believe How many times my own pokemon took me out.
2. Stargazer masters 8th set
Mysterial's sun team was extremely difficult to beat. I eventually lucked out with my :302: ko his :483: with sheer cold, then my :484: and :302: pretty much dominated his :150:.

Status
Not open for further replies.