• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your opinion on the music: better or worse than HG and SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Okay this for those of you who like the music from the originals, Pokemon Gold and Silver. If you did, post your favorite song, why you like it, blah,blah. But also, you can put if you like it BETTER than HG and SS. Or if you think not, or whatever. This goes for ALL the songs in the games.
Discuss.

Mooites

I absolutely adore the original Gold and Silver music. It was simple and charming. HeartGold has been really fun so far, but my original Gold is the one that I have a place for in my heart :)

Yamimori

Shadow's Reflection
Maybe it's because I'm from the generation of the original Pokemon gamers, but I prefer the original much better~
Can't wait to get the radio card to switch the music =D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Of course I prefer the originals. Although I think GameFreak did a good job with the remixed versions, they don't stand up to the original tracks. And I do know people will source the GB Sounds as being able to play original GSC 8-bit tracks. However, if you listen closely, you'll notice that they've been tampered with and several sounds/instruments are missing and some sounds/instruments were added so they are not original tracks.

Like those who have posted before me, I like the HG/SS versions of the songs, but generally prefer the original music. However, the only song I didn't like from G/S/C was the "Ilex Forest/Union Cave/Whirl Islands/Mt. Mortar/any place I haven't listed that uses this song" music, probably because it was so common and it got old really fast (for me at least). I really love the HG/SS remix though, because they gave it a creepy and almost mysterious sound.

As for my favorite songs, in G/S/C it would probably be the Dark Cave music and in HG/SS (aside from the song I mentioned in the paragraph) it would probably be a tie between Raikou's battle music and the Rival's battle music.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
HGSS has better music, but songs from GYM and DARK CAVE are better in original, i think

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I like both equally. They did a very good job remaking the classic tracks.

But of course the original tracks are more breathtaking because of nostalgia. I'm still more than satisfied with the HG/SS music though.

cieux

banned
i like the originals more... except for route 30's original. the hgss remix is just as good. i love it. oh, i also like the remixed ecruteak music just as much, as well as the champion music and... i love the fuschia city remix but there was no original for that, right?

tom_tom

Dunsparce
Better, even though the music is almost exactly the same.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Orginals

I defientaly prefer the orginals. Some of the new remixes were ok, but orginal souned much better. So glad you can turn back on the orginal sounds!

Raymie

I have a metal cage trap memory...and the first thing I noticed is that Goldenrod was missing two notes. NOT good.

On another note, is the Global Terminal music really a remix of the Japanese PokéCom Center? Or is that only in Japan?

On another note, is the Global Terminal music really a remix of the Japanese PokéCom Center? Or is that only in Japan?

From what I've heard, the Pokemon Communication Center's music is either the same as or a remix of the regular Pokemon center music from G/S/C. The Global Terminal music in HG/SS is the same as in Platinum, and I doubt it's any different in the Japanese version, because I can't find music or anything that would suggest it.

I don't think the two songs are related. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.