• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion: Will Ash ever be romantically involved with someone?

Will Ash ever be paired?

• Absolutely, For sure!

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • No way.

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 83 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think so, simply based on the fact that he's 10 and never ages. I am aware that there are tons of hinty episodes at Ash hooking up with Misty, May, Dawn, etc. in the future.

But my personal opinion is no. It's a very kid-friendly anime, with Ash as a very kid-friendly character. Plus, if he were to get with someone, all of the other shippers out there would be discouraged.

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
I think it might be worth noting that in Japan, the anime airs during prime time "family time" not in the mornings like in America. The family gathers around the set and watches together, yes it is for children but especially the un dubbed versions have many more mature themes.

Even with that being said, the point does still stand -- Ash doesn't appear to be aging at all and maybe slightly maturing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe in the last season.
I don't see him getting with anyone now unless he starts to return Serena's feelings.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
I've been waiting for a thread like this.
The answer really depends on the writers' intention with the current Serena crush subplot. If the writers decided not to let Serena break Ash's idiot bubble, I think one could safely say no one will ever be able to. At this point, however, I would have to say maybe, ONLY because of the heavy emphasis on Serena's crush.

In regards to the target audience, I really don't think it's a problem. More and more I see boys and girls outside younger than 10 holding hands. Absolutely this wouldn't have been the case ten or even five years ago, but time change.

To the people claiming Ash isn't dense, he just doesn't focus on it, I encourage you to watch BW029. I promise you'll rethink after watching it.

IF Amourshipping (or any other ship for that matter) does become two-sided canon, I can all but guarantee that: either:
a) This will be the last season of the Pokemon anime [Which follows Ash's journey, anyways]
b) The ship isn't officially canonized (is that even a word?) until the last episode of the arc, and the female of Ash's affections will accompany him to the next region.

IF Amourshipping does NOT become two-sided canon, I can assure that Romance in the Pokemon anime will never evolve past one-sided.
*cough* In my opinion, anyways.

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
I have to agree with you there. I think if it doesn't happen this story arc, it may not ever happen.

Perhaps if we have a special someday they will dabble into a relationship but if Ash does not develop feelings for Serena, I think it's hopeless.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I have to agree with you there. I think if it doesn't happen this story arc, it may not ever happen.

Perhaps if we have a special someday they will dabble into a relationship but if Ash does not develop feelings for Serena, I think it's hopeless.

I dunno, I think maybe he has his own feelings but is completely unable to recognize other people's. So I don't think it's completely hopeless if nothing happens with Serena.

Miltank+ Dragonite=evil

You'll never know!
I always like the idea of a final episode that shows the psychic gym leader in Kanto (Sabrina?) look into Ash's future and see him and dawn get married and have kids. I doubt it will happen but we'll see.

majormanafemale

In my opinion yes with Misty off screen. No matter what we probably won't get lot of that on screen. It's the nature of the show.

Do you ever feel this thread is soon going to turn into a fanwar battleground after a few more pages? Good thing we have admins to shut it down if it does, phew.

Anyways, I hope Ash DOES get paired with someone, I don't really care who, but we're seeming to eerily close with XY.

Last edited:

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
I do believe it is up for debate and both sides have a good argument.

I'll delete the dang thread if it gets into shipping wars trust me. In fact I am going to make sure I edit the original post.

Just a reminder to respect everyone's wishes guys. :) think of it as being happy for Ash if he DOES get into a relationship.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I do believe it is up for debate and both sides have a good argument.

I'll delete the dang thread if it gets into shipping wars trust me. In fact I am going to make sure I edit the original post.

Just a reminder to respect everyone's wishes guys. :) think of it as being happy for Ash if he DOES get into a relationship.

It's been fine so far. As for me, there's no way I could be happy if Ash ended up with anyone other than Misty. I mean, I don't disparage other shippers, but I'm too emotionally invested in Pokeshipping; I'd take it hard if it were nullified. I wonder whether some ships tend to have more obsessive shippers... Well, Pokeshippers these days probably tend to be the obsessive types, but that's because you'd kind of have to be to hang onto it for this long.

Jrzfine

Dennis the Menace
I think the majority of people here would be fine with ANY ship, if I'm being honest. Who doesn't want to see Ash get his blush on?

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I think the majority of people here would be fine with ANY ship, if I'm being honest. Who doesn't want to see Ash get his blush on?

To be honest I'd be happy with any pairing, I 'm a fan of character progression and with how little Ash has changed I'd love to see such a big step.

I wouldn't mind Ash getting paired with anyone seeing as that's better than what I'm expecting is going to happen to him: he'll end up never getting with anyone, and stay in love with his stomach and his journey (as well as Pikachu) for all time.

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
As I look at the current trend floating along XY, my views have since shifted more toward the "no" end of the spectrum. There is still a lot of the series to go, but I really see almost no hints from Ash..IMO nothing significant at all.

To me this is a sign...for now. I know it is temporary but I thought I would update everyone on my current opinion. If Ash shows more interest, maybe this will change.

Never as long as we have pokemon generations he will be cursed to roam the entire planet trying to win a league with {insert extra characters here}

BlueDragonfangirl

Never as long as we have pokemon generations he will be cursed to roam the entire planet trying to win a league with {insert extra characters here}

For any one who loves to travel that'd be a blessingXD

I don't even know if by the end of the series hey'll end up with anyone, Pokemon people probably see how popular his pairings are , I've seen shows like Avatar the last Airbender, the fandom went nuts when Katara x Zuko didn't happen. I'd to see what would happen in the Pokemon fandom if any Ash pairing became canon.

All I can see is them giving Ash a kid to travel around the world and wanting to be the next Pokemon Master with mixes of the girls he traveled with to leave us guessing LOL.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
For any one who loves to travel that'd be a blessingXD

I don't even know if by the end of the series hey'll end up with anyone, Pokemon people probably see how popular his pairings are , I've seen shows like Avatar the last Airbender, the fandom went nuts when Katara x Zuko didn't happen. I'd to see what would happen in the Pokemon fandom if any Ash pairing became canon.

All I can see is them giving Ash a kid to travel around the world and wanting to be the next Pokemon Master with mixes of the girls he traveled with to leave us guessing LOL.

Oh dear Arceus...that was a dark time with those fangirls. The same will happen if pokemon pulls it off. If pokemon is to ever end (really doubt it, probably when most of us are parents and have kids), I can see the anime have Ash end up with someone who never showed up in the anime. Or the anime can make her identity ambiguous and have the fans spend the next few years debating on who she is.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh dear Arceus...that was a dark time with those fangirls. The same will happen if pokemon pulls it off. If pokemon is to ever end (really doubt it, probably when most of us are parents and have kids), I can see the anime have Ash end up with someone who never showed up in the anime. Or the anime can make her identity ambiguous and have the fans spend the next few years debating on who she is.

Aha, the former would at least end all shipping wars. We'd all hate that random character. The latter would be a blood bath, though.

Jfloydian

Ash <3 Misty
I would rather have Ash end up with someone who is "unnamed" than a specific character. After all is said and done I have to admit that Ash being officially paired with any specific person would cause a LOT of backlash. Like I said, I can't see it happening anymore with the current trend we are seeing with a Serena not...standing out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.