• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion: Will Ash ever be romantically involved with someone?

Will Ash ever be paired?

• Absolutely, For sure!

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • No way.

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 83 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CpnTrevor

Much as I would like it, I can't see it happening. It would limit the characters and fanbase, and I predict a hate war between shippers of other kinds.

chalkus

The anime will continue to toy with the emotions of shippers like they are doing now with Serena. They have no reason to stop it.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Much as I would like it, I can't see it happening. It would limit the characters and fanbase, and I predict a hate war between shippers of other kinds.

Honestly, I don't think they'd care if there was a hate war. And if it were the last episode, it wouldn't matter how it affected the fanbase since they wouldn't be worried about ratings anymore... I think.

PokeShipper4Lyfe

I doubt the writers will make romance a theme of the show, however I do think there will be canon-ish Ash shippings down the road, to appease us older people.

Maybe they'll make it a very minor subplot, with an episode here and there about Ash and his girl for a little bit.

I'm not an AmourShipper myself, but things are certainly looking up for them... maybe Serena will be the one to steal Ash's heart. If not Serena, then either Misty or some other girl down the road.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Possibly, and it'll be Amourshipping that gets the title of the first Ash ship if it happens.

I say "first", because the way things are looking now, I'm kind of expecting Serena to confess to Ash some time in the middle of the saga, with Ash actually reciprocating, but then after trying to make it work, Ash's primary focus of becoming a Pokemon Master eventually wins over, and Ash and Serena call it off on good terms, with the latter going off to try and make something of herself before anything else. They break it off in terms that could imply a possible make-up, Serena leaves just in time for Gen 7 to start, ship chances all around go back to being equal, show ends with no confirmed pairing, everyone can lash out in the aftermath. <3

I don't know how feasible my expectations are, but Serena's crush is being shown too blatantly, too fast for me to think this will simply be something that will be resolved at the final episodes, and there's the matter of it being "XY, anything can happen" and all. Plus, having a confirmed ship for a while opens up new avenues of character development for the two of them, especially if it ends with a mutual breakup. Ash learns there's more to life than training Pokemon, though that shouldn't take a backseat either, Serena learns to be more confident in what she wants to do for herself first, rather than be just "Ash's girlfriend" and little else, it helps out the both of them.

Last edited:

zhixun

I think it is possible for this to happen. Probably it is going to be a few more years later, when the voice actor ceases to act for Satoshi. It is not usual for a character to change a voice actor in Japan unless for very special reasons.

For my choice I will go for Serena. Basically because I am a SatoSere fan and also they have known each other for a long time, even longer than that of Kasumi. Therefore this pair is the best choice amongst all shipping that is related to Satoshi in my opinion.

Like I said, he's going to get married to his never-ending journey, and maybe even to his Pikachu, possibly...oh sorry, I forgot his stomach.

Last edited:

zhixun

Like I said, he's going to get married to his never-ending journey, and maybe even to his Pikachu, possibly...oh sorry, I forgot his stomach.

He will end some day in my opinion. When the Japanese voice actor cease for acting Satoshi. But not in the near future I guess.

SaitohYatate

In my opinion, the writers seem to be putting some effort into Serena's crush towards Ash. And to her credit, it's not some case of blind idolizing; she knows that Ash isn't the smartest person in the planet, but his kindness and love for Pokemon are the qualities that move her. It's been 30 out of probably 160 episodes so far, and whatever the case, the writers must have made Serena have a crush on him for a reason other than pulling in more audience. Otherwise, they might as well sweep the whole thing under a rug and leave the two as just friends out of the blue.

Either way, I always saw Ash as a more kid-friendly version of Adol from the "Ys" video games, they both love traveling, save humanity in whatever new region they go to, have lots of "girlfriends" fall for them everywhere they go, and they both don't give much of a damn about it.

Anyway, I always thought that if the series was going to end, it would probably be with Ash finally winning a league, and saying farewell to the audience by pulling a Ryu and have the narrator closing with the typical monologue in the lines of "as long as people keep dreaming...." blah, blah, blah. Either way, if Ash is going to end up with someone, it is probably only going to be implied or slightly hinted.

Last edited:

Iris meme

Well I don't think so since
A) ash will be 10 forever :/
B) he is dense as hell
C) he's only true is food and pokemon
D) TV Tokyo is probably scare that they will start some shipping war :p

But i really don't mind if a shipping become canon (especial if it's for Brock he need girl... Back on topic ) plus it will be odd seeing two ten year old kiss. But that just my otp.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
I personally don't care who he ends up with. But if my Ash OTP (Advance, of course) doesn't become canon, I can still dream! And I am also part PearlShipper, NegaiShipper, and AmourShipper. If Ash ends up with either Dawn, Iris, or Serena, I'll be fine with it.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
for me it depends, like bub chan said - ash is not the type who is good at romance, though the probablilty of seeing one is maybe after he successfully wins the pokemon league coz that will mean he is already fully developed to himself and he's ready to take a different kind of decision ( maybe a confession)

DarkTitan837

I, uh...I voted "maybe" thinking we were talking about the actual future for Ash (off-screen). If we're going by canon, then no, I don't think so.

Ash don't understand romance, i ship Advance, Poké and Negai for Ash, but i think that none of this shippings will become canon
Negai will happen, you'll see! You'll all see!

Moonlight Starlight

Ash don't understand romance, i ship Advance, Poké and Negai for Ash, but i think that none of this shippings will become canon

Will for me I pick "maybe" but it true what you say BubChan that how Ash doesn't understand romance which he is 10 years old concentrating whats most important is his goal dream becoming a pokemon master.I don't see him right now thinking about love for once.At least he is different from Brock.But one thing hit me about Ash during on Pokemon is how Boys like him and the other boys from other animes which you take who are the same like Ash in what certain way are dense,don't know about love, being innocent or do know how lucky they are that how many only the girls that that shown interest in that one boy.For me the only girls that I only truly see that shown a interest in Ash that fallen for him or have a crush on him are these certain girls Misty,Melody,Macy,Anabel,Angie and Serena.I say it would be cool only to have Anabel and Angie making another appearance again on Pokemon meeting Ash only those two.Which I'm still a Pokeshipper only.But the other like May ,Dawn and Iris I do see a single from them showing a crush or a blush on their faces showing a hint from them liking Ash.Some would only think of him as a brother type,close friend or best friend type.But I don't see any of them falling for Ash like for Dawn example she like the other way around just like Ash but in a different way a girl like her for example doesn't know how lucky she is that doesn't know how many only boys that show a interest in liking her having a crush on her or fallen for her and also hiding there emotion true feelings for her giving a cold stone look on there face(You know who I'm talking about hahahaha which he remind me of Ichinose Tokiya(Uta Prince no Sama) example giving the same cold look).Dawn does show how innocent she is not thinking about love only didn't see her blush she concentrating on being a pokemon coordinator just like how Ash is more concentrating on being a pokemon master.

If Dawn had her own series on Pokemon the other way around just like Ash is the main character and hero of the story that could happen to Dawn also since she is the most popular female character heroine and maiden that every one likes which it shows it would be just the same that Dawn is more thinking about her goal dream whats more important and not fallen in love for example.If they did one for her it will be just the same taking what boys that only show a interest in her that would act the girls that shown a interest in Ash.And also two characters like Kenny and Serena being childhood friends to the two different people who they have a crush on.

This remind of watching other anime how I see it from this Tenchi Muyo, Uta no Prince Sama,Brothers Conflict or don't know what else.But you see what I'm trying to make out here is that I don't know who Ash will end up with on Pokemon since he not the type in romance right now he just being himself thinking what more important right now his goal dream becoming a Pokemon Master I don't know will he will end up with it's just what anime I brought up thats just like the same thing what other people want to see who will Nanami Hrauka end up with who,or who will Tenchi Masaki end up with who ,and also who Ema Hinata end up with up.It's your pick or decision who you want to see Ash with at until the end of the series.It your choice but we may or he not may not end up with somebody the story comes to and end for him just like the other characters form animes who I mention.Just my opion of words what I'm trying to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.