• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion: Will Ash ever be romantically involved with someone?

Will Ash ever be paired?

• Absolutely, For sure!

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • No way.

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 83 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
Ash is more interested in Pokémon than romantic relationships (something he and I both have in common) and I like it that way. I like being able to watch something without there having to be some sort of romance because I really don't like it, not just because I don't quite understand it. And besides, it is designed for children so even if there were to be romance it would be childish and played for laughs, and probably wouldn't last long either. So both in and out of the show, I highly doubt there'd ever be serious romance.

Keysmash

buys meat
No. Besides Ash's character not fitting it, it'd really restrain the makers' ability to put in new female leads and such for new regions.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Haha..haha..oh wait you're serious, let me laugh even harder

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. Honestly, they've tried to give Ash a love interest with someone since Kanto. But they never do because it's for kids. I feel it's nothing more than teasing the older fanbase

Last edited:

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I voted for yes. I can honestly see him settling down with someone in the future. But in order for that to happen, he would to have grow up. He's still technically ten in the anime and I honestly doubt the thought of getting a girlfriend even crossed his mind. Plus, his main focus on the series is achieving his dream. If he did become a Pokemon master, the series would be over and maybe they would give him a love interest.

But as of right now, I can't see them exploring the shippings with Ash because as I said, he's still very young and he's dense as they get.

I think it's possible, but it probably won't happen for a long while, if it does.
I think because of the target audience of the show it's unlikely though, and if it does happen, it wouldn't be a big part of the show.

Fufuyurifan

GenVI Fangirl
I have to be honest and say no. I don't ship him with anyone in the first place (well I lie, I do ship him with Ckemont, but then again, they had such chemistry, and I just wasn't feeling anything for AmourShipping) but I think it's pretty clear that he's not interested in the first place. Everyone's his friend, and I doubt he'd suddenly start seeing any girl in a different way.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
If Ash didn't get with Dawn, he won't get with anyone.
What makes you so sure that Dawn is the only exception?

Anyways, I'm kinda over die hard shipping Ash with the main girls. I think the anime, after all these years, made it clear that Ash isn't getting any.

Shipping in pokemon (in my eyes) is just for fun. It's fun shipping Ash with Misty or May. It's not like it will happen or become canon, but who says we can't ship em just for the joy?

ChampionRed

I don't Ship Ash with anyone, and I highly doubt Ash will be paired up with anyone even until the end. Though if he was then it would most possibly be someone we don't even no or heck it could even be the playable female character Leaf/Blue from the Fire Red and Leaf Green games. I doubt it would be Serena because after XY is done and she gets her last cameo in the next region, you won't hear from her ever again, like Ash's other traveling companions except Misty who only gets mentioned which was years ago.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I highly doubt Ash will be paired up with anyone even until the end. Though if he was then it would most possibly be someone we don't even no or heck it could even be the playable female character Leaf/Blue from the Fire Red and Leaf Green games. I doubt it would be Serena because after XY is done and she gets her last cameo in the next region, you won't hear from her ever again, like Ash's other traveling companions except Misty who only gets mentioned which was years ago.

All the past companions of Ash's were mentioned in the last BW episode iirc.

Anyways I doubt Ash will even think about getting together with anyone, it's just not what this anime is about.

ChampionRed

All the past companions of Ash's were mentioned in the last BW episode iirc.

Anyways I doubt Ash will even think about getting together with anyone, it's just not what this anime is about.

They did? Well excuse me for my mistake. : P

Yeah Pokemon is not the kind of show for this. If you wanna watch anime similar to Pokemon with romance and stuff then there's always Digimon. Plus the Director and writers don't give a Muk of what the older fans such as myself want for a very long time.

Ayrafeneres

~Contest Master~
I agree with Dawn+Serena Fan. This anime isn't about romance. I really think they added potential romance to give the story more flavor and depth. You know, add to the plot line and all. No, Ash is as clueless as they come for romance. Serena, on the other hand, is so obvious only Ash wouldn't notice. I don't think anything like actual reciprocal romance will occur.

~Ayra~;267;

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
from what i see right now, ash doesn't fit to be the romantic type of guy to be paired with a female companion however maybe after he officially wins the league ( which pribably means his aim/goal has succeeded) , we might get to see a twist with him but remember chances are always at half whenever something like this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.