• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Opinion's on the Third Generation

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
R/S/E: Best Pokemon games ever. I love it all: the Pokemon, the region, the story, the Battle Frontier, the graphics, the mechanics, and all that. It was actually a good thing to lose time in my opinion.

FR/LG: Mediocre. I never actually finished these games without trading from a friend, actually.

Illuminai

Relaxed Trainer
R/S/E
I played Emrald and Ruby and they were both really fun^_^ I liked the battle tower in emrald, since it gave me something to do afterwards. The only things i Didnt like was all the water traveling, besides that, its definatly one of my favorites.
FR/LG
I didn't like LG as much as i liked Ruby, but it was still a good remake of red and blue. I liked it for the most parts, but it just seemed a little dull sometimes

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
The 3rd gen is my favorite after the 1st gen. It's because of the 3rd gen that I got back into Pokemon, I grew up with the firs gen then the 2nd gen came out & I wasn't impressed with the 2nd gen so I went away from Pokemon I didn't get any 2nd gen games, then the 3rd gen came out and when I saw it it was so cool I got dragged back into Pokemon. The 3rd gen had a lot of new things, more ghosts like Shedinja & Dusclops (my fave type), more dragons like Altaria & Flygon, more darks & metals, plus my fave pokemon of all time now Gardevoir. The new attacks where great, the weather thing was cool. I also like Hoen cause it's tropical which is what I like! I liked the 3rd gen a lot.
The 4th Gen have way too many new evolution forms for older pokemon so you're just catching same ol pokemon, but evolving them differently not all that exciting. The 3rd was almost all brand new pokemon line ups I hope the 5th gen has more brand new lineups.

Last edited:

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
I think the 3rd generation had the most effort put into it (excluding of course the 1st genration) as s many changes were many and I think that is rather commendable. Plus the Pokemon (even the ice types) are Pokemon you would expect to find in a tropical environment

lethal Xsanity

Although it Isn't my favorite,[ 2nd and !st ftw! :D ] 3rd gen is awesome, R/S/E have very good storyline's that are pretty long and pretty decent new Pokemon, The re-make's are amazing! what more can i say.

lansbury9

Music took a nose-dive after Eusine in Crystal, Elite Four seem way-too-emo, (<-League Theme...) the "rivals" were way useless compared to Blue, who actually was a Champion and Sootopolis is just creepy. If the more recent and R/S/E references are anything to go by, there are some odd rumors about the Hoenn Champion(S!!) staying at Hotel Grand Lake in Sinnoh, but oh look! A kid in Platinum obviously doesn't want Steven's villa and I know why... because if you look at the pattern in Wallace/Steven's room in the League, there's two colors: Pewter grey and Sootopolis blue... these two colors merge well...? And suit both of the Hoenn champions... It is these two, Steven and Wallace, that totally camped up the 3rd generation a lot. (Not very special AT all) The previous references in the more recent DS games (those are better, btw) show no sign of making these two "just" friends. And to think Emerald is getting a remake soon... At least Blaine and Fuji are (hopefully) not that way too, not to mention Candice and Maylene (<-should be a boy, and Birdo off Mario was bad enough.) Don't even get me started on Eusine.

The_Shuppeteer_

I LIEKZ SHUPPETZ
3rd generation was without a doubt my favorite. Besides introducing my favorite Pokemon--Shuppet obviously. The sprites were awesome, especially in Emerald. And the Battle Frontier was actually a challenge. Firered and Leafgreen were good too (in fact, when I play those games I'm almost always haunting the Sevii Isles), not as good as R/S/E but the elite four were actually a challenge (I still have trouble defeating them with a lvl. 78 Mewtwo, lvl. 100 Blastoise, lvl. 75 moltres, lvl. 69 Zapdos, and a lvl. 72 Swampert. Either they're really good or I'm really bad.)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Probably, the thing we can all agree on is that the 3rd Generation games had a pretty good storyline. I mean, in Gen 1 and Gen 2, there was hardly anything to do after you beat the Elite Four except complete the PokeDex and do the Battle Tower in Crystal. In Gen 3, you could do the Battle Tower, Battle Frontier, and Contests in RSE, and the Sevii Islands side quests and the Trainer Tower challenge in LGFR.

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
R/S/E: Ruby was my first pokemon game and I really enjoyed these games due to their great features

FR/LG: I really liked these games due to me never playing generation 1 games

In conclusion, generation 3 was enjoyable and entertaining

Saph

Rapscallion
Music took a nose-dive after Eusine in Crystal, Elite Four seem way-too-emo, (<-League Theme...) the "rivals" were way useless compared to Blue, who actually was a Champion and Sootopolis is just creepy. If the more recent and R/S/E references are anything to go by, there are some odd rumors about the Hoenn Champion(S!!) staying at Hotel Grand Lake in Sinnoh, but oh look! A kid in Platinum obviously doesn't want Steven's villa and I know why... because if you look at the pattern in Wallace/Steven's room in the League, there's two colors: Pewter grey and Sootopolis blue... these two colors merge well...? And suit both of the Hoenn champions... It is these two, Steven and Wallace, that totally camped up the 3rd generation a lot. (Not very special AT all) The previous references in the more recent DS games (those are better, btw) show no sign of making these two "just" friends. And to think Emerald is getting a remake soon... At least Blaine and Fuji are (hopefully) not that way too, not to mention Candice and Maylene (<-should be a boy, and Birdo off Mario was bad enough.) Don't even get me started on Eusine.

So basically you don't like 3rd Gen because you're homophobic.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
RSE: great these games were so good the only way to improve them would be to add more water routes.
FRLG: firered is my favourite game ever 'nough said

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
I didn't really like the 3rd generation that much, but it's not BAD....just...not as good as the other 3.

I REALLY think May is annoying though.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
lol i think the other gens arent just as good as gen 3

tom_tom

Dunsparce
3rd gen was probably the best so far, and always will.

Its fun. Not my favourite of gens, but fun never the less.