• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your oral hygiene

Check all that apply

• I floss nearly every day or every day

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I rarely/never floss

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • I use mouthwash once a day

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I use mouthwash twice a day

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I never use mouthwash

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • I brush once a day (or less)

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • I brush twice a day (or more)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I brush for a minute or less

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I brush for one to two minutes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I brush for two minutes or more

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
What are your habits?

Votes are private so be honest about your gross hygiene

Last edited:

ebevan91

I brush at least once per day, twice if I leave the house that day or eat something really sweet/sugary. Floss maybe once per week and mouthwash whenever I think about it.

It's weird though because some people have told me before that they don't take good care of their teeth yet they never have cavities, while on the other hand, people who brush their teeth multiple times per day, floss at least a 3 or 4 times a week, and use mouthwash everyday have a cavity every time they get their 6-month x-rays.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It's weird though because some people have told me before that they don't take good care of their teeth yet they never have cavities, while on the other hand, people who brush their teeth multiple times per day, floss at least a 3 or 4 times a week, and use mouthwash everyday have a cavity every time they get their 6-month x-rays.

This is me. I never even been to the dentist in all my 21 years of life.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
I brush my teeth around five days of the week, sometimes four. I'll wake up late and I would have to get ready quickly in a short period of time before the bus arrives, sometimes I just can't brush my teeth/mouthwash/floss in a minute. However, I haven't had a cavity in six years... but I'm sure they'll arrive soon.

I always brush once a day unless I eat something REALLY sugary then I'll brush twice or more.

Lass Brooke

Peaceful Trainer
I read that it's actually bad to brush your teeth right after eating because the acids in foods temporarily weaken your enamel; brushing too soon afterwards can scrub this weakened layer right off. Instead, it's reccommended to brush before you eat (concentrating on your gums and not actually on the teeth) and then floss after. So that's what I do. :3 And they're very healthy! I also brush at night before bed a while after dinner.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I usually only brush once right before bed. I brush for at least two minuets and I spend most of my time around my molers and tongue. Basically when I can drag my tongue across the front and back sides of my teeth and they feels smooth ad my breath smells good I'm done. Haven't had any problems with just doing that, then again I haven't been to the dentist in years. It's to expensive and we don't have dental insurance, that's to expensive to, and my parents work won't cover it. I can go to my school though and get a cleaning for 30 bucks if I wanted to.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
I noticed that you haven't mentioned toothpicks and other such implements.

I usually carry both toothpicks and dental floss. Anyways I tend to brush after breakfast and dinner and usually save the floss and mouthwash as a chore before bed. I try not to brush too soon after my meals though. I haven't ever payed attention to how long it takes o brush so I can't answer that one /shrug.