• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Popular/Unpopular Food/Snack Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
So do we list snacks we like & dislike, or do we list foods we like to see if others have heard of them?

pacman000

Alright. I like, no, love ice cream.

I dislike Spam, tho the bacon version is ok.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Rice and mayo are both terrible

pacman000

What about cantaloupe? I kinda like cantaloupe.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I love:

Spaghetti
Chili
Sweet and sour chicken
Ice cream

I hate:

Olives
Black licorice
Anise
Sweet and sour pickles
Pineapple on pizza (don't mind it on its own though)
Liver
Liver and onions

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't particularly like pork. I only eat it maybe once or twice a year, and even then it's usually only bacon. I also dislike olives, avocados, strawberries, and most vegetables [especially celery].

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Alright, let's do this:

PROS
1. Sushi is God.
2. Pork Chops are delicious in almost any form.
3. Cookie Dough is worth getting salmonella for.
4. Bacon is Second God.
5. Spinach is gloriously versatile.
6. Eggplant Parmesan is actually pretty good.
7. Brownies are the greatest desert ever made (also invented in my hometown of Chicago!).
8. Red Velvet is the queen of cakes.
9. Cayenne Pepper goes great on literally everything.
10. Shawarma. Need I say more?

CONS
1. All beans are gross. Period.
2. Licorice is disgusting.
3. Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potato Pie both taste the same: terrible.
3. Canadian Bacon is gross.
4. Turkey Bacon is also gross.
5. Ketchup tastes if like the word 'sour' got left out overnight.
6. Ice Cream Cake is overrated.
7. Relish is just nasty. Whose idea was that?
8. Most fruits are terrible by themselves.
9. Watermelon, cantaloupe, and mangos are terrible regardless.
10. Stuffing should be removed from Thanksgiving.

MISCELLANEOUS OPINIONS
- Steak should only be medium rare.
- Boneless wings are far superior to any other type of wing. Fight me.
- Dark chocolate is the only chocolate worth eating.
- Jam is WAY better than jelly.
- Stop putting raisins in everything!
- Carrots are only good raw.
- Jerk Chicken is better when wet.
- Only sinners put pineapple on pizza.
- If you think jalapeños are spicy, you don't know spicy food.
- I don't care what anyone says, and I don't care what you try to put on it. Celery is NOT a snack.

BONUS: Things So Good You Could Eat It Right Out of the Container
1. Peanut Butter
2. Cream Cheese
3. Guacamole
4. Peperoncini
5. (Obviously) Cookie Dough

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My food opinions:

Positives:
Sushi is delicious and perfectly safe to eat unless it’s fugu. Stay away from that one if you enjoy being alive!​
Sesame oil should be an essential part of any kitchen pantry. It can be used in so many ways including giving scrambled eggs a unique taste that is quite good and also great with ramen.​
Butter should be used when cooking as you get a nice brownning on omelettes and it melts quickly and helps give some flavor to your cooking. You don’t need to use a lot and the little that you do use will still be healthy and shouldn’t affect your cholesterol level.​
Food that is properly cooked should not need salt added after it is served. You may add pepper or other condiments depending on what you are eating but salt should never be added. If you need salt then you did something horribly wrong during the cooking process. I’ve eaten steaks that I never seasoned before cooking and they tasted great without any salt needed to be used.​
If you must use salt, use sea salt as it is less harmful than table salt. It is also sold as a reasonable price and lasts longer.​
When it comes to steak, leave the fat on the cut during the cooking process. It adds flavor and keeps it from becoming too dry.​

Negatives:
Watermelon is nasty and that includes candy as well.​
Pineapples do not belong on pizza!​
Prune juice is disgusting in every single way.​
Chic-Fil-A has generic tasting food that you can easily find and replicate in a local grocery store’s freezer aisle.​
The Beyond Beef burgers are extremely bland and not that good unless you pile tons of ketchup and other things on top of it to hide its shameful secret or in my case bacon which sort of defeats the intention of eating one. Morning Star has better tasting burgers if you don’t want to eat beef.​
French fries with salt are horrible to eat unless it is seasoning salt of any flavor.​
People who eat squirrels are monsters!​

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Food that is properly cooked should not need salt added after it is served. You may add pepper or other condiments depending on what you are eating but salt should never be added. If you need salt then you did something horribly wrong during the cooking process. I’ve eaten steaks that I never seasoned before cooking and they tasted great without any salt needed to be used.​

Yeah, it's a no on that one. lol

I cannot have my steak unprepared. It must be either marinated or cooked in lemon juice, red peppers, Italian seasoning, butter, and a tiny bit of kosher salt for combination. Now adding more salt to it after it's been cooked is insane. That I can agree with.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Yeah, it's a no on that one. lol

I cannot have my steak unprepared. It must be either marinated or cooked lemon juice, red peppers, Italian seasoning, butter, and a tiny bit of kosher salt for combination. Now adding more salt to it after it's been cooked is insane. That I can agree with.
I don’t mind eating marinated or pre-seasoned steaks. I just don’t do it because it is time consuming. I am a bit of a food purist in that I don’t believe in adding seasoning to foods after they are done cooking and enjoy the natural flavors that the foods have. I’ll add sauce and condiments that are best suited for those foods and will enhance flavoring and occasionally add some black pepper but you will never see me reaching for the salt to put on some fries. If I do then that mean the food is extremely bland and needs some more flavor to it which is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.