• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Pro Catching Roaming Pokemon

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Yuppie!

I believe there is no thread like this so I decided to post this.

This is a thread for people who are very pro in finding the roaming pokemon and catch them. Maybe the people who need help in catching them can learn from here.

I know my stuff in catching them. If the HG/SS version is the same as Gold, Silver and Crystal version of luring Beasts even though you haven't have Entei and Raikou seen in Pokedex, then I do know where they love to go to.

Same as Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Roaming pokemon can be easily found at the junction routes. Let's say you know they are roaming around but you haven't met them yet, by going to junction routes, you can find them easily. It is a matter of go back and forth using repel to find them. Saving steps by turn turning your trainer sprite around using the D-pad gently to save the repel effect. Junction routes are like Route 36, 35 and 37 that sort of arrangement. As you know it, if you use fly, go to other route or go through doors, they will move too. Fly will make them go to random spots.

Now about their favourite grass patch. When you try this often, there are certain area in that route (that it is in) that you can commonly find them. Take note of that and you can find them easily. Say I when I want to find Mesprit in Route 203, I go to the spot where the lake (pond?) is. That patch of grass is the easiest to find her.

Now the battle part. Mean look, Arena trap, Shadow Tag or Block to make sure they don't run. Try weaken them to red health and put them to sleep. Sleep to me is more effective than paralysis in catching them.

Now the catching part. If you want to save poke balls, go for this. Example: poke ball, great ball, ultra ball and repeat. Using different balls each time it fails to catch will lower the miss rate and you can catch them in no time~

Yup that is how I catch them without fail. So what is your way of catching roaming pokemon?

Masterballin' them in Gen3 and Quickballin' them in Gen5. :)

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
That's a pretty cool idea; I never thought of a thread like this.

I'm less organised but I get the job done; catching was never a problem for me so if I'm going for a new team I like to use different kinds of Poké Balls. E.g.; Kurt's Apricorn spheres, Repeat Ball, Timer Ball... I like to use whatever one fits the occasion. For instance a Timer Ball when catching a Dialga.

If I'm REALLY in a bind though (Mewtwo you bastard ¬_¬) then I stick to Dusk Balls at night/in a cave.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Ah yes.

In Johto there are 'free' apricorn made balls. Save money and use this kind of balls all the time. Keep collecting all the apricorns a daily basics.

Fast balls for Raikou, Heavy ball for Entei too (it works for him. Kind of funny lol).