• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your religous views, and your view on the meaning of life.

AlanL

Infinite Curiosity
I'm Agnostic. I don't like to 'believe' in something that I can't experience or see myself. This means I don't believe in any gods, but it also means I don't believe in their non-existence either. It's just an unanswerable question at this point. If someone can show me an experiment, that I can do or at least myself, that confirms or disproves the existence of a higher power, then I'll stand by the side proven.

At the moment, the hypothesis of a higher power is unscientific because it can't be tested.

If there are gods then they obviously have gone to great lengths to hide themselves, and the point of hiding yourself is to make sure others don't recognize your presence. In that case, my non-belief is the gods' will.

The only thing I'd be close to worshiping would be the sun... it is the driving force behind all life, its gravity the force that created the Earth, as far as we know. And all I have to do is look up through a filter lens to see it in all its glory. It would be certainly justified to thank the sun for my life and my dinner.

When it comes to the meaning of life? It depends on how you look at it. From a purely biological standpoint, the meaning of life is to propagate genes. Another way to look at it is the creation of ever more orderly systems, getting ever greater results from the same base materials. In short, the meaning of life could be to do your best, be the greatest you can be and live it to its fullest, taken from a person's point of view.

LegendaryGarchomp

You do know that anybody can edit a page on Wikipedia, right? And there was no reason to get so literal, if you're making a debate on sppf, of course it's going to end like that.

Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah-Wah Wah. Looks like someone doesn't like being proved wrong.

You do know any website on the internet is someone's opinion or how they have interpreted something, and therefore could also be wrong.

to be honest id say 99% of the time wikipedia is right. you just have your wits about you.
If your not sure about something check for sources at the bottom.

Lol, see what I mean?

Poliwag2

ship it holla
I believe in what I can see, smell, hear, touch and taste. I believe in a reality of cause and effect from observational evidence, controlled experimentation and mathematical logic. I believe that I have power over my own decisions.

Spenner

I myself don't believe in god, or don't follow a religion, howver, my beliefs do account for , and allow every religion to exist, and be right. so here we go:
Everyone has their own universe, which is everything they aware of at that moment in time (as far as you can see, etc). Therefore, in each persons universe, their beliefs are correct, but in another persons universe, they aren't. Also, theres the fact i think god only exists if he/she/it it believed in, therefore god doesn't exist in my universe but does in another persons (like my friend, who is mormon.. but we get on really well, despite our differences in beliefs. We turn it into discussions :)).

Ohh, and i also believe in the stacked universe theory, so theres an infinite amount of "universes" (the large space which contains every persons universe), stacked on top of each other, in which every single eventuality can occur.

I also believe in my right to be myself, and not be what society expects of me, but thats off topic =D​