• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your RPG selves

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
This is NOT a place to post all your characters.

Okay, so have you ever created a character that you have used in an RPG that you thought was the RPG version of yourself? As you created them, did you think of your personal traits and looks and mold it into an RPG character? Or maybe your character was nothing like you in real life, perhaps you created them with the intention to make them completely different from you, someone you would like to be?

Well I'm asking you to post your RPG selves sign-ups! You can use pics for your description and you can even have a companion. Or if you have never created an RPG character with the intention to make it your anime self, then make one up now.

What would you look like in the RPG world?

PokemonBreederChris

UnlimitedBlade Works
Well honestly, I do think that every skeleton of a character is somewhat based off yourself or someone you know. Sure the character can end up on a completely differant tangent ... but there would be a relation, however miniscul to someone or something that has impacted yourself in real life.

My RPG self... Well, I can say I've based a few characters off myself...but not to the exact. I've taken myself and added whole new angles. As in, I'd make myself if I were a girl, I would make myself as if I went a completely differant life style, I would make myself with the customs and teachings of being brought up in a differant society/era. There are many things you can do to your own being -- to warp it into something new.

This is a character based off of me from ShadowFaith's Digimon: Retry! and rather dream qualities of being physically fit to be a trackstar in it as well...I am no Runner, my body was not built for that, it is more of a brick wall to hold ground instead of retreat...

I can not find the RPG on Serebii where I completely based a character off of myself word for word only with an X chromosome, but in other sites I've had myself like a mirror image with only uber magick skillz.

~Neon~

There was a child here. They're gone now.
Moi? Well, I am guilty of basing a character off me and using her in two role plays. She is pretty much me, with the occasional edit just to make sure stalkers don't get at me. And who is she?

Darci Tennyson.

Always liked those names, and I think they work well together. The two roleplays I used her in was Gentleman Skeleton's Avatar and ostentatious_nuisance (From Pokemon Crater)'s Pokemon: Sinnoh. Those two were both fun :D

Other than her... Well, at times a few characters also reflect me. Tyson Warwick, though eight years younger than me, is quite up him self like I am. I am sure there are others... but those two stand out for me.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I'd have to say Matsu Awai from Shadowfaith's (somewhat dying) RPG Draconia: school of mythology. This is because we are both kind, compassionate, innocent, naive, and emotional. We are also known to be both hyper and calm, outgoingly shy, and we both are considerd wimps, pansies, etc. because we are skinny and pacifistic. There are many other ways Matsu is my textual reflection, but I chose the most prominent for the sake of time and space.

Elementman-Novapoke

I've never made an exact clone of myself, but I have based my 2 most used characters on my ideal self, both Gavin Luscombe (my overly overused character) and, to a lesser degree, Meer Vampir are based on how i'd like to look(minus the vampiric-ness of Meer).

Personality-wise, I feel that my characters are clones. Because their personality, is my personality, quite cold, intelligent, somewhat quiet and finds it hard in situations with new people.

The Deadman

The Phenom Owns!
Strangely enough, just about every RPG character I've used has been based on me in some points. I believe that everyone does that on every character they play as because they are the one who made them, so some of their personality is going to come into the RPG character.

Hyuu

Under the sea
Role-play characters usually come to me off the start of an interesting history or personality idea I'll randomly get after reading the plot. Very rarely do I choose to interject my own qualities into a character simply because I find myself boring I'm way too caught up in fabricating their own story. But there have been some instances where my characters have ended up resembling my personality to some extent at the time of writing (but I've also undergone some developement personality-wise since the start of my role-playing career.)

Let's see...

Kain Weller of Flygonrulz's The Lost Town of Mirror Island (ver. 1 or 2) has some of my apathetic facets if put on the extreme, though... Not so much the aptness.

Stephen Walker or Steven Carter (I forgot which name I used o.o It might even be a mesh between the two as Stephen Carter, or perhaps something entirely different) from one of Shadow Follower's RPGs described my much more spaztic side that sporadically comes around when panicking. I'll have to look at up and edit the RPG name in ^^;;;

Vandal Senthol from Clowsui, RMelody09, and mine's Ivalice: The Corrupt also described my personality of trying to be good-natured throughout situations, though that might've been an overestimated evaluation of my personality.

I'm dodging the question of physical appearance for now :p I'll probably get to it another time.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I'm thinking similar to Chris here: most things we draw, write or even think up at least have some sort of base or tether in the real world. Usually we take what we see or know in the real world and reshape it in our minds until it fits our own devices. Hence, most characters are inspired by the author's view of himself or the world or the views of other people the author knows. In the end, though, the author's mind usually dwells over them to the point where they grow a unique character, maybe entirely different from the base. For example, a certain character named "Matthew" that I've thought up is based off of a kid I know who's a total nerd, but a good-natured and funny guy. At this point, he's still good-natured and likes to make puns, but he's become more stylish and even a bit more clueless than his base. They grow on their own.

That being said, I try to put at least a bit of myself into all of my characters. For example, almost all of them have vision problems, many of them are geeks/tech-oriented like myself, and others share a fondness for music or certain Pokémon. Usually, though, other characteristics come out of the train of thought of "ooh, and wouldn't this be an interesting quality to write about." Trust me, I find that other people enjoy reading what the author enjoyed writing.

So, yeah, they start with a real-life basis, but usually grow in my mind into something fuller, usually different. Mostly because imagination can spice up concepts to become far more interesting than they can be in reality.

Physically, I'll admit that nine out of ten male characters have been similar to me and most of the (few) females I've written myself into look similar to friends in real life. I try to keep the ages between 13 and 32, of which 13 was my actual age when I started out and 32 is about the highest anybody's guessed my mental age to fluctuate to. I think you mean personality, though, so I'll shut up.

Aaron_fan

I haven't directly, completely made myself into a role-play character. I do put attributes of myself in some characters, but mainly concerning small history events, such as chasing down an ice cream truck, or having to walk home in the rain, or having hallucinations and talking about hearing voices, or how when you were 5 years old you thought that, if you fell, sunshine would come instead of blood. I think it's small details like that that help give characters more life.
I haven't made characters into who I want to be or view myself as. There are correlations, certainly, but it's hardly intentional.

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
There have been a few characters I have completely made up from scratch and not based on myself. Mostly male characters, but the most part of my characters have some relevence to me. For example, my character Aisha was more or less based entierly on my personality and looks (more personality than the looks department though).

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
My Alexander Grassthunder-characters usually share some of my looks, long brown hair and brown eyes, but with added skills I'd wish I had. :p

And quite a few are criminals because I have a soft spot for villains in books and films.

Eeveeking929

Khajmer's Back Baby!
Cole Reiken, Nate Reiken, and Amelia Reiken, my first three characters ever, are each (personality-wise) based off of a different side of myself. Nate is my intelligent, sensible side, with a bit of smart-aleckness in him and a basically holier than thou attitude. Cole is my darker side, the side that gets angry and just wants to punch the nearest person as fast as he can (the sensible Nate part of me prevents me from doing so), the guy who will do whatever is necessary to reach his goals. And Amelia is my outer kind nature that, for the most part, prevails over the Cole side of me (Nate dominates this fractured personality though). Nate and Cole even have little bits and pieces of my physical appearance each (not Amelia for obvious reasons, she's based off of my cousin).

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
There was this one character I made that was almost exactly like me... Sorry to say but that sign-up has been lost. It was my very first RPG on serebii and nevertheless a digimon RPG.

My character was shy until she warms up to the person/people, very kind to a realistic point, somewhat cowardly and full of fright in the face of danger [Yup that's me]. She also has characteristic I wish I had at the moment, shows courage when friends in dangers [I sadly completely freeze up when in dangerous situations] and speaks up when she wants to be heard [Used to clam up all the time but now speaks up occasionally when I really want to be heard].

The other majority of my characters strongly empathize one of my single personality traits. Possibly even traits that I even wanted. Just my more cheerful, happy characters, like any normal people I'm not happy nearly all the time but once I'm in a good mood it really hard to upset me [I was walking home in a pouring down rain without a umbrella and I was laughing, even though, I was getting soak]. This became bases of those characters.

Thinking about a specfic character my F.R.E.E. character, Mid/Day were a representation of me as a whole. Sometimes, I'm really quiet, shy and sweet. Other times I can be really loud, outgoing and mean person. Mid is my more meaner and confident self while Day is my quiet, sweet as sugar side. *Note I would post the sign-up but my brother delete it of the face of my computer...*

Mini Minun

Twin Bolts of Light
I almost always use Matthias Sprintz. I almost always use him as a name, and he's almost always analyctic, physically not fit, lean, normal height, slightly underweight, likes blue, and slow to make decisions, and cools down slowly.

Essencewing

Muckraking Trainer
My usual character is Kuroma Essencewing, and he's based on my strongest emotions and values: Bravery in the face of Evil, Hate of Evil, Anger, and the need to uphold law. He looks completely different from me in most RPGs, as he's a Half-Angel Skyfighter using a greatsword I could never lift. In pokemon rps, he has an association with Absol (either as a trainer or ranger). He also likes Metagross.

Psychic

Really and truly
Generally, a lot of my characters have traits I myself have, or that I wish to have. The characters who most resemble me would be Andrea from Elementman-Novapoke's recent RP and Kaylie from my first RPG, Legendary Reawakening.

Characters who are like me tend to be quiet and a slightly more introverted thinker, are more emotional, enjoy travelling but not really be a people-person. I don't usually stay totally true to my appearance, and mainly just keep the tall height and tendancy to wear jeans (and I always forget to mention it, but no makeup and always forgetting to put on jewlery even if she owns plenty and such). And yes; so far, every character I've made has been female (but any companion she has is male). Once started to make a male but the RP died...hm, I really should make a dude character for once. XD
For other characters I overplay naiveté, an inibility to see the grand scheme of things, allowing emotions to tend to reign over reason as well as a love for performing and generally singing songs out loud. Exaggerated traits I sort of have that make for an interested character.

The "anti-Psychic" character is usually fierce and snappy, the sort who will do anything to get her own way and doesn't really give a damn about others. Alexa for cdra's Scarred RP, Sokami for an old RP by Yami Ryu and Lena who has been my Digidestined character are the best examples of this; they're used to living and working on their own, hate crowds and isn't afraid of throwing punches. Sort of based off a friend I knew for one summer, but almost the way I'd like to be taken to a bit of an extreme; independant and unafraid.

In terms of owned Pokémon, for characters more like me I go with at least one psychic type and often a Scyther. Otherwise I pick slightly less popular Pokémon, often with strange quirks, but still the type that this character would catch (such as Sokami's Houndoom and Skarmory, even if they're a bit more popular).

Like Bliv said, most characters we create have bits and pieces of their creator inside them in that they contain traits we see in ourselves or traits we wish to have. I don't think that this is what happens in every single case, but I think it remains true for most people, and so long as it's still done so that the character is still realistic, it's perfectly normal and accetable. ^^

~Psychic

Caelesti

dancing queen
Hm... well, I'm not sure. I mean, I mostly use characters based off of video game characters I love. But, I usually incorporate some of my personality into every roleplay character I use. Usually more in the males. My female characters I use are usually stuck-up snobs who are in it for themselves [and that's in no way sexist, mind you. I have some very nice and caring female characters.].

The Composer

The Composer
I make my characters what I would like to be in real life. It gives me a chance to see how that could be if RPG's were exactly like the world (odd I know). Actually, the character I am making to try and get into "Sins of the Flesh" is pretty close to my personality, but I am much different looking than he (he is 6'1 and I am 6'5, he is Italian and I am Polynesian, etc.)

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
In the RP world I was male, not female. NOT because I particularly want to be male *Shudders at thought* but because I make better male characters than female. It's an odd trait, but that's how I am. Ugg, all the fan girls. -.- I don't think you know how many times someone has told me how 'hot' my characters are. ANYWAYS. I used to RP all the time, but now I don't but I think I'll start up again, but only a little this time lol. My main character, Raven was at first the most unlike me and as he grew he became the most like me! Odd how that works. At first he was very depressed, EMO wanna-be Vampire General. He had a hated for everything and everyone because of what the world did to him how that no matter what he did neither side accepted him. He also talked like a hick dispite the fact he was born in (If I remember correctly) 812.

NOW, he has a slight english accent, he's calm, fun loveing and a complete smart-ars. He takes pride in his roots and carries it on his back, literally. He has a phoenix on the back of his trench coat(I use him mainly for modern RPs). All he's trying to do is make people happy because he knows how it is to be alone and sad, yet he's still the unheard voice, the Pale Shadow that no one really notices.

As of today he's my absolute best character. I have a great story line with him and he's my most alive characters. Many people say that I talk about him as if he was real and sometimes THEY forget he's not. Lol, imagine where my sanity is right now?