1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your Sense of Humor?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by TornadoAdvisory, May 18, 2020.

1. TornadoAdvisory

TornadoAdvisory The Imminent Storm

What kind of things/styles of comedy appeal to your sense of humor the most? It could be anything from goofy, lighthearted fun to something more dark and surreal. Let me put it another way: do you find young children doing silly things funny, something on the more...offensive side, or another thing entirely?

Me personally, my sense of humor skews more towards the surreal and nonsensical side. I also greatly enjoy comedy that involves a lot of deadpan delivery.

2. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

My sense of humor is either quite refined or completely stupid and irrelevant.

The latter consists of:

Watching old YTP videos.
    Swapping words in song lyrics: "Fighting Mega Man, Robots!"
    Shouting random words or making noises when I'm by myself.
    Turning popular shows into Family Guy skits. (You think that's bad.)
    Laughing at stuff that happened years ago.

But as far as the more refined stuff goes, I'll often take a great opportunity to make a joke.

One time, my brother ordered milk at a restaurant , to which the waiter replied, "I'll get it right out for you baby", to which I replied, "Ha ha! Baby!"

I also like puns, whether really good or completely bad and corny.

Leonhart and TheCharredDragon like this.
  3. KingstonUponHulbury

KingstonUponHulbury Well-Known Member

Probably towards the darker/surreal/anarchic end of the spectrum (no doubt the result of a diet of Monty Python, Blackadder and other British humour growing up) but it's also quite broad. A big shout-out to the early Simpsons, too, there's a wonderful cynicism behind Planet of the Apes: The Musical and Poochie's home planet.

I have a strange relationship with 'dad jokes' - I love them, they're a great means of self-deprecation, but there's also something wonderfully mean about them. Delivered correctly, they're a quick-and-dirty trap to make people laugh at something completely frivolous and take them down a peg. There's something anarchic in that, I think.

I can't stand canned laughter, nor shouting-as-comedy.

TheCharredDragon likes this.
  4. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

My sense of humor tends towards puns, slapstick, dry humor, gallows humor, sarcastic humor, silly humor, etc..

Love to watch funny videos on Youtube, anything from cat videos to bloopers, old AFV clips and so on.

Funny movies and TV shows

Law and Order, mainly the Lenny Briscoe episodes - Jerry Orbach was a national treasure :), the Munch episodes

The Golden Girls

Night Court

Fraiser

Robin Hood Men In Tights

Airplane

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  5. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

My sense of humor is what I like to compare to the measles. Not everyone gets it. I tend to like black humor, irony, puns, and some cartoonish slapstick such as Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry cartoons. I also enjoy parodies if they aren’t too over the top and are more about the ridiculous parts of their movies than making fun of the entire thing. Sort of like Deadpool breaking the fourth wall type deal.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

Black Comedy & Satire

-South Park

-Aqua Teen Hunger Force

-Beavis & Butt-Head

-The Eric Andre Show

-The Boondocks

-Robot Chicken

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I prefer visual gags and puns over actual jokes for the most part, and one of the few dark comedy series that I watch is South Park, although only the earlier seasons since I feel that the show's focus these days is less funny.

8. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

9. Chaos Emperor

Chaos Emperor ................

Raunchy and offensive. Imo, there are no sacred cows, anything is fair game. So leaning in the direction of South Park, the boondocks, and ren and stimpy to name a few.