• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Shipping List (Updated: March 29, 2023)

Kiryn

Well, it’s been a few years since I’ve done this, so I figure it’s probably time to take another crack at it. I’m going to be keeping this strictly to Pokemon, because otherwise the length would be truly ghastly. Anime and games only, as I don’t read the manga. Also, I’m still working my way through the Sun & Moon anime, so my opinions regarding those ships are still mostly in flux. For the sake of my sanity, I’m going to do my level best to be as succinct as possible, and I’m only going to mention ships that I have something to say about; this list is going to be far from comprehensive, but I also don’t want to be here from now until the rest of eternity. Roughly in order of most to least favorite (comparatively, as these are more of what I consider to be my “top” ships). So, disclaimers done, let’s go!

Ash/Clemont (Diode): This ship is constantly fighting it out with Pallet for the OTP spot. It’s just so good and pure and wholesome, they’re just so positive and constantly gushing about how much they admire the other, they find each other so inspiring, and it’s just the sweetest, cutest thing ever. Not to mention how comfortable they are with each other, with the way they’re always hugging and nearly cuddling while asleep! Seeing this ship just brings the biggest smile to my face, every time. Also, Ash has literally never been more interested in science, and these days, he gets bored and starts whining about Sophocles going on about it, whereas when it was Clemont, he was all enthusiasm and sparkly eyes~ They’re just so in love with each other, it’s beautiful.

Ash/Gary (Pallet): The classic OTP. Diode is giving it a serious run for its money, especially because Clemont, and subsequently the ship, has gotten way more screen time than Gary’s ever had. But even still, when I imagine Ash settling down, getting married, that kind of thing, it’s hard for me to picture him doing it with anyone but Gary. Pallet has this childhood best friends/soulmates/yin-yang vibe to it, which I am a huuuge sucker for (it’s got that SoRiku and Stucky #aesthetic to it, which I find irresistible). In the end, they always come back to each other; “As night follows day”. They’ve also inspired each other so much, and the fact that, even up all the way through Sinnoh, Gary was a major influence on Ash’s life decisions…not to mention the Pokeball! The fact that they each kept half, even during the bitterest points of their rivalry…it gets me in all my feels. I just wish that they’d bring Gary back again, like they did with Misty and Brock. ;;;;

Dawn/Zoey (Appeal): Lol, no other Dawn ship can compare. After dealing with so many jerk rivals, Zoey was such a breath of fresh air. She was always so supportive of Dawn, right from the very beginning, never tearing down her confidence, dropping everything to go to her side when Dawn needed her, giving Dawn whatever she needed, whether it was sympathy or constructive criticism, gently but firmly nudging her out of wallowing, was protective without being overbearing, and took no crap from anyone (including the most glorious call-out on Paul’s awful behavior ever), and all with quiet, unassuming self-confidence? God, what a queen. Zoey is just so good for Dawn, and then Dawn returns it all, is just as supportive and loving in return…even years later, I still can’t get over their utter perfection.

Misty/Serena (ChampsElysee): Mmm, those sweet, sweet Korrasami vibes. Real talk, words can never begin to describe the importance of Korra/Asami to me, but what I loved so much about it (apart from the fact that it is gloriously canon) is that it took a bunch of garbage tropes, turned them all on their heads, and crafted perfection out of it. These two girls started as rivals in a love triangle, competing with each other over this guy, but then they chose to be friends in spite of that, and refused to let their relationships with the guy get in the way of it. And then over time, they grew closer and closer to each other, confiding in each other above all else, trusting each other, and slowly fell in love. And in the end, they ditched the guy and rode off into the romantic sunset together! Watching this happen was literally a dream come true, and so to have similar beats play out in Pokemon, with Misty and Serena being the Korra and Asami, respectively, to Ash’s Mako? I am so here for that. There’s so much more that I could say, but I’m trying to be brief, so I’ll just leave it here for now.

Mallow/Lillie (Jellow): I’m still in the early days of SuMo, but I’m already living for this ship. (Also, I’ve seen that Revolutionary Girl Utena screenshot, omggggggg!!!) Mallow is so protective of Lillie and so determined to take care of her, and Lillie is just so sweet (and it’s nice to see that her utter gayness is carrying over well from the games), and they’re constantly near each other and holding on to each other, and my poor gay heart cannot handle it. XD

Jessie/James (Rocket): I cannot picture them with anyone else, ever. Even without romance, it works great as a queerplatonic relationship, and I just…they care about each other so much, always choose loyalty to each other above everything else, they’re pretty much soulmates, and no matter how many times they blast off, they never blast apart.

Brock/N (ParadigmShift): Lol, I’m actually the one who came up with the ship name. It’s a crack pairing that I thought up one day, and have never been able to get out of my head since. I have a lot of headcanons about how they’d meet and how their relationship would work, but for the sake of brevity, I’ll just say that I think they’d get along really well, have good chemistry and compatibility, in terms of both personalities and life goals. I find Brock to be pretty hard to ship usually, as he’s got a motherly vibe that doesn’t click well romantically with most characters, but I think it works with N. Again, there’s waaay more I could say, but I’ll leave it here for now.

Serena/Shauna (Boutique): You can pry bi!Serena (who leans mostly towards girls, lbr) from my cold dead hands. The romantic vibes for this ship, both in the games and the anime, are so strong, lol. XY in general seemed to especially favor this dynamic of positivity and inspiration, with the characters constantly gushing about how awesome and amazing the others are, and it was just so lovely to see. (And tbh, it’s why I loved the majority of the ships that came out of XY, lolol.) Again, this ship is just so sweet and supportive and wholesome, it’s my jam. It’s definitely running a close second to ChampsElysee for my favorite ship for Serena.

May/Iris (1000Wishes): I just feel that these two would have such a good vibe and dynamic, tbh. Both love travelling, food, can be aggressive and ready to throw down and fight you, but they’re also sweet and empathetic. They’re both such strong personalities, but they’d be able to balance each other out, and not end up with one being the over-dominating partner. They’d also have a few contrasts going on; first one that comes to mind is that May is a city girl, while Iris is a wild child. They’d challenge each other and wouldn’t be afraid to dish out some tough love on occasion, but they could also be sweet and supportive when needed. Like I said, I just really dig the vibe I get off the ship, and over the years, it’s grown to be my fave for them.

Selene/Lillie (MoonLily): This ship is my ultimate OTP that ends all OTPs and ships in this fandom. They are perfection incarnate, too sweet, too precious, too good for this world, too pure. They are my precious lesbian daughters whom I love with all my heart and soul. This ship is the main reason why Sun is now my favorite game in the series. Lillie is so good and pure, she has an amazing arc and journey, and I’m so proud of her. Seeing as I’ll always choose to embrace the femslash, I go with the female MC to ship Lillie with, and all the scenes where she bonds with Selene are still romantic and gay as heck. I just…love them, and love this ship more than words can ever say. This ship is god tier to me.

Red/Blue Oak (Nameless): This ship is basically the same dynamic and vibe as Pallet (though arguably with more angst and tension to work through), so of course I ship it as well. Tbh, this has become one of those pairings where it’s hard for me to ship them with anyone else. They just…belong so thoroughly to each other. And yeah, I subscribe to the headcanon that they’re married now and are using the Battle Tree as an excuse to take a second honeymoon in Alola. XP

Steven/Wallace (Origin): My original (heh) gameverse OTP before MoonLily came along. Again, I’m just a sucker for ships where it feels like they’ve known each other forever, where they don’t ever need to really say anything now because everything’s already been said. They feel like soulmates, is what I’m saying. I also love this ship bc they have the potential to be the biggest dorks of all time, and I think that’s beautiful. XD

Hau/Gladion (CuteBones): Oh hey, it’s another SuMo ship that took my heart by storm. They’re an “opposites attract” ship, but in the best way possible. Hau is cheerful and positive, while Gladion is a cynical edgelord. Hau is laidback and easygoing, while Gladion is super serious and the most over-dramatic bean of all time. Hau has this quiet, carefree self-confidence to him, while Gladion is a ball of anxiety and trying desperately to hide the fact that he is a Mess. Hau is openly affectionate and wears his heart on his sleeve, while Gladion is awkward and blushy, and trying desperately to pretend that he’s cold-hearted, when in reality he has the softest and mushiest heart, and feels all the feelings extremely deeply. They’re so different from each other on the surface, but at heart, they’re actually far more similar, and they’re both just Soft, Sweet, Loving boys. In the beginning, it would take a fair amount of patience on Hau’s part, waiting for Gladion to start coming out of his prickly shell, but as he comes to trust Hau more and feel safe, the real Gladion would start shining through, and it’d be worth the wait. Hau would help Gladion soften up, and Gladion would help Hau become more driven and focused, and not just wandering around aimlessly. There’s so much potential in this ship, and I just think it’s beautiful, and I love them dearly.

May/Lisia/Zinnia (DragonQueens): Basically, I love May/Lisia, Lisia/Zinnia, and May/Zinnia individually, and I think they’d work even better together. May has such fantastic chemistry in-game with both Lisia and Zinnia (her chemistry with Lisia is particularly cute and sweet), and now that Zinnia’s fulfilled her lifegoal (and is hinted to be grieving over some kind of personal loss), I can see her as being unsure what to do next. I think Lisia could offer her some fresh perspective, and show her that life is overflowing with new opportunities and experiences to be had. I just think that they’d all balance each other out nicely.

Archie/Maxie (Harden): I was drawn to this ship because they totally have a Magneto/Professor X vibe going on; two people who used to be super close friends, but then became enemies and rivals because their conflicting ideologies caused them to go down separate and opposing paths in life. And like with Cherik, in all of Archie’s and Maxie’s interactions, and especially in the way they talk to each other, there’s this sense of weight and history to it all. And I think how relatively quickly they seem to realize their mistakes and make amends with each other, at least in ORAS, speaks volumes about their relationship too.

DawnKenny

I luv anime :)
In pokemon
For ash is
ash and serena
My opinions for each of ashs travelling companions are
Misty and Gary
Brock and automne
May and drew
Max and bonnie
Dawn and kenny
Iris and trip
Cilan and burgundy
Clemont and korrina
For the anime rivals are
Paul and Zoey
Cameron and bianca
Bianca and barry( I support both)
Solidad and Harley
Alain and mairin
And in anime movies
Shoya and shouko
Mitsuha and taki

These are mine
Thank you

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Here goes! I’m excluding myself from this list:

Pokémon Ships:

DualRivalShipping - Cheren x Bianca:
THESE TWO ARE JUST. ADORABLE. They’re complete opposites, Cheren being logical and serious and Bianca being hyperactive and silly. It makes too much sense for them to be together.

Literally any shipping combination of Cilan, Chili, and Cress:
I am fully aware that I am a disgusting human being. I just love these three so much!

Lillie x Marnie:
I randomly came across this the other day, and it makes too much sense. Lillie’s shy, but becomes optimistic, and Marnie’s just an edgy young lady. They would have to deal with travel issues (England and Hawaii are pretty far away, after all), but I think they could make it work.

Chairman Rose x Oleana: Oleana treats the Chairman like her husband, despite his criminal activity. I headcanon that the two of them are married.

(18 y/o) Allister x Avery: I’ve named this ship Mysteryshipping, and I really don’t care if it’s taken. They’re both Shield exclusives and Gym Leaders. Honestly, I think Avery would do a pretty good job at helping Allister calm down and would be a good boyfriend to him. Provided that Avery lets go of his narcissism for once in his life.

And finally:
THE GREATEST SHIP ON THE PLANET, MY ULTIMATE OTP:

Phosphorousshipping: (18 y/o) Allister x Gordie:

These two are perfect. Absolutely perfect. I imagine Gordie as one of the nicest people in the world to Allister, so the two of them would probably bond pretty quickly. Also, the snuggles! I imagine them watching movies over at Gordie’s house and arguing over the remote.

Other Ships:

Nekopara:
Cinnamon x Maple:
I am fully aware that practically every NP ship is canon, the series being a harem. But Maple and Cinnamon have an adorable relationship. End of discussion. It helps that they’re my favorite nekos in the series.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Here comes the rundown of a few examples:

Ship it like FedEx:
  • Pearlshipping: Still my all-time favorite Pokemon ship with Satoshi/Ash in it. It marked me as a child and it comes from one of the best Pokemon seasons so it never really got dethroned in me shipping it. Their moments together, chemistry, growth as friends and trainers that helped each other become stronger, techniques developed together and overall their entire dynamic is just too cute and shippable for me not to ship them like there's no tomorrow.
  • Rocketshipping: There's zero real competition for ships involving Kojiro/James and Musashi/Jessie, those two are made for each other and even if they might never have a relationship upgrade in canon, it wouldn't be hard to write one such event for them. And they already are pretty close and happy with each other's company (and Meowth's) in canon.
Other Ships
  • Meta Knight x Lucina: My avatar gives it away, but I just love this crossover pairing and I can't help but stockpile on shipping fanart of it like I stockpile on bags of chips. Plus their dynamics with similar social awkwardness and attempts to look/act serious would be cute.
  • Catradora: Having finished She-Ra and the Princesses of Power a while ago, I came to love the ship once I saw the whole series. We got to see the road to them getting together. Plus they got a lot of dynamics I love from pairings such as Enemies-To-Lovers.
  • Entrapdak: Oh boy, where to even start gushing about this one? It's one of my favorite villain ships ever, the two are made for each other and the way Entrapta makes Hordak come out of his shell and eventually turn into a better person is so endearing and my favorite character arc in She-Ra.