• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Smashbros playing style

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like to try and pick different characters. A lot of the time, I use the randomizer on the bottom left to choose character for me.

Shuam

righteous
Me? I don't use a specific character, i figure i should be good with all of them. So i am. Every time i face someone, i chose random, and i always win. (Unless i'm game and watch)

Slick

Banned
I hate Ness and Ice Climbers. Though I like Ness' design.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I play Pikachu, mainly, though I'm also likely to chose Mario, Kirby, Link, Zelda (and sheik), Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, the occasional Peach, and Fox. Yeah. Basically anyone that isn't too slow. Apparently in Brawl, Bowser is sped up, so I may add him to my list. He's a fun character to use.

As you can see, my style changes a lot. I mainly spam smash attacks (and the odd Thunder, if I can get them over my head with an up-smash, or jump past them with good timing) and KO when they try to recover, with Pikachu.

I pick randomly a lot, so I'm not completely terrible with the heavyweights. I just prefer the lighter characters. I'm no good with Jigglypuff or Ganondorf, and that's about it.

Deception

is back
I play Ganondorf, and I can combo well with him despite his slowness. SHFFLing really helps because I can be fast and powerful at the same time. Lately, I've been trying to master Mario, because of his good combos.

Fireboy3000

Judo-Chop!
I mainly use Marth with Sheik and Mario sometimes. I can combo very well with Sheik despite her amount of kill moves and I just totally defeat whenever I am Marth. I usually use his air moves and then smash forward. I love that sword!!

Gentleman Skeleton

I tend to play the character I feel most confortable with the controls for. Soetimes it's Falco, sometimes it's Fox, I've been playing alot as Young Link recently. Not quite sure why.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
My best characters are, pretty much in order: Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and Peach nearly tied for first, with Zelda, Mewtwo, and Young Link nearly tied for fourth. From there, I tend to choose fairly randomly, which is no big deal since I'm good enough with almost every character that I can beat most of my friends with little to no problem. I will say, however, that Samus, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff are all working themselves up nicely.

Most of my best characters have some sort of projectile that I can use easily either as a stalling tactic or to set up combos (Dr. Mario's Megavitamins, Ice Climbers' Icicles, Peach's Turnips, and Young Link's Bombs and Fire Arrows, although the Boomerang can work too). From there, my strategies are mostly improvised, although there are some constants: dash attack to aerial attacks with Dr. Mario, followed by a forward air when the opponent is damaged sufficiently; aerial combos with Peach; a defensive tactic with Ice Climbers, staying largely put, occasinally using a dash attack or forward B to enter the fray; a mostly hit and run strategy with Mewtwo while keeping a charged Shadow Ball to help round off a combo or edgeguard; and constant forward and back aerials from Zelda.

As far as advanced techniques go, I hardly use any other than L-cancelling. I've honestly felt no need to master them since I can beat pretty much all of my (very casual) friends without them, I still have lots of fun without them (well, when I'm with friends, anyways), and quite frankly, there are many things I'd rather do than spend hours at a time air-dodging into the ground and practicing whatever other techniques there are.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
For some characters, I go all out with plenty of Smash attacks (Ex.: Mario, Link, Fox, Marth, Roy, Falco).

For others, I rarely use Smash attacks, but may do several grab attempts (Ex.: DK, Capt. Falcon, Mewtwo).

There are also a few where I do Smash attacks and grab attempts (Ex.: Sheik, Marth, Roy).

But for most characters, I rarely do grab attempts except for certain situations.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I use the fast characters, Fox in particular, Sonic will possible become my next main character.

Disaster

FrogToed
The style I like to play the most is speedy, and well balanced people. I never use any slow and powerful people because i like to use most of my attacks in mid-air as your opponent can't dodge as easy. so my favourite characters got to be Fox/Falco, Mario/Dr Mario, Pikachu/Pichu and ice climbers(because they are quite powerful together and can have good item combinations I think), while i feel like i'm rubbish with the likes of Bowser and Donkey Kong, but I try to play as many different characters as possible to get to know their best style to play with.

Souku

Well, for the original Super Smash Brothers, I always used Kirby (sometimes Pikachu). I spam smash moves like there's no tomorrow, then die.

When I tried playing Melee, I realised how much I sucked. :)
And by Jove, it was fun watching myself get thrown off the edge every 15 seconds. No, really.
I used a bunch of characters in Melee including Bowser (who I thought was heaps fun to play as), but I used Link/Zelda/Sheik most in the 5 times I got to play it.

Yeah, I'm really bad at playing Smash Bros. - I can't shield/dodge properly so I couldn't beat two level 6 AI Melee characters. But, it's fun and that's what counts.

I'm more for the fast people, but it doesn't really matter since I suck anyway.

Blazios

My style is pretty much exactly the same style as Burninator's, although I do plan to main Ike when Brawl comes out. Somebody's got to use him right? Even if his Up B is a mixture of Luigi's Up B and Kirby's Up B.

mumbo

Orale Vato?
Mainly i use Falco in the world of smash but i use every character. C.Falcon is also one of my main character.

Rave

Banned
Beating the living shit out of my opponents.

What other way is there?