• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your stance on Goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Contests were incredibly popular when they were first introduced in the anime although people obviously got tired of them over time after 8 years. They really didn't have a choice with Dawn, although it makes me wonder if the Pokeathlon existed at DP's start...if she would have been some sort of sports athlete instead.

Its better to have a tangible quest, Misty/Brock's goals were rarely focused on and Iris and Cilan's are only handled slightly better.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The Contests were incredibly popular when they were first introduced in the anime although people obviously got tired of them over time after 8 years. They really didn't have a choice with Dawn, although it makes me wonder if the Pokeathlon existed at DP's start...if she would have been some sort of sports athlete instead.

Its better to have a tangible quest, Misty/Brock's goals were rarely focused on and Iris and Cilan's are only handled slightly better.

Tangible quests don't always work though unless there is a way for them to reach them on screen. Iris doesn't have a competition of her own so she joints with Ash's messing them up and Cilan is one minute over the line and yet being forgotten the next. They could used their own mini something so that it seems like they are getting somewhere. The Whirl cup was good, only if Ash wasn't in it would have been better for Misty and Brock didn't get anything, so I rather have something with a competition seperate from Ash's. I don't mind goals at all but something working for is always better.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

I agree that if we had the Pokeathlon in DP from the start they could have turned Dawn into that instead of a second Coordinator. While I enjoyed Dawn's contest quest I always felt her being a second Coordinator right after May crippled her and it did. Dawn never escaped May's shadow no matter which direction she went. I always wanted her to quit Contest by the end of DP to try something new after her GF and create her own legacy of some kind. Think of the development between her and her mom that would have created. That and I think it's a shame that such a fun and interesting concept such as a Pokeathlon was treated so poorly in the anime. I actually hope they bring it back for gen 6 so someone can do it justice.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I don't think Pokéathlon would have made Dawn a fitness girl. It's just like how they did nothing with Musicals when BW came out. They just took an existing character to showcase PokéStar Studios.

Now, if they want to put contests in XY so they can use Pokémon Contests stats for both XY and the possible RSE sequels then they'll put them in the anime.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't think Pokéathlon would have made Dawn a fitness girl. It's just like how they did nothing with Musicals when BW came out. They just took an existing character to showcase PokéStar Studios.

Now, if they want to put contests in XY so they can use Pokémon Contests stats for both XY and the possible RSE sequels then they'll put them in the anime.

Who said Dawn had to be a fitness girl to be in Pokeathlon? She could have done it and remained her girly self, since the Pokemon are the ones working she'd just be the coach. Changing a characters personality to fit a goal would have been uneeded and only prove who stereotypical the anime really is.

If I hear one more thing about a RSE remake and or sequel I will scream at my computer screen. Not trying to jump on you, I'm just sick to death of RSE remake/sequel crap.

staryu_starmie

Gym Leader Jiz
If I hear one more thing about a RSE remake and or sequel I will scream at my computer screen. Not trying to jump on you, I'm just sick to death of RSE remake/sequel crap.

This. If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now, though to be fair, GBA => FRLG, DS => HGSS, 3DS...a remake seems to come with each console iteration, however, I more so think its just pre gen3 is incompatible with newer generations, thus the remakes. RSE were awful games, particularly when you look at GSC, which was probably the best generation, RSE seemed like a stepback. I would like to see Kanto in 3D, I can see this happening more than a RSE remake, seeing as it'll be the 20th anniversary of pokémon red and green in 2015.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This. If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now, though to be fair, GBA => FRLG, DS => HGSS, 3DS...a remake seems to come with each console iteration, however, I more so think its just pre gen3 is incompatible with newer generations, thus the remakes. RSE were awful games, particularly when you look at GSC, which was probably the best generation, RSE seemed like a stepback. I would like to see Kanto in 3D, I can see this happening more than a RSE remake, seeing as it'll be the 20th anniversary of pokémon red and green in 2015.

RSE will be remade eventually, probably in the middle of next gen. If you actually think Gamefreak/Nintendo will allow an entire region and their pokemon to fade from the spotlight, you don't know how business works.

It probably didn't happen now because the 5th gen came out at the tail-end of the DS, and they wanted to start the 3DS off with a new generation.

Gen 6 probably will go on for 4 years, so they're going to have to fill that gap with a remake of an older game and everyone knows they would do Hoenn next time.

LizardonX

Banned
inb4maygetsreplacedinremakes.

Did I remember to say all sidekicks should reach their goals if it has a properly defined method to reaching it using an objective method like winning a ----

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Stance on goals 2.0: If you don't work on it, you better be kicked off the show. Meaning:
- Cilan has to get kicked to the curb at this point.

RSE will be remade eventually, probably in the middle of next gen. If you actually think Gamefreak/Nintendo will allow an entire region and their pokemon to fade from the spotlight, you don't know how business works.

It probably didn't happen now because the 5th gen came out at the tail-end of the DS, and they wanted to start the 3DS off with a new generation.

Gen 6 probably will go on for 4 years, so they're going to have to fill that gap with a remake of an older game and everyone knows they would do Hoenn next time.

The thing is.. The original games, and their remakes, can't be played on the 3DS. So if the franchise has definitively said their goodbye to the DS, then you'd think that they'd remake Hoenn before Kanto?

If this series is teaching you ANYTHING, it is that KANTO SELLS.. Not Hoenn, but KANTO.. If I didn't know any better, and look at the previous series, then at this point I'd assume a new Kanto remake, just because of the amount of Kanto promotion going on. AG this time: Kanto promotion --> Fr/Lg. DP around this time: Johto promotion --> Hg/Ss. BW now: Kanto promotion --> ???

Just fill in the blanks.. Not saying that we're getting a Kanto-remake before XY, but that Hoenn remakes are still very, very far off..

They probably will axe both of them to be honest. Especially if they do a sequel game like how BW2 is. If that's the case Brendan/May might have recurring roles or be Champions like that.

A sequel??? That's laughable.. They'll get REMAKES, if that... Never in my life would I expect 'sequels' to RSE.. Both Archie and Maxie agreed that what they did was wrong. It wasn't as if there were any other important characters with opinions in those games that could turn out antagonistic, and wouldn't result in the same darn plot. Additional content, probably (Sevii Islands/Added Suicune plot from Crystal), but not fullblown sequels to a decade old game.. -.-

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If this series is teaching you ANYTHING, it is that KANTO SELLS.. Not Hoenn, but KANTO.. If I didn't know any better, and look at the previous series, then at this point I'd assume a new Kanto remake, just because of the amount of Kanto promotion going on. AG this time: Kanto promotion --> Fr/Lg. DP around this time: Johto promotion --> Hg/Ss. BW now: Kanto promotion --> ???

Just fill in the blanks.. Not saying that we're getting a Kanto-remake before XY, but that Hoenn remakes are still very, very far off..

How many times can they include Kanto in a generation? Its literally been in the first four generations over and over, the 5th gen is the only one it wasn't rehashed in.

A sequel??? That's laughable.. They'll get REMAKES, if that... Never in my life would I expect 'sequels' to RSE.. Both Archie and Maxie agreed that what they did was wrong. It wasn't as if there were any other important characters with opinions in those games that could turn out antagonistic, and wouldn't result in the same darn plot. Additional content, probably (Sevii Islands/Added Suicune plot from Crystal), but not fullblown sequels to a decade old game.. -.-

Well I don't really care either way, it was a suggestion. I fully expect the remakes to continue now for the end of time....by Gen 7 I'd expect DP remakes too.

Nightstar1994

Well I don't really care either way, it was a suggestion. I fully expect the remakes to continue now for the end of time....by Gen 7 I'd expect DP remakes too.

That would be the best thing ever. Gen IV was my favorite Gen and i can't wait until this will happen.

LizardonX

Banned
Even if RSE sequels did happen may or brendan wont show up ingame.

I think we need more tracys with easy to reach goals.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
goals are always a good thing to have especially when you actually follow them. id say something else but i dont want to sound like im character bashing.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I agree that if we had the Pokeathlon in DP from the start they could have turned Dawn into that instead of a second Coordinator. While I enjoyed Dawn's contest quest I always felt her being a second Coordinator right after May crippled her and it did. Dawn never escaped May's shadow no matter which direction she went. I always wanted her to quit Contest by the end of DP to try something new after her GF and create her own legacy of some kind. Think of the development between her and her mom that would have created. That and I think it's a shame that such a fun and interesting concept such as a Pokeathlon was treated so poorly in the anime. I actually hope they bring it back for gen 6 so someone can do it justice.

I don't see what is wrong with another girl other than May do to Contests or not. Contests were still present in the games so it made sense for someone to do them. You think Brock would have? Please.

LizardonX

Banned
I don't see what is wrong with another girl other than May do to Contests or not. Contests were still present in the games so it made sense for someone to do them. You think Brock would have? Please.

Or Ash could have double dipped but that's apparently treason in the pokeverse.

The meaning of "dragon expert " is still unexplained. You didn't give any purpose way to assess it and it seems more like an casual headline than anything else. Especially odd is that you put a connoseur as a unexplained objective when we know there is some kind of examination for it. Anyways I don't really proper care what it is provided that the personality gets to it before they get processed for the more recent design.

Status
Not open for further replies.