1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Your stratergy on catching legendary pokemon

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by pokemon breeder william, Nov 14, 2011.

1. pokemon breeder william

pokemon breeder william salamence rocks!!!!!

How did u go about catching the legendary pokemon in your game . I used 1 lvl 34 sunkern to catch kyroge and groudon

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I have Sceptile use false swipe until the legendary's health bars in red then I use a sleep move, and throw Ultra balls at it.

3. DragonXmicro

DragonXmicro 何これ?かえったね。

um, i just say, master ball

4. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

I get a pokemon that knows false swipe and another pokemon that knows Thunder Wave or Hypnosis/Sleep powder. Then use Ultra balls and Timer balls.

5. UltimateVictini

UltimateVictini DittoMustWinPrez ⌐_⌐

false swipe with a pokemon... then great ball/whatever.

6. DragonHeart247

DragonHeart247 Adept Trainer

save + quick ball, if this goes on too long I use false swipe and status ailments. Simple as that :)

7. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

I simply save, make sure my first party pokemon is strong enough to go against the legendary and then apply a status problem to the pokemon I'm trying to catch. Once its weak enough, I just start throughing poke balls. XD I do the same things for normal pokemon as well.

8. sizida

sizida CoconutIsTheAnswer

use different ball each time you toss them IF you aren't using master ball.

also sleep is useful. so does paralysis. never ever use poison, confuse and burn status! so does spite.

always have a healer in your team. recovery in case hp is low. setting up walls will be good too.

9. TDawg

TDawg Well-Known Member

Smeargle. Sketch spore, false swipe, and theres the perfect legend catcher

10. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

different ways i catch legends are, false swipe, master ball, sleep powder, give it a status, get lucky and catch it with a pokeball.

11. Illif

Illif Banned

for those of you who evidently fell asleep during the tutorial at the beginning of EVERY GAME you catch them the same as any other pokemon; weaken it, throw a ball at it, and cross your fingers.
    wash. rinse. repeat.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  12. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I use False Swipe to get them down to 1 HP and then put them to sleep. I start throwing Balls after that, especially Timer Balls as the battles goes on, which helped me catch many of the legendaries.

13. Aegon

Aegon _

I never really bothered with a Pokémon designed for catching others in Gen III. Instead, I used my Sceptile's False Swipe and my Manectric's Thunder Wave, occasionally resorting to my Gardevoir's Hypnosis.

14. Qmaz246

Qmaz246 Disney Trainer

I use weak moves, and then Hypnosis, and hope for the best.

15. This is really cheap but what I did was have two Gen III games (e.i. Ruby and Saphire) and just use one to trade master balls to the other game. Then use them to catch EVERYTHING (legendaries mind you). But if I can't use that meathod, I do this: I don;t have a pokemon with false swioe so I just use a super-effective move ( I am awesome with type advantages) Then not effective moves until the HP is in the red then try status moves and throw Ultra/Timer Balls until it is caught. I tend to buy things in bulk.

16. iCakeify

iCakeify Luxray Fanboy

Master ballz.

17. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Chuck at Master Ball at them.

If I don't have one, then I just weaken the legendary down to red health, paralyze it (because it doesn't wear off as easily as sleep), toss an Ultra Ball, and pray.

18. PKMN Trainer Rex

PKMN Trainer Rex ~'3'~ Swalot face

Before I do anything, I save in front of them. I get their health to red, inflict sleep/paralysis, then throw multiple ultra and time balls at it.

19. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Trader and Battler

weaken then rain on it with ultra balls. i dont have any specific pokemomn for the job

20. soren12345

soren12345 Member

while trying to catch kyrum i used toxic then got its health down to half then just kept throwing ultra balls