• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your stratergy on catching legendary pokemon

xDWarrior

I just chuck balls at it like a madman. Usually works when it's on low HP

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Buy lots of ultra balls and timer balls, get a Pokemon that knows false swipe and thunder wave, reduce it's HP to 1, paralyze, and then throw some balls mentioned.

cantab

Duplicate Master Balls with the Emerald cloning glitch :)

Before I learnt about that, and still in Leaf Green since I lack a GBA link cable, I've tended to not have specific catchers in third-gen games, unlike 4th gen. I'll have status on someone - often paralysis rather than sleep, since although it's less effective it's permanent - and False Swipe on someone else. Early in the battle I'll either use Ultra Balls, or I'll just waste turns until my Timer Balls will be effective. Raikou in Leaf Green got Master Balled because of the Roar glitch.

Canto

1. Inflict Status (Usually Paralysis or Sleep).
2. Whittle down HP as low a possible.
3. Proceed to chuck countless Ultra Balls.

Sharpedo_14

I tend to use my Gengar for every legendary. It has mean look for the ones that run, and hypnosis to put them to sleep. Once it is asleep i whittle down its hp then just chuck balls at it

DasBoot

I'd use a level 100 Smergle with False Swipe, Extreme Speed, Block, and Spore.

Trust me, it's worth leveling up at least one for each generation.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Weaken the Pokemon first and then have Gengar hit it with Hypnosis. Start throwing Poke Balls.

And yes. I did just type Poke Balls. It's not too hard if you just throw a lot of them.

HydroSwampert

*throws a Master Ball at a 3rd Generation Legendary Pokemon in his FireRed Version * Wait, what?

Ok, kidding aside, I usually try to lower his/her HP to close to a sliver in red left, and then usually try to either put him/her to sleep, or to paralyse him/her. Then I usually throw Ultra Balls and hope for the best!

For roaming Legendary Pokemon , I usually throw my Master Ball , though, if I have one. :p

Snigeln

[AE]Breeder
I think I just went for saving before starting the match, and then lower HP as much as possible and then spam ultra balls.
But if you want a smart tactic i´d say go for sleep/paralysis, and if you want to be extra sure go for false swipe as well.

Prok2

Use a strong pokemon, get its hp down to red, then put it to sleep, then use a weak pokemon to eat away at hp slowly, then chuck balls at it (i caught two regies with pokeballs no more than four tries, but maybe i just got lucky, i dunno...)

G50

No longer posting
When I face Kyogre and Groudon, I save right in front of them first, and then I use a Master Ball on them. For Rayquaza I save in front of it, and then I use Swampert's non-Supereffective attacks until the HP was low enough to try and catch with Ultra Balls. Then I use a lot until Rayquaza is finally caught.

SilverSoulLugia

My personal strategy for catching Legendaries:

•Save in front..
•Start battle, immediately throw a Quick ball (if possible).
•Proceed as normal until health is in the yellow or red.
•STATUS CONDITION TIME! Either Sleep or Paralysis.
•Spam Ultra Balls or whatever ones I might have on me that could help. (Dusk Balls FTW.)
•If that doesn't work, then just keep stalling for ages, or if the pokemon can use recover, repeat until in the yellow/red again.
•Spam Timer Balls.

I don't usually have a Pokemon with False Swipe... .___.

Last edited:

ROFLMAO

1. Make sure I have great or timer, not ultra balls on hand (I always seem to have better luck with Great Balls :p)
2. Save in front of it.
3. Knock it to red health.
4. Status condition it.
5. Catch it.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
Get it to the red.

Stack on staus conditions.

Throw Pokébals like crazy. Not great, ultra, master, timer, whatever the one balls. The so original pokeballs.

And THAT is how you get a Arceus in a pokéball.