• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your stratergy on catching legendary pokemon

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Shedinja and False swipe on Kyogre. It can't do anything.

Seth pkmn

Parasect.
Spore+False swipe.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
I catch Rayquaza with a Master ball, hunt down Latias with a Wobbuffet in my party (they have that ability where a Pokémon can't run away), and for most other legendaries I choose an unique strategy for each.
And of course, for all (except Rayquaza), I take as much Ultra and Great balls as I can buy.

Why is this not in the General Pokemon discussion?

Anyway, False Swipe and Thunder Wave usually work well. If one keeps chucking Ultra Balls at them, it usually works pretty well.

Kall El

..Silence..
The same as catching anything else except with more caution and use of stronger Pokes.
Simply because they hit very hard so you need to have power or some form of type-advantage.
Weaken it very very low, False swipe if you have to! And have it paralysed, as it's a permanent non-damaging status.
Then pull your cap back, keep tossing Ultra balls or if you're stupid like me Pokeballs for the sake of Pokeballs :]

Parasect = Quick Ball + Spore + False Swipe + Dusk Ball = Win

Last edited:

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
I would pull my cap back buy Brandon and his gray hair or hat or whatever you want to call it can't be pulled back :\

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
Get them down to red then start chucking ultra balls

Darth Revan

Coming Out!

Herugrim

Corrupter of Pokemon
First time I had to catch a legendary I used a pokemon to wear it down, popped in Snorlax to take the punishment and put it to sleep, and pelted it with ultra balls. Still took a long time, I never carry more then 10 ultra balls and great balls are useless on legendaries, so when I run out I have to restart. Not a big deal because I always save before I challenge the beast, but still a pain.

MistyMayDawn

Pokémon Coordinator
I just try to drag the battle out then use the Timer Ball

It really just depends on the Pokemon. Most of the time I just weaken it then spam Net, Ultra or Timer Balls on it. If that fails I just reset the game and try again.

Last edited:

Tytan Havok

Bring it.
for those of you who evidently fell asleep during the tutorial at the beginning of EVERY GAME you catch them the same as any other pokemon; weaken it, throw a ball at it, and cross your fingers.
wash. rinse. repeat.

Thats exactly how I do it, but I usually try to save before confronting legendary pokemon I can only face once.

Anus

Banned
Lob a couple hundred pokeballs at the bloody things.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I throw Quick Ball first.But if failed,I put damage by attacking with different Pokemon,I keep on switching out to buy some time then throw Timer Ball.