• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your thoughts and opinions on the Episode N Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
A monumental disappointment in my view. the moral conflict about realising pokemon is completely removed. N is mildly interesting at first, and they at least keep his character faithful to the games... except Ash fairly easily convinces him that his pokemon are happy in slavery and therefore theirs no need to question the status quo. N never forms his movement to free Pokemon, opposes Ash or commands Resheriam. Their is a brief nod to the dreams and reality thing at the end of the episode N14, but otherwise its never dealt with. Charizard comes back with much fanfare and hype, and has a hyped battle with Dragonite which is astonishingly boring and ends in 40 seconds without being resolved. Charizard then proceeds to do nothing useful that Torkal couldn't have done, proving almost useless to the plot. Team plasma are defeated when they summon Reshiram and mind control it, and rather than the climatic battle we were promised, Pikachu snaps it to its senses with thundershock, while Meowth holds off a dozen Perlion's through some astonshing Deux Ex Machina powers, then the bad guys are arrested easily enough. Theirs some fighting before Resheriam is summoned, and then some fighting where suddenly Team Plasma is so pathetically weak that Jessie and James can solo the entire group without even trying.

Aside from the god awful Episode N 14, the fight scenes are mostly ok I guess. The plot is bland, boring, and predictable, and they still manage to space it out with even more pointless filler episodes.

LizardonX

Banned
It ran on hype and crashed horribly in execution.

Nightstar1994

Negatives:

N got injured in like every episode he starred in, it got boring so quickly.
N never battled. Heck, he was there only to stop any battle in a series where battling is the main priority.
"Team Rocket VS Team Plasma" - They shouldn't have even reused that plot point or title. This episode focusing more on Meowth than anything else, could not compare to what they had planned way back then.
No Zekrom
Charizard return brought NOTHING except fanservice.
Sometimes Team Rocket used jetpacks and sometimes they blasted off, which made no sense.
Ghetsis was horribly executed

Positives:

Revamped Opening
Awesome Ending Song
Looker
Ash regained memory of his past self
Meowth -> This Pokemon has been probably the best developed character in the whole Best Wishes saga. No objections against this, we finally see how powerful he can be when he wants to.
Colress was really enjoyable.
Reshiram appearing

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Negatives:

N got injured in like every episode he starred in, it got boring so quickly.
N never battled. Heck, he was there only to stop any battle in a series where battling is the main priority.
"Team Rocket VS Team Plasma" - They shouldn't have even reused that plot point or title. This episode focusing more on Meowth than anything else, could not compare to what they had planned way back then.
No Zekrom
Charizard return brought NOTHING except fanservice.
Sometimes Team Rocket used jetpacks and sometimes they blasted off, which made no sense.
Ghetsis was horribly executed

Positives:

Revamped Opening
Awesome Ending Song
Looker
Ash regained memory of his past self
Meowth -> This Pokemon has been probably the best developed character in the whole Best Wishes saga. No objections against this, we finally see how powerful he can be when he wants to.
Colress was really enjoyable.
Reshiram appearing
Completely agree about meowth. Him and cilan have been two best characters in BW, but it makes me sad knowing that it is going to waste with TRio already back and worse than ever to being goofy...so meowth will also return to just being the decoy every other episode.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
It's good so far (I missed the Ampharos filler, so my last episode so far is Team Plasma's Pokemon Power Plot!).

diakyu

Comparing it to the other evil teams in the anime: TP>TR>TG>>>>>>>>TM/TA

I thought they did extremely well with EN. Ash got his interaction with N that I always wanted and there was always something happening.

This thread was done already when episode N was about to N.

Nice puN!

Yeah, this thread was done already.

I liked all of episode N except the last episode. The penultimate episode was excellent imo, but the last one didn't live up to its prequel.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought it was forgettable to be honest. It was supposed to be N's story basically, yet Colress got more screen-time. I felt that the fillers were redundant and the finale left much to be desired. I had high hopes for it, but as usual, I was disappointed by the way the writers handled the arc. There were just too many wasted opportunities imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.