• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Top 10 2016 Game of The Year

Your Games Of The Year

• Final Fantasy XV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncharted 4

• The Last Guardian

• Titanfall 2

• Fire Emblem Fates

• Gears of War 4

• Total voters

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Your Top 2016 Games of The Year

Just as the thread title says, list your top GOTY of 2016! Any game you completed in 2016, whether new or old, counts. If you can, please describe why they are in your list.

#5 PS4: Tales from the Borderlands
•I was having so much fun with the game and characters, I was constantly wanting to play the main Borderlands games lol

#4 Vita: Steins;Gate 0
•I actually started this in Dec 2015, but finished in Jan 2016. The story is so complex and awesome! Can't say much without spoiling, so you just have to play for yourself. Unfortunately haven't gotten Steins;Gate 0 yet, but hopefully soon.

#3 PS4: Uncharted 4
•I've really enjoyed every Uncharted game, and this last entry was a worthy send off to Drake's story. While there's only a few set pieces compare to U2 and U3, they are still very grand and spectacular. In fact, the game's so gorgeous and expansive, sometimes normal gameplay substitutes as the set piece! It was great knowing the Uncharted crew, and I'll miss them (thank goodness for the Chloe and Nadine DLC lol)

#2 PS4: Final Fantasy XV
•I'm so mad at this game, yet I absolutely love it. I'm mad that the game's story is so rushed and broken and incomplete, and what is there had so much potential. The relationship between the bros is so good, so is the OST, and the gameplay is bliss. 130 hours later, 1 month later, still playing the game, and will keep playing the game as updates and DLCs are still coming.

#1 PS4: Persona 5
•This came out on September 15, 2016 in Japan. Persona 5 is one of the best JRPGs ever. It's really polished, content packed, has an excellent OST/gameplay/visuals/story. It's been 8 (or 9 outside Japan) since Persona 4, but the wait has been more than worth it.

ebevan91

I haven't played many 2016 games so I'll just say my favorites are Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Pokemon Sun/Moon, and if you can count it, The Witcher 3's Blood & Wine expansion.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My top games of this year are probably not going to appear on many other lists here (except for Pokemon), but I may as well drop a top 3 as I didn't play too many of the games released last year.

#3 - Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

Fairy Fencer F comes back with the same story but with a whole bunch of changes, such as Godly Revival actually being relevant and changing the story line depending on the route you choose. Speaking of routes, Ethel, Harley, etc. receive their own endings this time around. All being different depending on whether you choose the Vile God. Goddess or Vile Goddess endings. Overall, a really great JRPG.

#2 - Pokemon Sun and Moon

Not much to say really, it's a Pokemon game with a good story, of course it's gonna be high up.

#1 - Forza Horizon 3

Easily my favourite game of the year, Horizon 3 is another open world Forza which, this time around, takes place in Australia, It introduces many new cars to the series, has basically no limitations on where you can drive, has on-and-off road racing even lately had a snow expansion. Also, between the old classic cars and non-road legal race cars, there's something for everyone to drive. Definitely why Forza is where dreams are driven.

Not to mention the graphics are stunning and the physics are amazing, also has the occasional hilarious not-game-breaking glitch.

ebevan91

My top games of this year are probably not going to appear on many other lists here (except for Pokemon), but I may as well drop a top 3 as I didn't play too many of the games released last year.

#3 - Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

Fairy Fencer F comes back with the same story but with a whole bunch of changes, such as Godly Revival actually being relevant and changing the story line depending on the route you choose. Speaking of routes, Ethel, Harley, etc. receive their own endings this time around. All being different depending on whether you choose the Vile God. Goddess or Vile Goddess endings. Overall, a really great JRPG.

#2 - Pokemon Sun and Moon

Not much to say really, it's a Pokemon game with a good story, of course it's gonna be high up.

#1 - Forza Horizon 3

Easily my favourite game of the year, Horizon 3 is another open world Forza which, this time around, takes place in Australia, It introduces many new cars to the series, has basically no limitations on where you can drive, has on-and-off road racing even lately had a snow expansion. Also, between the old classic cars and non-road legal race cars, there's something for everyone to drive. Definitely why Forza is where dreams are driven.

Not to mention the graphics are stunning and the physics are amazing, also has the occasional hilarious not-game-breaking glitch.

I completely forgot to mention Forza Horizon 3! That's a good racing game. Arguably the best one I've played? Have you played Blizzard Mountain yet?

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I completely forgot to mention Forza Horizon 3! That's a good racing game. Arguably the best one I've played? Have you played Blizzard Mountain yet?
Yep, I've played Blizzard Mountain and I'm just finishing getting all the medals, definitely have had fun with it (and especially the frozen lake). I honestly reckon it's the best expansion they've released for a Horizon game.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Overwatch, definitely. I've been playing it daily with my friends since release. It's the first game in a long while in which I actually want to be good at.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I legitimately don't remember if I played any 2016 games yet aside from Sun/Moon. Which, at least, was a pretty good game aside from The Revenge of the Fifth Gen Experience Scaling.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I hadn't really given it much thought but I think DOOM is totally my favourite game of 2016. It's super fun, action packed, thrilling, and wonderfully bloody and messy. The glory kills are amazing and I just love being forced to run around and get all up in the face of demons.

Otherwise I guess Overwatch is pretty good. Sun/Moon are also high for obvious reasons and Fire Emblem Fates was pretty cool.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sun/Moon. Best. Pokemon. Game. Ever! I hadn't enjoyed a Pokemon game as much since the Black/White series
Watch Dogs 2 is my second choice. It's a MAJOR improvement over the first game. So much stuff to do in it, and you can play co-op missions which are also hilarious. You can DANCE on top of a friend's car as they drive around. I love it so much, I can't wait for the update that brings back the DM mode NG Watch Dogs 1 had in the spring.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Sudden realization: I completely forgot to mention that I played Eyes of Heaven last year, and it was 110% amazing.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Ok, I think I got my top 5 in order.

#5: Uncharted 4
For someone who could only see what others were doing due to the fact that I didn't have the systems at the time, I had no problem falling into the world of Nathan Drake in Uncharted 4. I wanted desperately to keep his marriage alive, and I thought that Rafe was a pretty cool dude, just doing things his own way. He just can't accept that he's not the main character. Also, that epilogue! Ruined everyone...'s tearducts.

#4: Dishonored 2
I am saving that princess no matter HOW many times it takes! I love all the heart that went into it. I loved how many different ways you could complete an objection. My only concern is that, in this game, saving someone's life typically doesn't result in them having a fate worse than death.

#3:Bravely Second
The music still plays in my head. That is enough.

#2: Disgaea 5
I think that came out the year before, but I played it a lot. Like...a TON! I clocked in over 100 hours on that thing, and I'm willing to do even more! It is that good of a strategy JRPG.

#1: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Both these games are games I collected over 100 hours on, EACH. It's like Pokemon, but for T-rated audiences. Not exactly M-Rated stuff, but still, the things they talk about.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd also like to say Hitman.
I got it recently since it's fully released and it is fantastic! So many cool unique ways to kill people, and even more for the targets! A major step up from the snore Absolution Hitman game. And the story behind the missions is intriguing and I can't wait for season 2!