• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Top 3 Favorite Final Fantasy Games

Ohtachi

mia san mia
I know the Final Fantasy series has been exhausted to the point of aggravation in this Forum, but I find the series so fascinating that I'm always thinking of more discussions.

So, the discussion is:

What are your three most favorite Final Fantasy games from the entire series? (Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles, Legends I, II, III, Mystic Quest, etc are included)

My reply:

Well, I find this simple as I've played so few of the series. But, out of the Final Fantasy games I've actually played, I'd have to say-

#1 Final Fantasy IX
#2 Final Fantasy I
#3 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

As you can see, I favor the mideval themed games of the Final Fantasy series because that is what the Final Fantasy series was all about. Final Fantasy IX was all about bringing Final Fantasy back to it's roots to mideval lore and fantasy, while retaining some aspects about latter FF games. Overall, I find it my 1st Place because it was the last attempt to bring Final Fantasy back to the way it was, even though it failed. The original Final Fantasy was what started it all. With a simple plot, great job classes, excellent story, Final Fantasy I easily is my 2nd Place. How can you like the Final Fantasy series and not like the original? Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles because it brought back the crystal, again. The races were cool, the music was out of this world, and the enemies were well done. I like all aspects of this game. Also, Stiltzkin returns! Can I say H*ll yeah?! It earns my spot at 3rd Place for being such a great game. I've also had my eye on Final Fantasy III because it looks like it will be a successful game. If it is as good as it looks, it will replace CC as my 3rd Place.

Last edited:
Legends I, II, III, Mystic Quest, etc are included)

But nobody should pick them :D Anyway.

1 VII
1a VI
2 IX
3 X

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Mine are...
1. X- first I played! So it is reponsible for my love of the series!
2. VII
3. VI- looks dated but is so good! can't wait for the remake!

Last edited:

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
1st X (because of aeons)
2nd X-2 (because of Leblanc)
3rd I haven't played any more but I like Kingdom Hearts(it is from Square-Enix)

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Bulbatordile said:
looks dated but is so good! can't wait for the remake!

Good, I'm not the only one who knows a Final Fantasy VI remake is underway. Same goes for Final Fantasies III and V.

IcyKerpymon said:
3rd I haven't played any more but I like Kingdom Hearts(it is from Square-Enix)

Kingdom Hearts doesn't count.

Lord Cacho

Ragle Fragle
Ok, Ohtachi you've caught my attention. Favorite Final Fantasys Ummm.

1.IX-This game compleatly blew me away. I for one have played all the games starting from 1 to x-2. Before i played IX, my favorite was VII and nobody could tell me different. 2 hours through IX i had a new favorite. I'm one of those suckers for a good story, and IX had the best in my opinion, story of every final fantasy out there. The caracters were amazing, and the graphics were great for the time. Not to mention it reintroduced the playing as a non-human caracteristic. All in all my favorite game of all time.

2. Final Fantasy X- This was the first game i got for PS2. And is the one with the most hours in. i've successfully attained every secret/everything in this game. It was so fun it had me comming back for more. Also i loved Auron. He was awesome.

3. Final Fantasy VII- Probably the most loved game of the seris, and for good reasons too. It was the most revolutionary game on the PS1, and the graphics were something amazing when they came out. THe story line is terrific, and the caracters are great. It's also very dark and gloomy in some parts giving it a little more flair.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Lord Cacho said:
1.IX-This game compleatly blew me away. I for one have played all the games starting from 1 to x-2. Before i played IX, my favorite was VII and nobody could tell me different. 2 hours through IX i had a new favorite. I'm one of those suckers for a good story, and IX had the best in my opinion, story of every final fantasy out there. The caracters were amazing, and the graphics were great for the time. Not to mention it reintroduced the playing as a non-human caracteristic. All in all my favorite game of all time.

I agree whole heartedly. I'm surprised you didn't list any of the earlier Final Fantasies as any of your favorites. Then again, IX does take good qualities from the newer games, too.

Lord Cacho

Ragle Fragle
Well even though their great i do like those three more then any others. If i had to, i'd say VI was tied for third because i loved the whole esper thing. Also the characters were great too.

Ohtachi said:
They may if they really like them. But I haven't played them. Too old and hard to find anyways.

I have played them, and the blow hard. I know about the remakes also.

III
V
VI
VII
are all being remade.

Nylf

It's related to Final Fantasy in the same way as Chocobo Racing and Ehrgeiz. It's made by Squaresoft/Square-Enix, and it contains FF characters, but it isn't actually a Final Fantasy.

My list:

1) FFVII(Best game I ever played)
2) FFIX(Second best game I ever played)
3) FFX(Third best game I ever played)

I liked them all for the same reasons: plot, Summons, battle system and characters. All their characters were original(Vivi, Nanaki, RedXIII, Zidane, Vincent, Kimahri, Tidus, Sara, Eiko, Yuna, Sephiroth and Auron all top my list of best characters ever), the plots were deep enough to be completely sucked into, the Summons were all awesome(see sig, the only reason FFVII Bahamut, Neo Bahamut and BahamutZERO ain't there is it's hard to find good graphics of them that aren't fan art or models). Also, they all had lines that stand very hard in my mind, for differant reasons.

"Ooh, soft" from FFIX, where Zidane 'accidentally' puts his hand on Sara, at the time Dagger,'s behind. It stands out because I find it funny that their romance story truly begun with that single moment. Where he touched her ***. I mean seriously, 'ooh, soft' isn't what you'd like one of the first compliments to your true love to be would it?

"Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking" Tifa to Cloud, in the Tifa preferance game. I dunno, it's just one of those lines I like.

I can't quite remember the exact line in FFX that I want, but it was where Yuna and the others defeat Yunalesca, and Yunalesca says that they've taken Spira's last hope. It just got me thinking, is false hope really any better than no hope? Y'know, that dialogue just made you think. Pity I can't remember it exactly.

So yeah, FFVII edges first, FFIX in second and FFX right behind in third. It was a very close choice though, as before I get past Disc 1 of FFVII, FFIX was my favourite. Then I got past Disc 1, and the plot of FFVII blew me away. So many twists, it was like nothing I'd ever played before. I love twisty turny stories.

Not that FFIX lacked twists, but some of the twists were anti-climatic. And FFX, well, yeah it too was twisty, but the twists were too well flowed together. I like being in the state of mind where you find a twist unbelievable. FFVII had a lot of those, FFIX had a good few, and FFX's weren't that much until about Bevelle, then they slowed down again.

Last edited:

Lord Cacho

Ragle Fragle
I really cant wait for the remakes to be out. VI will blow me away, and should be awesome. Also i'm looking forward to VII, as i did like the first one , and with PS3 graphics should make it alot better. That is if it does come out. I hope it does, but there is still a lot of speculation. Ohh and i did play mystic quest and it wasn't badddddd, but it wasn't very good.

Last edited:
Than we disagree, I found NO redeeming qualities of Mystic Quest. At least Legends was ok.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Lord Cacho said:
I really cant wait for the remakes to be out. VI will blow me away, and should be awesome. Also i'm looking forward to VII, as i did like the first one , and with PS3 graphics should make it alot better. Ohh and i did play mystic quest and it wasn't badddddd, but it wasn't very good.

Did you read my last post? Anyways, the following games are being remade:

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI

Two of them are worth it. One isn't. You may assume the latter.

Lord Cacho

Ragle Fragle
I edited it before i saw you reposted, because i remembered that it most likly wouldn't come out which is a shame.