• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Top Ten Animes.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Updated list. Major changes from last time.

1. Clannad: After Story
2. FLCL
3. Violet Evergarden
4. Dr. Stone
5. Love Live: Sunshine
6. One Punch Man
7. Kanon
8. K-ON!
9. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
10. Kiki's Delivery Service

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
1. Steins;Gate and Cowboy Bebop
2. Ashita no Joe 2
3. Hunter X Hunter (2011)
4. Monogatari series
5. Cross Game
6. Monster
7. Gintama
8. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
9. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
10. Haikyuu
11. The Tatami Galaxy
12. Neon Genesis Evangelion
13. Princess Mononoke
14. Spice and Wolf
15. Fate/Zero
16. Vinland Saga
17. Run with the Wind
18. Katanagatari

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Picking 10 is very hard, especially since I've watched a lot of really good series, but I'll try to pick 10

1. Pokemon, I don't think I need to explain why, the anime that I still watch, even though it's not epic and high in the rankings, it will be in the first place for me in my overall ranking Pokemon has 3rd place
2. Dragon Ball - Also childhood and I liked this fighting game and still do. Maybe Super and it was bad but I liked it, I'm glad that I could grow up with Goku
3. Digimon - Except Adventure 2020 reboot because it doesn't exist. A great series, a lot of deep characters and thoughts, and the Tamers series is a masterpiece
4. Wolfs Rain - Epic anime, I love wolves very much so it was the perfect anime for me, it touches a lot of important characters and the antagonist. Ova doesn't exist
5. Seitokai Yakuindomo - Perfect anime, even mastery, perfect humor, well-created heroes, I cried when the manga ended. One of the series I miss so much
6. Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san - The perfect anime to rest without any unnecessary subtexts and cute, rest about work and a lovely Kitsune, what more could you want
7. Spice and Wolf - Another good anime, it was fun to watch, it shows the important aspects of life and a little romance, what more could you want, did I mention that Holo is cute?
8. Danmachi - I love this series, references to mythology and the Gods themselves and the dungeons themselves, interesting and good, even though it is average for many, I love this series
9. Clannad - The whole series and the most important 2 part of such a realistic anime I haven't seen for a long time and emotions and discussions, I cried in one episode, I thought Mufasa's death was the worst, it wasn't. A beautiful series, it's a pity that the anime about a person with disabilities turned out badly for them, because it had a chance to beat Clannad
10. Summer Time Rendering - Great anime, Higurashi beat in my ranking, the emotions of the characters of the riddle are just a mastery of this realism and the ending of the episodes you wanted more

Morax

King of heroes
9. Clannad - The whole series and the most important 2 part of such a realistic anime I haven't seen for a long time and emotions and discussions, I cried in one episode, I thought Mufasa's death was the worst, it wasn't. A beautiful series, it's a pity that the anime about a person with disabilities turned out badly for them, because it had a chance to beat Clannad
Thoughts on nagisa?

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
No, I'm asking what are your thoughts on Nagisa as a character. The ideal nadeshiko <3
Ah, sorry I misunderstood. Personally, I think she's a great character. It was perfect when she was let in by Tomoya and almost confessed her love to the girl. A really perfect and cool character and a friendship with her would be worth gold

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Only anime series?? I will include movies since I saw no distinction in the first post.

Top 10 in no particular order
  1. Erased
  2. Porco Rosso
  3. Hyouka
  4. Voltron
  5. Pokemon
  6. Your name
  7. The Wind Rises
  8. Weathering With You
  9. The Princess and The Pilot
  10. Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Last edited:

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
1. Kimi no Na Wa
2. 5cm per second
3. Naruto/Boruto
5. Code Geass
6. Pokemon AG/XYZ
7. Dragon Ball Super: Broly
8. This Place Promised in our Early Days
9. Initial D
10. Crush Gear Nitro

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Ok so a few changes in my list from the last time.

1. Oregairu. I know it was at 8th last time but after a rewatch and reading the light novel it became my most favorite anime of all time. <3

2. Fmab. Not a no. 1 this time but still one of my favorite

3. Attack on titan

4. HunterxHunter. A new addition to my list. Could've been higher up in the list if I didn't already watch the above mentioned anime and wasn't biased.

5.Jujutsu Kaisen

6. Haikyuu.

7. Kaguya sama

8. Steins Gate

9. Hyouka

10. Violet Evergarden

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
1.Cowboy Bebop
2.Monster
3.Dragon Ball Z
4.Yu Yu Hakusho
5.One Punch Man
6.Naruto Shippuden
7.Dragon Ball
8.Naruto
9.Samurai Champloo
10.Vinland Saga
-------------------------------
11.Rurouni Kenshin
12.Black Lagoon
13.Death Note
14.Berserk
15.Attack on Titan
16.Fist of the North Star
17.Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
18.Psycho-Pass
19.The Big O
20.Space Dandy

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
1. Gintama
2. Shingeki no kyojin
3. Kaguya-sama
4. Code Geass
5. Hunter x Hunter
6. Nana
7. Ashita no Joe
8. Jojo
9. Fruits Basket
10. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Really now?
Yes really especially after numerous rewatches. If the anime ending is as bad then I'll accordingly rework it but for now, the whole "haha the ending sucked so I'll mock anyone who enjoys AoT" is stale and stupid. Also I don't need to hear this from a Midpiece enjoyer

Morax

King of heroes
Yes really especially after numerous rewatches. If the anime ending is as bad then I'll accordingly rework it but for now, the whole "haha the ending sucked so I'll mock anyone who enjoys AoT" is stale and stupid. Also I don't need to hear this from a Midpiece enjoyer
A bad ending ruins everything that came before. You can't blame people for hating SnK after all that investment and build-up amounted to nothing.

Oda is a superior writer to isayama

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
So far Hunter x Hunter and Bleach are the only anime that didn't live up to the hype for me. OPM exceeded it and FMA Brotherhood was good enough to make my top 20.

My list would look much different if I went strictly off best anime I've ever seen instead of favorite anime.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
A bad ending ruins everything that came before. You can't blame people for hating SnK after all that investment and build-up amounted to nothing.

Oda is a superior writer to isayama
Ask Oda to learn how to actually kill his characters for a start. And really, Wano left a very poor taste in my mouth. His post timeskip arcs seem to have a recurring issue of dragging on with too much happening and yet not much happening at the same time (Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, WCI and especially Wano all have this issue). How'd he manage to rush and give Kaido such an underwhelming backstory and rush the Luffy vs Kaido finale while also dragging the hell out of the snoozefest raid. I only enjoyed the Oden stuff and a bit of act 1.

I dislike the ending to AoT's manga as well, but the anime adaptation is easily the superior way to experience AoT (even Isayama encourages people to watch the anime), and I love everything adapted till date too much to go "oh bUt tHe mAnGa". I have faith that the anime will be able to improve on the ending to an extent that it won't be as hated.

Morax

King of heroes
Ask Oda to learn how to actually kill his characters for a start
Merry? Ace?
His post timeskip arcs seem to have a recurring issue of dragging on with too much happening and yet not much happening at the same time (Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, WCI and especially Wano all have this issue)
I suppose that seems like an issue when you're reading it on a weekly basis? Really, these arcs are no different than dressross or thriller bark. The only difference is now you had to wait 7 days for one chapter.
How'd he manage to rush and give Kaido such an underwhelming backstory and rush the Luffy vs Kaido finale while also dragging the hell out of the snoozefest raid
Won't deny that. Kaido was too much hype too little substance.