• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your Top Ten Animes.

KenKong

That one guy...
My top Five
1. Naruto Shippuden
2. Fullometal Alchemist Brotherhood
3. Ruroni Kenshin
4. Trigun
5. Mushi-Shi

GhostlyMaiden

Old User: OtakuGamer
1. Attack On Titan
2. Evangelion
3. Madoka Magica (PMMM)
4. Kill La Kill
5. Mirai Nikki
6. Elfen Lied
7. Soul Eater
8. Rin daughters of mnemosyne
9.Black Butler
10. Blue Exorcist

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
1.Dragon ball Z
2.original YuGiOh
3.original pokemon (the new pokemon sucks though...)
4.beyblade
5.shaman king

Last edited:

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
My Top 10:

1. Death Note
2. Pokemon Series
3. DBZ Series
4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
5. Cowboy Bebop
6. Yu Yu Hakusho
7. Soul Eater
8. Samurai Champloo
9. FLCL
10. Attack on Titan

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Steins;Gate
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wa Bokutachi wo Mada Shiranai
Fate / Zero
Clannad (After Story)
Toradora!
Figured I'd update this list because I've seen quite a bit of anime since then.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Fate/Zero
Little Busters! ~Refrain~
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mawaru Penguindrum
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (R2)
Clannad (After Story)
Steins;Gate
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Zazie

So 1991
No particular order, subject to change:

Sailor Moon (at least the first 2 seasons not sure about the rest)
Shin Chan
Negima!
Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo/Universe
Case Closed
Ranma 1/2
Kodocha
Cowboy Bebop
Slayers

Time to vastly change this list, still no order:

Kimagure Orange Road
Urusei Yatsura
Negima!?
Ranma 1/2
Magic User's Club
Here is Greenwood
Project A-Ko
Bubblegum Crisis
Tonari No Seki Kun
School Rumble!

Only 1 anime in common with the last one. I don't even really like one or two of the anime in the previous list anymore.

Last edited:

Kiniest

Alright, so, my list changes every now and then as the years pass and I watch new shows, but for now, here's my current top ten:

10. Digimon Adventure

- This is a bit of an unfair position, since it's been years since I've watched the show, and my impression will surely change if I watch it again, but this is a blissful, friendly episodic show that, though it might have been a bit silly at times, remains my favorite kid's show to this day. I've never actually watched the dubbed version.

9. Monogatari Second Season

- Akiyuki Shinbou's style and Nisio Isin's wit created Bakemonogatari, which was an intriguing watch because of its clean implementation of magical realism into the focal point of its story. This gets fantastic in Second Season, where the characters are all given their individual arcs and can't rely on Araragi to help them deal with their problems anymore. Nadeko and Kaiki's arcs take characters that were previously no more than archetypes and develops them in an unexpected and unconventional manner - like the best gift under the tree.

8. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)

- Take the journey of two brothers that commit a grave sin for the pursuit of happiness and you get a 51 episode epic about how the road to hell is paved by good intentions. Then take the wittiful concept of equivalent exchange from Arakawa herself and create its antithesis. You ultimately get a cathartic tale about two boys who aren't necessarily redeeming themselves, but are simply trying to undo their mistakes in the same manner that they tried to undo their mother's death - and how they really only have each other when it boils down to it. Pure brilliance.

7. Chihayafuru

- Anything can be a passion. Even a card game about poems. People might not be able to see what that passion is, especially when it's something minor, and just call it obsession or hobby. I love passion. I respect passionate people: sports lovers, anime lovers, video game lovers - you name it. This show reinvigorates the feeling of passion extremely well, and is plain fun to watch all the while. The card game looks fun because Chihaya truly loves it. Passion can be stronger than the face of love - or can create that face.

6. Mimi wo Sumaseba

- I just plain relate to this. It's about a girl trying to find her path in life while others scorn her when the mistake her lack of motivation and drive for laziness. As a writer, myself, I am always inspired to watch the events of the movie take place - it legitimately makes me feel like I can really do anything I'm passionate for. People mistake going against conventions for angst when you're you're young. But that's when you truly prepare for your dream - why should you give up in the face of society because everyone else is cynical and unmotivated about the world?

5. Shinsekai Yori

- Slow and steady, this series seems to lack impact at first - but every little hint to the world's composition makes the story grow ever more frightening as the realities of those things come out. This show is scary - and the most frightening thing about it is that there's nobody to really blame for the events that occur.

4. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

- Chimera Ant Arc anybody?

3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

- Free spirited and genuine; this show is never pretentious. This is definitely one of the funnest things I've ever watched. Why should a simple tale of people coming out from the underground and eventually reaching outer space be so high on my list? It's not deep or symbolic, nor is it complexly written. It's free. Free from the arrogant air that most shows have about themselves - indeed, why is Kamina standing up against the big machine with just a sword? It's Kamina - he doesn't have to be logical! Instead of trying to be witty, or trying to set up a set of rules that should be followed, or get mad at itself for not being good enough at times, it laughs at the face of writing structure and does what it wants, because a story doesn't have to be perfect, and if it's fun - truly, genuinely fun - why should I care if it has flaws? It doesn't act like it doesn't, it just doesn't throw a fit when people scream that it does!

2. Nana

- The character chemistry is like a fireworks display - every character is defined as a human being, and each individual has a complex relationship with the others. There are no stock characters or static characters for the sake of forcing any events or emotions onto the series. There's just a whole bunch of life going on, here. And life is life - tough. When the actual drama begins to happen, you have a feeling of inevitability and helplessness that you should have, rather than just getting angry at the characters for screwing up. And believe me, they do screw up. Nana is one of the most emotionally powerful experiences in anime, and I wouldn't give that claim to any other title. Not even a Jun Maeda piece.

1. Kill la Kill

- Take Gurren Lagann, add in even more fun, some style, and an even greater sense of absolute freedom, and you have Kill la Kill. Just - if you didn't have fun with this show, I'm sorry, but I legitimately think this is a masterpiece. How many shows can have so much control over themselves without seeming to have any control at all? How many shows are so free of pretension that you never feel bothered by the show's endless amount of risks? Writing is writing - it doesn't have to follow a jackhammer set of rules just because people determined what was okay to write and what wasn't. This show does its best to remind you to be creative and do what you want - so long as you're having fun and aren't being a jerk doing so. This show is like that nice breeze you feel after the end of the school year - relief. Yes, anime has been saved indeed.

Of 2013 (Only applies to the shows that ended in 2013)

1. Shinsekai Yori
2. Monogatari Series Second Season
3. Chihayafuru 2
4. Little Busters: Refrain
5. Psycho-Pass
6. Uchouten Kazoku
7. Yuyushiki
8. Aku no Hana
9. Servant x Service
10. OreGairu

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
My top ten anime (although I still have a lot to watch):

1. Code Geass (R1 more than R2, but I'll put them together)
2. Ponyo
3. Mushishi
4. Spirited Away
5. Hotarubi no Mori e
6. Angel Beats!
7. Princess Mononoke
8. Wolf Children
9. Only Yesterday
10. My Neighbour Totoro

Most of the stuff I watch is films, as you can see, but the list may change as I start to watch more series.

meraii

My top 10 anime series in no particular order:

1) Clannad
2) Code Geass
3) Full Metal Alchemist
4) Steins Gate
5) Gurren Lagann
6) Baccano
7) Tiger and Bunny
8) Hunter X Hunter (2011)
9) Silver Spoon
10) ...Durarara?

It's a toughie, I'm always seeing more that I really like. Its hard to limit it to ten. I also like Psycho Pass and Chihayafuru and Madoka Magica, and lord knows how many others.

Favourite anime film top 5:

1) Howls Moving Castle
2) The Cat Returns
3) Millennium Actress
4) Summer Wars
5) Perfect Blue

StrykerX7

TRUMPETS BE PRAISED
Here are my top 10 in no particular order:

- Monogatari Series: Second Season
- Bakemonogatari
- Nisemonogatari
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
- Death Note
- Attack on Titan
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
- Kill la Kill
- Log Horizon
- Noragami

Here's my top 3
1 Shinryaku! Ika Musume
2 K-ON!
3 Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation

Last edited:

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
My top ten (includes all seasons):

1. Pokemon
2. Full Metal Panic (definitely recommend this)
3. Dragonball
4. Highschool DxD
5. MM!
6. Demon King Daimao
7. Naruto (haven't watched for a while though)
8. Rumbling Hearts
9. One Piece (same as Naruto)
10. Yu-Gi-Oh (only original series)

I also used to enjoy watching Full Metal Alchemist, but after the episode where a scientist merges his own daughter with his dog just to keep his job, I couldn't watch anymore. That's just wrong and disgusting.

PrettyCuteGal

★Top Coordinator★
Oh!My favorite animes are:(in no particular order)
•Pokemon(Obviously >.>)
•Fairy Tail
•K-ON!!
•Date A Live
•Naruto Shippuden
•Nagi No Asukara
•Death Note
•Sword Art Online
•Shugo Chara
•One Piece

EzzPeon

just a passerby
Top five since from there on I don't have any particular favourites.

1. Natsume Yuujinchou
- This is really my thing, youkai and all. All 4 seasons were great.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Awesome storyline and characters. Watched it after I already
read the manga, didn't disappoint.
3. Azumanga Daioh
- It's hilarious, period.
4. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Feels. Also, that name.
5. Pokémon
- Mainly for nostalgia, though. Up until Advanced Generations.

naruto
bleach
fullmetal alchemist
katekyoushi hitman reborn
death note
fairy tail
ranma 1/2
& cardcaptor sakura

Uhhhh...

Currently, in no particular order:

Cowboy Bebop,
Gundam (As a whole),
D. Gray-Man,
Yu Yu Hakusho,
Full Metal Alchemist,
Case Closed,
Naruto,
Fooly Cooly,
Durarara,
Death Note.

swampsperts

Fight Fire with Fire
He's back again and it's 'bout time too! And this time, he's in the mood!

1. Ranma ½
2. Yu Yu Hakusho
3. Cardcaptor Sakura
4. Dragon Ball Z
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)
6. Toradora!
7. Berserk
8. Neon Genesis Evangelion
9. Azumanga Daioh!
10. Lupin III
11. Gintama
12. Trigun
13. Urusei Yatsura
14. Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
15. Kill La Kill
16. One Piece
17. Soul Eater
18. Lucky Star
19. FLCL
20. Sailor Moon
21. Tonari no Seki-kun
22. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
23. Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
24. My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy
25. Chobits