• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your un-expectedly strong, but under-estimated Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalpavac

Herp '3'
No questions for me, definitely Sawk! Doesn't seem anything special at first glance but when it's used properly, WOW.

I beat endless amounts of opponents (not really but still) using Sawk, for me he, with stone edge and close combat, is incredibly under-rated.

Mr.FusRoDah

No questions for me, definitely Sawk! Doesn't seem anything special at first glance but when it's used properly, WOW.

I beat endless amounts of opponents (not really but still) using Sawk, for me he, with stone edge and close combat, is incredibly under-rated.

YES! I kept my first Sawk. He is a beast with a rocky helmet. Lol.

stevendat

Wandering Demon
For me it's Druddigon. High attack stat and good defenses so he can usually take around 2-3 hits. Outrage for a stronge stab move and his low speed lets it hit last for so revenge does 120 power. These's glare to throw around paralysis and night slash to help fight off psychic and ghost types. But most importantly though is his rough skin and rocky helmet combo to knock off a good chunk of the opponents hp, if they're physical attackers, then finish them off with a strong attack.

I'm really suprised nobody else uses this combo or at least mentions it as a possible strategy.

Last edited:

StatusCondition

Smile, N wubs you!
Well, through recent training I have discovered that a non-drought Ninetales can be really useful if given the correct movepool and nature.

Pokeparadox

Let it rip!
Starly...
He,he,he,he.
I don't know if crobat is underestimated but mines quite strong

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Lairon. With good prediction the little bugger is very hard to kill.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Regigigas…

…with support from Smeargle.

Le_Juston

One day at a time.
Another amazing pokemon. Raikou. He always seems to take down at least 2 of my opponents pokemon, assuming my toxicroak doesn't get them first.

Yzpo Z.

FlyingPokemonMaster
I always thought fearow was underclassed because of how frail it gets, well I loved fearow from the beginning and before ever starting to ev train, i was able to use him competitively before sniper came into effect. Now that it has sniper I love fearow even more. My old movepool for fearow was fly, leer, roost, and return. The movepool now is drill peck, drill run, return, and leer with sniper ability. So yeah, i was shocked for fearow.

Serah Farron

The Guardian Reaper
I would have to say my modest butterfree. Being a "starter" bug and a pest type bug it's shunned along with my venomoth. But with compound eyes butterfree is the best sleep power Pokemon. It still may not out run a lot of the new Pokemon but if I can get someone asleep, the new move quiver dance it can sweep almost flawlessly. Also given that fact it can learn dream eater sleep powder is its bet status move. Gotta love that butterfly

Yzpo Z.

FlyingPokemonMaster
I agree with Serah, I made a butterfree similar to this, but i gave it focus sash so it gets that extra hit, just in case it does get attacked. Butterfree became amazing with quiver dance. No No,,,,,butterfly dance lol.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I traded my Rapidash for my best friends Crobat, and I'm amazed at how well it works. I love it.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I always thought fearow was underclassed because of how frail it gets, well I loved fearow from the beginning and before ever starting to ev train, i was able to use him competitively before sniper came into effect. Now that it has sniper I love fearow even more. My old movepool for fearow was fly, leer, roost, and return. The movepool now is drill peck, drill run, return, and leer with sniper ability. So yeah, i was shocked for fearow.

AS with my original post, I totally agree with this. Fearow's design is cool, it's movepool is pretty good for being a Normal/flying type, and it's the only Pokemon I've used on two different teams; my FireRed team and my Crystal team. It's just plain badass.

Lanceakazam

Fencing + PKMN = ME
My Crobat (caught as Lvl. 2 Zubat) in Platinum was amazing! I trained him by battling wild Starlys (before I was aware about EV training) and was insanely surprised by his over-200 speed stat at Lvl. 40! HE WAS EPIC with Poison Fang, Fly, Confuse Ray and one other move that I now forget. Surprised he doesn't see more competitive play!

Nibble

Leafeon Lover
Leafeon, with a surprisingly high defense base stat it can really take a hit, and it can pack one too with it's high-ish base attack stat, a few swords dances and then leaf blade it can sweep through some strong teams.

Possibly the most versatile, underrated Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.