• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your un-expectedly strong, but under-estimated Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
My Calm Max Sp.def Slowking with Trick room and nasty Plot. Swept an entire team of 6 pokemon once with it. Not bad for an NU pokemon.

Lethal Llama

Random Trainer
I was somewhat pleasantly surprised by Drifblim and Clefable. I decided on an odd in-game run of Diamond with Drifblim, Gastrodon, Rampardos, Bronzong, Skuntank and Clefable. Drifblim is surprisingly fast and hits hard. Clefable is a bulky special attacker with a wide moveset (Thunder, Flamethrower, Magical Leaf and Cosmic Power). Both more than make up for my disappointingly lacklustre Rampardos.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Tropius. Thanks to a whole lot of effort put into its training, it can sweep the battle subway with ease.

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
Golurk.They are not aware of how good it is now with BW2.Rock polish and try the sweep, or use stealth rock while blocking rapid spin in the support side.pretty cool, huh?

and charizard.keep stealth rock away and its an awesome revenge killer.

MISSINGNO. rufflet_is_gag

Dark and bird lover
Every Pokémon in my teams. The species may suck in stats, but when it's mine it is a beast.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
Pidgey and Pidove carried me through Gen 4 and 5 more than most people would expect. I beat many gyms and E4 members with only my Normal/Flying types.

doodlebob

Right now, my Lillipup on Black is great.

I reset after it, but it managed to beat both of Cilan's Pokemon on it's own when it was only Level 10/11

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Here I was, thinking Regirock would screw my battle up but it turned out to be strong.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Another would be my Crobat. I knew it was fragile, but its raw firepower won me 3 battles yesterday. I owe this guy one.

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
My Golett, now Golurk, Braver on White. I knew he'd be strong when he evolved but even as a Golett, he was a killer. It was Braver who got me past both Elesa and Clay on my White run. Then there's my Golurk on Black, Riser. His Defense may not be the greatest but he can hold out and nail an in-game opponent like you wouldn't believe. When I start Black 2, Riser's going to be the first Pokemon I trade over, since I owe him so much.

ebevan91

Pidgey and Pidove carried me through Gen 4 and 5 more than most people would expect. I beat many gyms and E4 members with only my Normal/Flying types.

Staraptor + Close Combat = win

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
Scrafty. I've never used it before, but it was the most important part of my team during a Nuzlocke run on White. It had good defences, so it was able to take a few hits when needed, and a great ability in Moxie. Also, it has great type for taking on the elite four, so I was able to defeat them with only one casualty. It easily defeated N and Ghestis as well.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!

I never underestimate the regional birds. They might not do well in competitive play (with the exception of Staraptor), but they're great in-game by their final form.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
In competitive Nu matches, I've learned that Trick Room Beheeyem is a beast. Cinccino is surprisingly good, and that Muk is as awesome competitively as in regular playthroughs. (Seriously, use Muk, it is awesome and it gets wayyyyy too much hate.)

Cutty

Forever now
Another would be my Crobat. I knew it was fragile, but its raw firepower won me 3 battles yesterday. I owe this guy one.

Crobat FTW, heatwave is awesome.

Anyway, w/ the intoduction of Eviolite, Golbat can be unexpectedly strong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.