• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your views on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobbos

all you people are just ignorant and close minded. who cares if abortion is murder or not murder, when it comes down to it, just look the other way. the more and more people like you complain about stuff the more and more countries where abortions have certain laws fall apart. religion is no excuse for your ignorance or brainwashing ways either. believing in he11 is like believing in santa or the easter bunny. besides, the whole devil thing is a scare tactic (terrorism) to get people to fear deriving from what that sect believes is right. specially since satinology predates christianity. and look at it this way. religion has cause more blood shed then any other war or what have you combined. so just simply look the other way when something contradicts your beliefs, no one likes a stuck up prick.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I'm still failing to understand how being pro-life is forcing religion down people's throats, and since the only argument is"a fetus is not a person" I'm starting to think that the pro-choice side simply can't come up wiith something that's worth stating.
i don't know why you can't simply answer the question. this isn't some common sense concept that everybody agrees with.

tell me the relation. if you aren't going to debate, then that's fine too.

Every fertilized egg that is aborted IS murder.
so you then admit some women murder every month?

Think about it. What causes teens to engage in this activity? Well, lack of morals. What morals? Well, Christian morals in particular, considering that this was the dominating rubric in the times when America was mainly abstinent. What does media do? Entertainment in particular exposes children to concepts such as violence and sex from an early age. Instead of "Ewww!", Children become enticed by the apparent pleasure of adults and thus are sexually active at an earlier age. Don't you see? How a child grows up is everything! If a child is taught something while growing up, well, there is a higher chance that they will hold on to that belief as they get older. If a child grows up in the opinion that sex before marriage is okay, they will believe that. If a child grows up in the opinion that sex before marriage is NOT okay, they will believe that.
you are still ignoring liberal countries who are more open about sex and have less sexual related problems. when will you address that point? by the way, a lot of these countries are less christian than we are too. gee, maybe what you're suggesting is irrelevant possibly.

You're implying that abortion helps society. Where did this come from???

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/990812/abortion.shtml

i'm not saying it's necessarily true, but the concept isn't exactly 'out there'. it has worked in many cities, and it does logically make sense considering also statistically, children from single parent women do not exactly grow up to be great people. i'm sure you heard of what happens when kids don't grow up with a father.

If anything, abortion encourages even MORE sex because it gives women the option of a way out, thus making the problem worse and NOT AT ALL benefitting society.
i highly, highly suggest you read deku link's post. then, i highly suggest you research the actual abortion procedure and the risks that involve doing it. it is not something you can do over and over and over. it is more dangerous than giving birth.

Well, in a preacher's case, Hell. In my case (because you said I sounded like a preacher), choosing between murder and an iffy future.
'iffy future'. you mean the future of school and keeping a job? the future of actually improving your own life?

this isn't something that's simply guesstimated you know. it's a known fact that people who delay having children have more satisfying careers.

sgt.

What question? Why am I pro-life, is that the question? If it is it's because I do not support the killing of an innocent human. It may be inside the body of the mother but that does not make it part of the mothers body.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
the question was, how do you automatically link fetus with person?

Benzu 13

Getting Better?
all you people are just ignorant and close minded. who cares if abortion is murder or not murder, when it comes down to it, just look the other way. the more and more people like you complain about stuff the more and more countries where abortions have certain laws fall apart. religion is no excuse for your ignorance or brainwashing ways either. believing in he11 is like believing in santa or the easter bunny. besides, the whole devil thing is a scare tactic (terrorism) to get people to fear deriving from what that sect believes is right. specially since satinology predates christianity. and look at it this way. religion has cause more blood shed then any other war or what have you combined. so just simply look the other way when something contradicts your beliefs, no one likes a stuck up prick.

YOU sir, apparently do not have any morals. So you don't care if abortion IS murder, just look the other way?

And also, a little off topic but, your views on Christianity are skewed. You're using bloodshed as an offense to Christianity? Ever look up the 10 Commandments ... "Thou shalt not murder" ... so I don't give a darn about your so-called Christian fueled mass murder, because any Christian causing bloodshed is no Christian at all! And FWI, of COURSE satinology predates Christianity because Judaism taught the concept of Hell and Satan, and which predated Christianity thousands of years. Don't make offenses like these when your argument itself contains incomplete information.

Lucario God 1

Master of Lucario
It is part of society. For example, if you accidentally forget contraception, you may want abortion to happen. Also, rape needs it.

You know what some teens are like. My age group can be very... disturbing at times. My science teacher has told the same person off time and time again for going and messing with his gf. Now, chances are, the people that are like him that have gf's are likely to end up needing the help of aborting.

Banning it would be very bad for the population.

7 tyranitars

benzu you might feel that way, but you have no right to force other people to agree with you, if you did that.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
any Christian causing bloodshed is no Christian at all!

Ahh, the good ol' No True Scotsman fallacy. By the way, the Bible itself has a ton of bloodshed sanctioned directly by God. It seems somewhat tough to tell whether the commandment means "thou shalt not kill, period" or "thou shalt not kill unless God says so". Leviticus 20:13 says to put homosexuals to death, and that's just one example. So clearly, "thou shalt not kill" goes a bit deeper, and could be interpreted to mean "thou shalt only kill enemies of God". Just saying.

I agree that saying "who cares if it's murder" is just plain stupid, because that's only one step away from "screw the facts, I'm right!" and I swear to god nothing annoys me more than that mentality. I don't believe it's murder for reasons already outlined in this thread, but I'm not getting too deep into this debate again. I just wanted to point this out.

Tommi

Too many good points to make it illegal really.

I think it's good, but I know a few girls who rely on it too much. They have sex, unprotected, and if they get pregnant, they go and have an abortion. These females, I believe, shouldn't have abortions if they don't bother to have protected sex. Thing is, too many abortions will mess up your system for life.

Benzu 13

Getting Better?
It is part of society. For example, if you accidentally forget contraception, you may want abortion to happen.

I've made myself clear before, but I'm not sure you were around while I gave my matter on things.

Women who need abortion got themselves into it in the first place because they are W H O R E S. I do not care about what is standard for today's society. I believe that a baby in captivity of the mother is like a slave in captivity of its master, it is wrong for the person with the power to kill to do so. It doesn't matter if the baby isn't conscious when you kill it, because nevertheless you are killing its future, depraving it of a life that it deserved. As long as abortion exists, more and more women are drawn the the allure of pre-marital sex, which is not just bad for my morals, but is one small factor degenerating society. And thus, any woman who would sacrifice her offspring's life for her own conveniance hardly deserves the gift of life bestowed upon her during birth.

Also, rape needs it.

No, it doesn't. This is just the woman wanting to erase the problem entirely. It doesn't change the fact that she will kill an innocent baby. You can't kill somebody because their father was a bad person.

Leviticus 20:13: " 'If a man sleeps lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' "

So clearly, "thou shalt not kill" goes a bit deeper, and could be interpreted to mean "thou shalt only kill enemies of God". Just saying.

Well, unfortunately my knowledge of the Bible is limited, so I can't come up with an exact response to this (and don't for one second believe that Christianity doesn't have an answer to this, just that I am not an ambassador). But what I DO know was that this was written by Moses in the Torah, the faith of Judaism. But what is clearly stated in the New Testament is that Jesus is greater than Moses and that the New Testament completed and abolished the Old Covenant. I would say that if Christians were supposed to kill enemies of God, then I would have read a lot more stories about murder in the Gospel.

benzu you might feel that way, but you have no right to force other people to agree with you, if you did that.

An opinion is something that differs from person to person. It's something like, "What's your favorite color?" Or "What food do you like?" Or "What's your favorite sport?" The point in an opinion is that it changes between people, as there are no right or wrong answers, just different preferations.

You start to build to something the slope of Abortion. It's not an opinion anymore. Aborters don't believe that they're murdering, because they don't WANT to believe. There is absolutely no justification for senseless murder. Now, if somebody says, "I don't take life even if I want to", and another person says, "I like to kill if it's legal". This is no longer a preferation, it's much bigger. There IS a WRONG answer, and that wrong answer is abortion.

Banning it would be very bad for the population.

Nope. Just the population that is given inconveniance. Why don't you ask a kid who was going to be aborted if he still is up for dying?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
They have sex, unprotected, and if they get pregnant, they go and have an abortion.
how many? have they had one yet? i'm curious about this story.

Women who need abortion got themselves into it in the first place because they are W H O R E S.
so women who have sex with their boyfriends only are *****s?

any woman who would sacrifice her offspring's life for her own conveniance hardly deserves the gift of life bestowed upon her during birth.
so then.. you agree with abortion?

But what is clearly stated in the New Testament is that Jesus is greater than Moses and that the New Testament completed and abolished the Old Covenant.

(Matt. 5:17), "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."

There is absolutely no justification for senseless murder.
another sneaky debate tactic. you haven't actually proven its murder yet. going around throwing this isn't going to give you the upper-hand in the argument or anything.

Just the population that is given inconveniance.
pretty much women, which is pretty much their children, which pretty much continues the cycle.

which is a large population i might add.

Why don't you ask a kid who was going to be aborted if he still is up for dying?
why not ask the fetus instead?

also i think you would find it interesting to know that banning abortion does not actually lower abortion rates.

mewoxeys

i disagree on abortion greatly
if i made a mistake i would keep the baby(im a dude im putting this on a what if basis)
just because someone made a mistake doesnt mean that its right to kill a living thing

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Fiiiiine, I'll throw my hat in the ring again.

Women who need abortion got themselves into it in the first place because they are W H O R E S.

Haha yep those ****ty rape victims, those whorish women who only ever slept with one person, those prostitutes dumb enough to use a condom that broke or pill that failed, they all deserve everything they get!

Generalizations, especially on a matter like this, are disgusting.

I do not care about what is standard for today's society. I believe that a baby in captivity of the mother is like a slave in captivity of its master

Is that seriously the best analogy you could come up with? The mother's equivalent to a slavedriver now?

it is wrong for the person with the power to kill to do so.

But just beating it's all right as long as they don't die immediately? Again, 'tis in your Bible.

You have not established that the fetus is a person with legal standing, pal.

It doesn't matter if the baby isn't conscious when you kill it, because nevertheless you are killing its future, depraving it of a life that it deserved.

Scare words don't make your argument any more valid.

A fetus before the second trimester doesn't have a brain. It can't move. It can't think. It can't even feel anything around it. Removing it from the womb is like destroying a tumor or removing a tapeworm, except I'm pretty sure the tapeworm has more capacity to feel pain and understand what's going on as it dies.

As long as abortion exists, more and more women are drawn the the allure of pre-marital sex

Do you really think abortion is some pleasant kind of event akin to getting a haircut? It's not something anyone would want to go through if they have the choice to avoid it through, say, safe sex or waiting until they're sure they're ready. Abortion should be used as a last resort, not as a replacement to birth control - if birth control fails or wasn't an option in the situation (such as rape), then there's abortion.

which is not just bad for my morals

Keyword here is "your morals". Some people don't believe in marriage or don't want to get married; some people don't share your belief in "only have sex inside of marriage".

but is one small factor degenerating society.

Yes, it's people doing the dew outside of marriage that's ruining society.

And thus, any woman who would sacrifice her offspring's life for her own conveniance hardly deserves the gift of life bestowed upon her during birth.

Did you think that statement through at all? She doesn't want the "gift of life bestowed upon her during birth" in the first place. That's why she wants an abortion.

No, it doesn't. This is just the woman wanting to erase the problem entirely.

Let's try your emotional plea game here.

She got freaking raped. Through no fault of her own, she is now carrying around a parasite for nine months, which will negatively impact her health, remind her of the horrific event she had to experience that day, cost her money for the increased amount of food she'll have to eat to keep the fetus alive during those nine months, may cause health problems such as mourning sickness or malnutrition, and culminate in a process that is not only incredibly painful, but expensive (giving birth in a hospital isn't free, it can cost thousands of dollars - if you want to give birth at home, then I hope you have a nurse around to keep you from dying if anything goes wrong, because if that kid needs a C-section they're both ****ed), all to either take care of the child for eighteen more years or give it to an overcrowded adoption center where it may not even get adopted, especially, so the statistics say, if it's not white (and that's assuming there are no complications resulting in the mother's death or a "spontaneous abortion" aka miscarriage)... and you want to put her through all this (remember, she did absolutely nothing to deserve this) because you think the clump of cells that are sapping nutrients from her are worth more than the mother herself?

You have no right to claim the moral high ground here.

It doesn't change the fact that she will kill an innocent baby.

It is not a baby until it comes out of her womb. Until then, it is a fetus. This is the equivalent of getting rid of your five-page, unfinished manuscript and calling it book burning.

Well, unfortunately my knowledge of the Bible is limited, so I can't come up with an exact response to this (and don't for one second believe that Christianity doesn't have an answer to this, just that I am not an ambassador).

You know, I'd think that you'd try to learn a bit more about the Bible before deciding to follow its teachings for your entire life.

Just sayin'.

But what I DO know was that this was written by Moses in the Torah, the faith of Judaism. But what is clearly stated in the New Testament is that Jesus is greater than Moses and that the New Testament completed and abolished the Old Covenant.

Matthew 5:17.

Aborters don't believe that they're murdering, because they don't WANT to believe.

"You know I'm right, you just don't want to admit it!" What sheer arrogance it must take to be able to say something like that.

There is absolutely no justification for senseless murder.

Instead of acting like it's obvious that fetuses are considered legal people, why don't you try to prove it?

Now, if somebody says, "I don't take life even if I want to", and another person says, "I like to kill if it's legal".

Hurr people totally like having abortions.

No. There's a difference between "I support the right to have abortions" and "I like having abortions".
"I believe women should have the right to abort" is an opinion.
"I do not believe women should have the right to abort" is an opinion.
"I believe killing is wrong" is an opinion, as universally held as it is.
"I do not believe killing is wrong" is an opinion, as universally loathed as it may be.
"I like killing people" is a statement of fact.
"I do not like killing people" is a statement of fact.

Saying that "I like killing people" is a fact does not mean "killing people is okay" - it means that it's a fact that the peson saying it likes killing.

There IS a WRONG answer, and that wrong answer is abortion.

Once again, it is only a wrong answer if it is a concrete, provable fact that it's a wrong answer. Prove to me that abortion is the wrong answer, and I'll agree with you.

Nope. Just the population that is given inconveniance.

Which by extension affects pretty much everyone, as GA pointed out.

Why don't you ask a kid who was going to be aborted if he still is up for dying?

Why don't you cut out the emotional pleas? At that point the kid is a living being, who no longer leeches directly off his mother for sustenance and who now has legal status as a human. The kid is now a functioning member of society, who can comprehend pain, understand what is happening around him, and communicate his feelings on what's going on.

It's pretty ironic that everyone who supports abortion is already alive. If you were in a temporary coma and therefore had no say in what happened to you, is it any less right for someone to murder you than for a fetus who has no say in what happens to it to be murdered? Saying an unborn child is not a human is like saying a mute adult is not human.

One could debate the if a unborn child is a human or not. I could equally debate whether you or I are human with "legal standing"

Last edited:

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Your signature is one of the most obnoxious things.

It's pretty ironic that everyone who supports abortion is already alive.

Haaaaa let's pull out a tired cliche instead of an argument. It's pretty ironic that everyone who supports birth control was born. Your point? Or do you oppose that too?

Clearly, the fact that I am alive and living with my biological parents right now means that they wanted to give birth to me. If they had wanted to abort me, then that would have been their right. Seeing as they didn't, however, this point seems rather moot.

If you were in a temporary coma and therefore had no say in what happened to you, is it any less right for someone to murder you than for a fetus who has no say in what happens to it to be murdered?

So many things wrong with this. First off, if it was a temporary coma, that's different from being a fetus, because a) you're outside of the womb, b) you're not feeding directly off someone else's body, and c) you have legal standing as a human. Second, let's assume, for your sake this time since this may be closer to your point. It would depend on the case - if the person is at a Terry Schiavo-like state of being, where their brain has basically been replaced with liquid and keeping them on life-support machines is the equivalent of keeping a corpse from rotting, then it'd probably be for the best. But, again, people in such a state are not directly leeching off someone else in order to live. An even closer analogy may be, say, a parasite.

Saying an unborn child is not a human is like saying a mute adult is not human.

Legal standing as a human, still able to communicate through other means, able to feel pain, able to understand the environment and what's going on around them... there's countless reasons this is not a valid analogy.

Oh hey, you edited!

One could debate the if a unborn child is a human or not. I could equally debate whether you or I are human with "legal standing"

You could try, but it wouldn't work too well.

- You and I have legal standing as humans according to the law
- You and I have been born
- You and I are able to communicate displeasure or desires
- You and I are able to feel pain and comprehend what's happening around us
- You and I are able to understand our environment
- You and I are not leeching directly off another living human
- You and I are able to contribute to society
- You and I are so awfully different

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
I guess I'm sort of in the middle about abortion. I do think that women who use abortion because they just don't care about having safe sex and think it's a great way to have their fun and not worry about consequences aren't doing the right thing at all. At the same time, though, I think people who literally can't afford a baby or can't risk pregnancy at the moment deserve the right to choose abortion, no matter what people personally think of it.

Though cases of rape, a mother's health or the baby's health lead to about seven percent of abortions (according to the link here, though I can't say how accurate it may or may not be), that's still a valid reason in my opinion to have one. If a women was raped by a man or if she would die from having the child, I think abortion SHOULD be an option for them. They shouldn't be forced to die or suffer legally for choosing their own life, or be forced to let a man who raped them's child grow inside their own body. They deserve the option of having the child removed in those situations. If they decide to choose "the right or wrong option" according to how you may think is their choice afterwards.

I just think that saying, "Well, this is bad, so you can't do it" isn't fair to women who rightfully deserve an option. It's their body, and being pregnant must be a horribly scary experience. Especially if you're really young (I've known 6th graders who've had children), could or will die from having the child, etc. I'm not saying I agree that abortion is or isn't murder, just that no matter what, women have the right to do to their body whatever they choose. You shouldn't be able to force someone to go through a bad experience or force them to die for something in their body just because you dislike the choice they'd be making.

They at least deserve the option in my opinion. Whether or not they go through with it is their choice, and whether or not their choice is "bad" is your opinion.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I guess I'm sort of in the middle about abortion.
judging from your post.. you are actually pro-choice lol.

this thread is unbelievable, rofl

on the last page i posted a link to an article that explains how women don't use abortion as birth control
and at least 3 people since then have said in essence that they are against abortion being used as birth control...

seriously, pro-choicers, stop being so insecure in your beliefs
we don't have to justify our position every time we speak by saying we're against a practice that barely even exists

we don't have to justify our position every time we speak by saying we're against a practice that barely even exists
I wouldn't say that the practice barely even exists if 50 million abortions have been committed in the US alone since Roe vs. Wade.

- You and I have legal standing as humans according to the law
- You and I have been born
- You and I are able to communicate displeasure or desires
- You and I are able to feel pain and comprehend what's happening around us
- You and I are able to understand our environment
- You and I are not leeching directly off another living human
- You and I are able to contribute to society

I would like to ask where you came up with those criteria. While an unborn child is does not fit in to all of these, it will. I could just as easily argue that a human being is an entity that:
- Will have legal standing as humans according to the law
- Will have been born
- Will be able to communicate displeasure or desires
- Will be able to feel pain and comprehend what's happening around us
- Will be able to understand our environment
- Will not be leeching directly off another living human
- Will not be able to contribute to society

Ante Bellum American Slavery. Slaves did not have legal standing as humans. Does that mean that they are not human? OF COURSE THEY ARE HUMAN! Just as much human as you and me. 100 years from now, unborn children may have equal rights to humans. In fact in some countries such as Chile, Nicaragua, and the Dominican Republic, they already do!

At just 21 weeks a baby can be born and therefore would have legal standing as a human, and meet numerous other criteria on your list.
(http://www.nysun.com/national/youngest-premature-babys-survival-called-a-miracle/49036/)

The one thing that really makes me angry about abortion, is that the vast majority of abortions could be circumvented by simply giving the child up for adoption.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!

We all have our opinions to say if abortion is murder or murder. In my opinion, it is, but I don't really care most mothers make their own decisions, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.