• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your views on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you mean unborn babies, so correct me if I'm wrong.
It depends, honestly. If she's emotionally wrecked and can't handle giving birth one bit, or her life is in danger, then she should.

No, I meant six-month-old babies who have been born. You claimed that getting an abortion is the exact same thing as kiling a baby, so aborting a rape fetus is therefore the exact same thing as killing a six-month-old baby who was born of rape. Or is one acceptable and not the other, despite them being (as you said) the exact same thing?

The government has no right to say what a women can do with her own body.

However, I would like it if there were restrictions. For example, rape victims, incest victims, babies that will die upon birth, and so on should be allowed.

But some random rich girl who just doesn't want to stop partying shouldn't be able to.
But the government has no right to say what a random partying rich girl can do with her own body.

What's more important: the government butting out of women's bodies, or feeling superior to party animals?

Last edited:

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
No, I meant six-month-old babies who have been born. You claimed that getting an abortion is the exact same thing as kiling a baby, so aborting a rape fetus is therefore the exact same thing as killing a six-month-old baby who was born of rape. Or is one acceptable and not the other, despite them being (as you said) the exact same thing?

I meant it might as well be sixth month old but there is one difference: sixth month old baby is out of your body. You can just adopt it out.
Yes, killing a sixth month old baby is unacceptable because:
-You can adopt it out. Not hard if you don't want to take care of it.
-You already gave birth to it, so you can just take care of it.
-You could do the macarena. (Okay, this is no place for jokes...)

You already gave birth to it, so why kill it when it can lead a happy life?

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
I meant it might as well be sixth month old but there is one difference: sixth month old baby is out of your body. You can just adopt it out.

How funny. This is exactly how we would respond whenever someone compares abortion to murdering a born child, regardless of the circumstances. Hm.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
How funny. This is exactly how we would respond whenever someone compares abortion to murdering a born child, regardless of the circumstances. Hm.

Well, actually, yeah. It kind of is. xD I mean, uh, yeah. That wasn't funny at all. <.<;; Hahah. Hah. ...Hah.

I think I already posted once with my opinion, but I might as well do it again 'cause it was ages ago and I wanna actually try to debate again.

I get that abortion is equal to murder in a lot of people's eyes, and I understand that completely. At the same time, though, I don't see why the government should decide whether or not a woman can keep her child. I don't believe the government should tell us how we can do things with our body, and that includes abortion. I would get mad as hell if someone told me what I could and couldn't do with my body, even if it was something like murdering something inside of me. It doesn't mean I would want to have an abortion if I was a girl, but I believe that everyone deserves that right to choose. It may be a moral wrong in your book to perform the abortion, but leave that choice to the mother. Just as long as she has that choice.

It already being out of your body is exactly why abortion and killing a baby are not the exact same thing.

Like J.T. said, the difference in the child's physical location makes a great difference in how parenthood is handled. Pro-choicers believe that people have the right to decide who gets to use any part of their own body, and exercising that right is justified even if it results in the other agent's death. A born child is not affected by that belief, so it would be nonsensical to suggest that parents have the right to kill their born children. This is why killing a fetus and killing a baby are not the same thing.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Well, actually, yeah. It kind of is. xD I mean, uh, yeah. That wasn't funny at all. <.<;; Hahah. Hah. ...Hah.

It already being out of your body is exactly why abortion and killing a baby are not the exact same thing.

This is what I meant to say, just much better worded. Also, I don't usually mean "funny" in a debate in the "funny ha-ha" sense.

Lexinad

It's morally wrong to kill things, but people should be free to do as they wish. It's not the government's place to decide what is right and wrong.

ohazombie

i don't believe anyone has the right to decide what a mother should and should not be able to do with her body. a lot of people aren't capable of raising a child. if the mother were a teenager, the parents and thier families lives would be changed completely. if you don't want to get pregnant, however, you should be responsible and use protection. but mistakes happen and things go wrong. also, just because abortions are legal doesn't mean everyone has to agree with. if you don't like it, don't have one.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.