• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Your views on ubers.

how should ubers be used

• I keep a separate uber team that only faces other uber teams

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • HOWEVER I WANT SO I CAN ALWAYS WIN

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • NEVER BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK OF ANY RATIONAL MEANS OF MAKING IT FAIR

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I made all of the options except one insulting to their choosers.
this is because I am angry at the large population of immature idiots that think mixing ubers into standard teams is fair and the small but vocal population of arrogant idiots who think that ubers should be unquestionably banned.

They're Ubers. They are mega-high stat Pokemon that have great potential in battle. But seriously, if there is an Uber Tournament then an Uber would be acceptable to use. But NEVER on non-uber teams.

nubinator

Banned
Ubers vs Ubers, OU vs OU.

Ubers are high-stat Pokemon that are somewhat good in battle like MistyLover said.

I like 00bers.

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
I'm glad all these smart people are showing up. I don't like people who think they're smart but aren't creative enough to think of using separate strength
classes and think the only viable option is to completely ban ubers.
for example, there's one of those "copy and paste into your signature" things going around that accuses uber-users of "not thinking outside the box"

THE_MEWTILATOR

Master-in-Training.
My view on ubers is this.

I view all Pokemon as potential candidates, review their moveset, stats, EXP requirement rate, etc. In all, a Pokemon in regards to the game is nothing more than a weapon or equipment to help me win the game. With regards to that, I view all uber Pokemon as ultimate weapons to make my life a whole lot easier to beat the game. I don't play Pokemon for bragging rights (nobody gives a damn) or pride ( because what pride would a 20 year old have playing a game for 10 year olds?), I just play so I can have fun and having fun requires winning in the equation. Time is a factor, take too long and the game isn't fun any more.

In regards to multiplayer battles, I don't do those, therefore I don't really care what happens.

But on a side note, a properly trained Pokemon will defeat an uber because I'm going on the stand that they are caught at a much higher level, and therefore don't get as much stats as a trained Pokemon does. Besides that, whenever I reach such an uber, I'm usually the same level as it, and I can get away with using only one Pokemon throughout the match until I catch it.

I'm actually referring only to multiplayer battles so your comments don't really apply. Using them to beat the Elite Four didn't even grace my mind when I was thinking of this topic because simply finishing the 1-player mode is very easy and in reality a very small part of the game.

Last edited:

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
I dont use ubers. Sorry!

I use an uber sometimes i dont think its unfair. But some people use a whole team of ubers. I think thats a bit unfair. But I always defeat my cousins uber etam without or with only one uber. So it isnt that unfair.

Sphyxius

what exactly is uber anyway? i've heard some people say that like Heatran and Manaphy and Darkrai and Deoxys are uber but stats-wise they are on par with Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, and other pokes of that nature. the legendary trios actually ALL have base stat totals that are LOWER (580) than pokemon like Tyranitar and Metagross (who's totals are 600, along with legendaries like Mew and Celebi)

now I know Mew is uber for its movepool... but other than that... i don't think anything with a stat total of 600 or lower is uber. so i really don't think pokemon like Heatran or Jirachi or Shaymin should be considered uber because they have the same stat totals the Dragonite that started as the little wee Dratini.

would it be acceptable in a battle to arrange a certain number of ubers on a team? like allow each team 2 ubers but no more?

i'd really like to use a Heatran on my wi-fi team... i see no problem with it if other people are going to use Salamences, Garchomps, Metagrosses, and Tyranitars.

my understanding is that ubers should be pokemon like Groudon, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Palkia, and Arceus... since they have stat totals over 600... the point beyond which legendaries stats no longer overlap with normal pokemon (like Dragonite and such) with the exception of Slaking, who's uber stats are balanced by his HORRIBLE ability.

anyone think or know otherwise?

spareux

maldición
discussion of this topic on sppf is always a complete shambles and mockery of what competitive battling is.
half the people posting don't even know the definition of an uber and in extreme but unfortunately not uncommon cases do not know what an Uber actually is.

At the end of the day, there is absolutely no reason to hate ubers and legendary Pokemon other than your own stupidity.

If you end up playing Ubers with an OU team because the person uses an Uber team and didn't tell you, it's your own fault for not enquiring, or the person simply isn't worth beating for not telling you.
If you think legends are ubers because of the pretty story behind them in-game and in the anime, it's also your own fault, and expect to be pulled into debates telling you that you're wrong.

LittleCloud

back after hiatus
I only use Ubers in prearranged battles when the other person agrees to to allow them. Ubers give an unfair advantage because of their high stats and wide movepools. They are fun to use but the places where you can battle are limited to battles outside the Battle Tower, Uber Tornaments, and a battles with your friends who will agree to allow them. Its perflecty fine to have a team of them but most people(in general) will not accept Uber battles

Raikou77

Ubers are fun.

At the JAA it was pretty much Uber 2v2 and it was really fun imo.

Sammi

Banned
I don't mind ubers. I'm actually fond of them. Not for battle, but the history behind them is cool. In battle, they should only be used on Uber Tournaments and such, since they will be facing foes of their strength. In non-uber however, ubers make the game very very unfair with their stats and such. The only exception is that if your friend doesn't mind facing ubers, then it's okay to use them.

I wouldn't use many of them. I'm the type who sticks to favorites. If I did use one, it'd probably be Lugia. I really like that Pokemon.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
what exactly is uber anyway? i've heard some people say that like Heatran and Manaphy and Darkrai and Deoxys are uber but stats-wise they are on par with Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, and other pokes of that nature. the legendary trios actually ALL have base stat totals that are LOWER (580) than pokemon like Tyranitar and Metagross (who's totals are 600, along with legendaries like Mew and Celebi)

now I know Mew is uber for its movepool... but other than that... i don't think anything with a stat total of 600 or lower is uber. so i really don't think pokemon like Heatran or Jirachi or Shaymin should be considered uber because they have the same stat totals the Dragonite that started as the little wee Dratini.

would it be acceptable in a battle to arrange a certain number of ubers on a team? like allow each team 2 ubers but no more?

i'd really like to use a Heatran on my wi-fi team... i see no problem with it if other people are going to use Salamences, Garchomps, Metagrosses, and Tyranitars.

my understanding is that ubers should be pokemon like Groudon, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Palkia, and Arceus... since they have stat totals over 600... the point beyond which legendaries stats no longer overlap with normal pokemon (like Dragonite and such) with the exception of Slaking, who's uber stats are balanced by his HORRIBLE ability.

anyone think or know otherwise?

Ubers:

Mewtwo
Mew
Wobbuffet
Lugia
Ho-oh
Wynaut
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus

Nothing more, nothing less.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Has anyone even tried to do a stat comparison between an uber (which apparently can't be bred) and a bred Pokemon at level 100?

What do you mean? It would depend on the Pokemon and its base stats and IVs. A Pokemon hatched from an Egg won't be magically stronger than if it was caught in the wild anyway: It all depends on the IVs it has.

Sphyxius

Ubers:

Mewtwo
Mew
Wobbuffet
Lugia
Ho-oh
Wynaut
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus

Nothing more, nothing less.

what makes Darkrai uber? and Deoxys? defense Deoxys is like a Shuckle with slightly better stats in the non-defenses, attack deoxys is like a Psychic Rampardos that will die if it takes a hit from anything. normal and speed Deoxys are pretty much on par with any other 600 stat total poke.

someone explain to me why Wobbuffet and Wynaut are uber? i knew the former was considered uber (still don't know why) but the latter uber? thats a bit of a stretch... sure Wobbuffet has the moves to counter just about anything, even non-offensive moves and statuses, but it can't do them all at once and unless you are psychic i don't see you catching every one of your opponents moves. and Wobbuffet relies on your opponent going first. if you are going up against a CB poke... wtf? have any of you SEEN this pokemons defense stats? that are 58! >.< CB pokes will chew it up and spit it out before it counters or mirror coats anything. destiny bond only has 5 pp and only works the turn you use it. you can easily bluff your opponent. and i really don't see how encore is effective on this pokemon. sure, your opponent will be stuck using a non offensive move for up to 5 turns but what the hell will you do in the mean time? counter? mirrorcoat? safeguard? that'll be fun. so you switch. then your opponent switches. -_- also, ever heard of a free stat-boost set-up? wobbuffet says hi :)

wobbuffet is not uber for its movepool or stats or edge on other pokemon, but for the possibility of wobbuffet vs. wobbuffet which = endless battle.

all the other folks on your list i agree with being uber.