• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You're A Star, Larvitar! (264)

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I love Magby, so it was cool to see him in this episode :D
Not a bad episode, unlike a lot of Johto saga episodes...
8/10

7threst

Both the this and the next two episodes were primarily focuses on Larvitar - which I think they did that nicely as an last arc before the whole Silver Conference started. The battle between Magby and Cyndaquil was really nice done and gave fire-type Pokémon some more spotlight. While perhaps largely unrelated to the synopsis of this episode, I recently found out that this Pokémon center was the same one during " The Legend of Thunder!" with Jimmy and Marina.

Blessed

A decent episode, I liked the battle between Ash and Satchel. Too bad Cyndaquil lost. Nice to see Larvitar saved the day, hence the title. I didn't like Satchel's voice though, because it was Ritchie's.

charizardmaster125

I like the part when James says "Weezing, do anything!" The way he says it just sounds funny, one of the best lines in the dub.

Zamin

Larvitar was cool and it was nice to see Magby!

Nice to see Larvitar get some attention (over the next couple episodes) before it's arc is completed. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Magby debut and I was just sad that Ash's Cyndaquil lost to it cuz I thought Cyndaquil should've been much stronger. Larvitar seemed to have gained more courage here which was good. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
Magby seemed OP for a baby Pokemon and admittedly Ash began training for the League way too late. He should've done this a while ago. 6/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Finally, Larvitar development! It was delightful to see Larvitar risk himself to save Ash, like when he bit the tire of the truck to stop Team Rocket. I thought the battle between Ash and Satchel was good, but it sucks how Cyndaquil lost. I was glad that Satchel's Magby evolved into a Magmar though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash's Cyndaquil should've evolved here frankly. As a Quilava it could've easily defeated that dude's Magby...

I think it would've been interesting if Cyndaquil had evolved here, but the episode was more about Larvitar showcasing new moves any ways than about Cyndaquil.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was as surprised as Kasumi was when Satoshi used his Hinoarashi against Senichi's Bubii instead of using his Waninoko, although this illustrated Satoshi's favoritism. Still, it was nice seeing all those trainers practicing for the Jouto League, and it was refreshing to see the Pokemon save themselves from the Rocket-dan.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. And good Magby debut. But the episode centers around Larvitar, as he helped save the Pokémon captured by Team Rocket.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Good episode. And good Magby debut. But the episode centers around Larvitar, as he helped save the Pokémon captured by Team Rocket.

It was meant to be a Yogiras themed episode, yet the episode's main plot spent more time focusing on Bubii, as well as on preparations for the upcoming Jouto League.

Daizy

I call you honey
Omg Magby was so cute that I was regretting that Ash never caught one. The Larvitar stuff was a bore though. He never really progressed.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Kind of an anonymous episode. I really like Larvitar and Cyndaquil, but for some reason I lost attention several times during this.

I liked the start though, and wish we'd see more of Ash training his Pokemon. It is indeed strange that a few episodes before the league, his team consists of 5 not-fully-evolved Pokemon and Noctowl, a Pokemon barely used for battling.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
I liked the start though, and wish we'd see more of Ash training his Pokemon. It is indeed strange that a few episodes before the league, his team consists of 5 not-fully-evolved Pokemon and Noctowl, a Pokemon barely used for battling.

I did like watching Satoshi do some last-minute training, but the emphasis on Yogiras seemed kind of redundant in hindsight given that he would soon be leaving the cast, anyway.

What a good episode that featured Larvitar actually getting some development instead of him acting all shy for an entire episode which was beginning to grate on my nerves by this point. I liked how we got to see so many trainers who were practicing for the Johto League and I liked the match between Cyndaquil and Magby since it made Magby seem like a strong battler even though it was a baby.