• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You're biggest FML in pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent three hours searching for a shiny Koffing.
Found one and put it to sleep and left it with almost no heath.
Opened my bag, no balls. ;109;

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
@Soroft: see what I was talking about now? That Beldum advice is solid.

I used to own Gold back in the day; I loved that game so much. I played it a LOT, loved my Meganium, and pretty much had a blast. I let my older brothers play it sometimes...once, I went downstairs and accidentally. Called up to one of them to get it to me. He dropped it out the window in a bag. About 3 stories. I missed the catch thanks to wind. The cartridge never worked again, and I was devastated. FML.

I've had some pretty decent luck with shinies. Played HG, going through the storyline at late night/early morning, and I was so tired that I was falling asleep while playing. In the Ice Path, I ran into a shiny female Bold Zubat. So great. I saved, texted a friend to tell him about it, and then passed out haha.

Ellyn

The only legit shiny I remember actually seeing in a game was a shiny Poochyena.

And it was in an EMULATOR!!!!

So I'm never playing an emulator again unless I can get it to trade with my games.

Although.. if it was an emulator I'm not sure how legit that shiny was. -_-

Oh well.

Electric

My sister stole the Sapphire version out of my room and and started a new game on it.

Goodbye shiny Mudkip.

Goodbye shiny Zigzagoon.

Goodbye shiny Numel.

:(

I had a level 9 Togetic with a Master Ball also. I hate my sister.

hitoshura0

Yeah, thank you BF. Going for a gold print on the Battle Hall with a Choice Specs Lucario, I'm up to the 150s. A Golem appears. The battle goes like this:

Golem's Quick Claw activates.
Golem used Hammer Arm! Critical Hit!
Lucario has fainted.
FML.

But on another challenge with Zapdos, Argenta used an Ampharos. It used Snore everytime it attacked. Hooray!

I was fighting Lance in HG. He was on his last pokemon, Dragonite and I had my Gyrados. Gyrados was down to very low health and I took the chance to use ice fang but guess what? IT MISSED! Then I lost to Lance but luckily I saved before the battle so I shut off my game and fought him again so I didn't have to fight the rest of the Elite Four. It still was my biggest FML moment though.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Hey look! A shiny Clamperl! I'll weaken it!

"A CRITICAL HIT!"

FML.

Though a few years later on Sapphire, I had a moment that made my day.

"Just goin up to the desert from Mauville to go catch a Trapinch...hey look a rock I need to Rock Smash."
*Rock Smash*
"A wild Geodude appeared! *sparkle sparkle*"

Me: :D

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Great one in the Battle Factory today. My team was Omastar, Chansey, and Hitmontop.

Omastar starts against Rotom, I switch to Chansey to stall a little. Metronome gets Sacred Fire, which burns him. Switch back to Omastar, only to get crushed after a rollout or two.

Hitmontop goes out and pulls through with Triple Kick and the Burn damage. Next up, Exeggcute. Hitmontop clears easily with a Triple Kick or two, and then Grumpig rolls in. Psybeam destroys Hitmontop.

Chansey, my last hope, goes out. I use Minimize a bunch and then Metronome, and got Morning Sun while at low health. YUS. I use Metronome again, Roar of Time does nothing. I'm back at low health eventually. Metronome, Payback. Grumpig's at low health, and attacks only to miss. Last Metronome, TRANSFORM! YEAYUH! I clear him out with his own Grass Knot.

Most epic Factory battle of my life.

Lee296

Veteran Trainer
Hey guys. I wanna know what your biggest FML in pokemon is. It could be having a legendary at 1 HP and then realizing you ran out of ultra balls, or it could be you're 10 seconds away from a new town and you get owned by a trainer who has the perfect pokemon to beat your last one.

There are tons of them out there, and I think I speak for most people when I say we all like a good laugh at each other's misfortunes. Come on, admit it.

But rules are rules.
1. Each post has to have a new story if you post twice, or you have to reply to another post. No random conversations like "Omg I hate Garchomp's Dragon Rush" or something.
2. All other Serebii rules apply.
3. Feel free to include your greatest F*** YEAH moment as well, but try not to make it another post.
4. I have said multiple times, you can post way more than one story, they just all have to be different. Whether you have one, three, forty, or more stories, you will always find room in this thread for all of them.

And I've always found it cliche to make a thread without explaining, so I'll tell you mine.

Back on Silver Version for the Gameboy, I was going into the whirl islands to get Lugia. It was an epic battle, complete with fainting, blood, sweat, and tears. In the end, at the very last possible moment, before it killed my typhlosion, I threw my great ball. one shake, two shake, three shake. I caught Lugia with a Great ball. I scampered out of there, only to get to the cliff you have to jump over to get into the cave. I checked my bag for an escape rope, only to have 0. FML! I had to turn it off and revert to my save outside. When I went back in, though, I found another way out. Angered me.

LOL!!
That's why I save before and[/I after I catch it!

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I was in the Battle Hall with my CB Electivire kicking the living sh*t out of everything...

I only had Bug, Ghost, and Psychic left to go until I got the chance to earn my Gold Print. Decided to take down the Psychic pokemon...

On my 8th match against a Ralts, I got distracted and carelessly used Thunderpunch on it...

This wouldn't have been a problem if it had Synchronize as an ability...but it had Trace...

Electivires ability is Motor Drive and Choice Band only allows the use of 1 move...

I was beaten by the fastest Ralts alive...

BuizelPidgeot

I was playing pokemon blue on my Gameboy color and i got to mewtwo's cave and found mewtwo inside, and used about 99 ultraball's on him, when i ran out of ultraball's and five of my pokemon were fainted i was left with pidgeot in lvl 70 (or something i don't remember) but then i threw a normal pokeball and... MEWTWO WAS COUGHT i could not belive it...

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
my 1st "FML" moment is when i went go catch Shaymin in pearl, i wasted like almost every pokeball i had and i even SR 3 times. Then on my 4th try i realize i had a masterball i traded over from diamond. 2 hours of my life gone.

I also knocked out a shiny poochyena in emerald because i figured i'd never use it on my team X_x

purplepikachu

in silver, caught a lugia. Before I saved, met a gastly somewhere. I sent in raticate because I thought it was good and wanted to train it. Gastly used mean look. They couldn't hit each other... Gastly used lick. Raticate used tackle. gameboybattery used die. Gastly fainted. Raticate fainted. Lugia dissapears. FFFFMMMMLLL

Omastar starts against Rotom, I switch to Chansey to stall a little. Metronome gets Sacred Fire, which burns him. Switch back to Omastar, only to get crushed after a rollout or two.

Hitmontop goes out and pulls through with Triple Kick and the Burn damage.

So, if I'm reading this right, you Triple Kicked a Ghost type... or did you forget to mention Foresight was involved?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Shiny Geodude.

Guess what it did?

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Caught Latios today, and it was WAAAAAAAAAY too easy to catch... Used my lvl. 44 Ampharos, and the battle went like this:

1 Thunder Wave, 4 Thunderbolts, 2 Lemonades.
Latios just spammed either Zen Headbutt or Luster Purge.
Then it killed Ampharos with a critical hit LP.
Then I sent out my lvl. 75 Ho-Oh. Used one Level Ball. Failed.
Used one Level Ball. Success.

Sigh...

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
So, if I'm reading this right, you Triple Kicked a Ghost type... or did you forget to mention Foresight was involved?

Not Foresight sorry, The memory was a little foggy because I was focused on boarding a plane at the time. I think what happened was I switched back to Omastar and Rotom used Confuse Ray, and then I Rollouted it to low health, but it Thundershocked Omastar. I switched back out to Hitmontop and the Burn damage killed it after a Detect protected me. The rest is pretty solid if my memory's correct.

Haywire_Hakaze

Pokemon Egg Trainer
I'm not a shiny nut so I won't SR repeatedly in an attempt to catch a certain Shiny, but I'm one of those people that will catch a Shiny if I see one. Now, this one didn't happen to me, but my friend's boyfriend. A whole group of us bought HGSS the second Gamestop opened (we camped outside the store even though we'd all preordered, and there was no line, lol; it was fun), and we all started playing immediately. Now, he was on his merry little way and he ran into a Shiny Pidgey. Being like me, hewas going to catch it, only... He ran into it before he'd hit the first town and hadn't had the chance to buy pokeballs yet. FHL. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.