• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

You're biggest FML in pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Some time ago, I restarted Sapphire and was training like crazy in Granite Cave. I always have trouble with the Dewford Gym for some reason. Anyways after a while I decided to start catching some pokemon to fill up the pokedex, so I went about that. It was night time, and I was on the verge of sleep when I see a flash of red...yeah, a shiny makuhita. It caught me off guard, snapping my fatigue away. So I weaken it, and go to use a pokeball...

and of course, there were none. I had used the last one on a stupid geodude. I didn't lose sleep over it of course, but I had to grimace at the poor luck. At least it wasn't a shiny (or pokemon for that matter) I actually like, but hey.

Cubones_Mother

Go Super Sandslash!
Back when I was young and Silver and Gold had come out, I was playing in the Dragons Den (Mind you, I was 8-9 at the time) and came across a Dratini. A regular, run of the mill dratini.
I thought it was a legendary pokemon so...
"Go, Master Ball!"
I then found out it wasn't as legendary as I thought and did a HUGE facepalm. I'm now careful when it comes to catching pokemon...

manaphee

新たなる誓い
When I was in second grade and Emerald was a relatively new game, (it might have been ruby, though) I was in a cave, and I came across a Shiny Whismur. I didn't know what shinies really were. I was scared that my game was messed up because its ears were green. So I fled.
-facepalm-

pokeAjvmon

Future Master
I've had 2, and they are fairly similar,

A few years ago, I was playing the first mystery dungeon game, Going through celebi's dungeon, the one where you start at level 1 and can't bring items, I see a togepi ahead of me, and usually I would make it walk up to me, but I think, "it's just a togepi, what harm could it do?" I walk up, it metronomes, Gets Sheer Cold, I die. FML

About 2 months ago, I was testing out my trick room team in the battle tower, and my lead is a solrock. I face some guy with a chancey. He starts with defense curl, and I trick room. Turns out, I was actually faster then it, so I go after it in the trick room, She metronomes and gets trick room, tearing down mine, and I explode. His next pokemon was a fast sweeper, I get swept in the battle tower. FML

Sprintking

Biggest FML? Battling a friend and having his Fissure take me out 3 consecutive times

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
One of my biggest moments recently was in Emerald, and was both a FML and a F*** YEAH moment. It was the battle with Winona, and I happened to catch it on video!
^^For those of you too lazy to watch the video, the battle went like this:
The first Pokemon I used was an Absol who used Swords Dance to max its Attack. That Absol OHKO'd Winona's next two Pokemon, and 2HKO'd Skarmory. Then came Altaria. Although it was five levels lower than my Absol, it happened to be faster. It started by using Dragonbreath, which paralyzed my Absol. Then my Absol was fully paralyzed for three turns in a row, while Altaria used Dragon Dance. Then it OHKO'd my Absol with an Aerial Ace. I swore the game was broken then... But then I sent out a freshly-caught Wobbuffet which OHKO'd Altaria with Counter. Now that was an epic win!

Another FML moment I had back in Crystal was when I went exploring in the Whirl Islands without Flash. Even though I had one of those guides that shows you the maps of every region, I still got lost in there, and had no Escape Ropes. Worse, I made the mistake of saving in there! The only way I was able to get out was by battling Lugia and having it KO all of my Pokemon.

Even earlier, in Yellow, I had beaten the game and got my team to level 70-something. This was the very first Pokemon game I ever had. Then my friend introduced me to Game Shark and wanted to test some codes on it... and the whole game was deleted. ;___; This is why I don't use Game Shark.

Another F*** YEAH moment I had was also in Emerald. I had a list of Pokemon I wanted to catch, and came up with their nicknames beforehand. One of the Pokemon on the list was Absol, and if it was male, I was going to nickname it Sirius. Well, I caught the Absol, and it turned out to be male, so of course it got the nickname Sirius. Then I checked its stats on the PC... its nature was Serious! o_O And the chances are what, 1 in 50, for getting that particular gender/nature combo??

Last edited:

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
My best moments:
-Beating Cynthia after weeks of trying. And trying. And trying.
-I thought i lost my Platinum game, but it had somehow gotten in my SoulSilver box. I don't remember how, but either way, i have my game back!
Lots of people are posting about not being able to catch a shiny. My problem is not seeing them in the first place. Aside from the Pikachu colored Pichu from the gamestop event, and the Gya-red-os (that's actually what i named it) from the lake of rage, i have never seen a shiny at all. I'm also horrible at chaining, so that lowers my chances even more! Another unlucky moment related to shinies is catching the Sudowoodo in HG/SS before remembering about soft-resetting. And i don't have Diamond. And i saved many times afterwards. I'm just not lucky with shinies at all.

You're terrible and wonderful at the same time. See, I lost my diamond, so I just bought a pearl used yesterday so I could start shiny hunting again. Because of your post, I decided to look in my soulsilver case. I found my diamond. FML/F*** YEA.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I tried catching Rayquaza multiple times because I had used my Master Ball on Kyogre. One time, when I reset for it, it showed up as a Shiny Rayquaza. I decided to weaken it before pelting Pokeballs. One Ice-Beam KO'd it. FML.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Pokemon Ruby:

Basically, when I was young, I had no idea how to get out of Slateport city. Like, I had absolutely no idea.

Then, one night, I had a dream that I somehow had a bike in Ruby and could go through the cycling path. Woke up actually believing I then had a bike and went straight to my Ruby.

I didn't have a bike :/

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
mine is when i was tryin to catch a wild regice,and i was testing its special defense with my pokemons special attacks,and it seems that the nature of that regice was a nature that + special defense,but after tossing all my ultra balls,none of them caught it.

FML

The 3D RoBot

................!
My biggest FML was in pokemon sapphire when I was trying to get the surf HM. I was in the right town to get it at but i talked to the wrong ppl. so i made a new game and saved. soon i found out it was in the house i was next to! F- My Life.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Just had a f*** yeah moment:

Playing Pokemon SoulSilver, hadn't as of yet encountered Entei or Raikou in the wild (wasn't really looking)
Was on Route 31, when Entei appeared. I wasn't planning on trying to catch it just yet, but I had a fast ball in my bag, and thought I might as well throw it (even though it has a 1.6% chance of capture, as Entei had full health).

I caught it! F*** yeah!

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Tbh, I didn't expect this many FML's to be out there! These are all unique and great, and it makes me appreciate the minor inconvienences compared to these stories.

Another FML for the posting. Right after I fought blue in SS, I decided to take my team for training on the E4. Unfortunately, I was misinformed, and they were already leveled up. Of course, I expected to trounce them, so I didn't bring much. Let's just say karen back-handed me to Mt. Silver.

Now post on, pokecommunity! United, we screw s*** up!

syuu

suggestive cupcake
the third dragonite in Lance's soul silver champion team. i thought i was going to have a stroke.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Loosing my emerald game right after i gold my first gold symbol (knowledge). Same goes for my crystal after getting all 16 badges. In actualy story, my computer crashed.

My FML moment was when after many, many times trying to successfully chain Beldum (and i mean MANY times) i finally get to 40 and start resetting... an HOUR later the patch appears.

So i'm fighting it, it's got just over half of it's health left and it decides to struggle. It survives so i decide it's time for the master ball.

Yeah i hit "Run" by accident.

I have never been so angry with myself ever in my entire life. luckily i have a shiny Beldum now but... grr

A F*** YEAH moment would be when i was looking for a Murkrow in Diamond and they would NOT stay in thier pokeball atall. Seriously i was going nuts.

I had ran out of balls completally, so I went and bought more and returned to Eterna Forest and began again.

And what do you think i ran into? A shiny Buneary right after i had refreshed my stock of balls xD That bunny COULD have appeared when i was out of balls but it waited and that was a great moment! I caught a Murkrow eventually aswell.

stevendat

Wandering Demon
In Soulsilver
A F*** YEAH moment happened today when I went to fight HO-OH (the lvl 70 version) just for fun and to see how powerful it was. I didn't have any real intention of catching it cause it was 10 levels higher than everyone in my party and because I thought it would own everyone but after 3 or 4 turns since the fight started I chucked an ultra ball and 1 shake, 2 shake, 3 shake BAM!!!! I caught it on the first try. I was so proud (and LUCKY)

A FML moment happened when in sapphire I was training in victory road and I came across a shiny Lairon. It used roar and ran away like a little...you know. I'm not too fond of them but come on that sucked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.